Game-Labs Forum

Would like to have these men and units in the game for recruitment or rewards for completing a battle.
                 CSA:
                 officers:
James Kemper
William T. "Bloody Bill" Anderson
John Singleton Mosby "The Gray Ghost"
Joseph Johnston
Edmund Kirby Smith
Edward Porter Alexander
Barnard Bee
Patrick Cleburne
Benjamin Terry
Wade Hampton
William Quantrill
                   Units:
The Alabama Brigade
Louisiana Tigers
Orphan Brigade
Shelby's Iron Brigade‎
Stonewall Brigade
Texas Brigade
Laurel Brigade
Terry's Texas Rangers
Hampton's Legion
Quantrill's Raiders
Nathaniel Banks
George Custer
Abner Doubleday
Arthur Macarthur
Daniel Sickles
Benjamin Butler
George Thomas
John Pope
Oliver Howard
William Starke Rosecrans
Adelbert Ames
Daniel Butterfield
                    Units:
Irish Brigade
Lightning Brigade
Vermont Brigade‎
Philadelphia Brigade‎ 
Michigan Brigade‎ 
Excelsior Brigade‎ 
 Gibraltar Brigade‎
The Lightning Mule Brigade
U.S. Horse Artillery Brigade
Spinola brigade
Mississippi Marine Brigade

Wants:

Would like to see a Civil War Newsletter for every battle pop up for realism

Need to show the Division Commander as a Corps General unit so that i can keep him alive or know what brigade he's with.

Division Commander's should have combat bonuses as well.

Brigade cap at 2600.

Custom battles within the campaign as a what if scenario.

Defensive custom battles for CSA and Offensive for Union.

Would like to see naval battles.

Detach brigades into five regiments if in a tight spot or able to deploy skirmishers (x3).

Able to dispatch all five Corps if available.

Unit detail.

Able to nickname Divisions.

Artillery and Sharpshooters need more damage.

Edited by Hardcase726
  • Like 2

It would be nice if you can get a few more special brigades like the "Iron Brigade." and the one cav unit you can get.  Maybe them historic leaders/units of that battle you can get and keep.   I normally have my own theme for each unit and corps, but would be nice if we got special ones to fill the rank every other major battles.

8 hours ago, Hardcase726 said:

Would like to see a Civil War Newsletter for every battle pop up for realism

Oh I like that idea - reminds me of Hitman Blood Money. Little bit of immersion added and it could be easily done - I am sure some of the playerbase would pitch in if Dartis lacks the time to engage in that.

5 hours ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

Oh I like that idea - reminds me of Hitman Blood Money. Little bit of immersion added and it could be easily done - I am sure some of the playerbase would pitch in if Dartis lacks the time to engage in that.

I would pay/donate if they could give us the Division Commander as a leader unit instead of being attached to a random brigade(example: John B. Hood was killed and the only unit who was taking hits was the 5th Brigade) and the Newsletter, give me a price.

2 minutes ago, Hardcase726 said:

I would pay/donate if they could give us the Division Commander as a leader unit instead of being attached to a random brigade(example: John B. Hood was killed and the only unit who was taking hits was the 5th Brigade) and the Newsletter, give me a price.

I do not want to manage upwards of 20 tiny Corps Commanders. :P

Edited by The Soldier
  • Like 1

You already manage Corps Commanders.  He's talking Division and Brigade commanders. ;)

Yes, I know semantics.  And I am sure you knew this. Your not wanting it doesn't negate those who do. But then those who do probably tend to play more realistically. 

43 minutes ago, A. P. Hill said:

You already manage Corps Commanders.  He's talking Division and Brigade commanders. ;)

Yes, I know semantics.  And I am sure you knew this. Your not wanting it doesn't negate those who do. But then those who do probably tend to play more realistically. 

More realistically or not, it's going to be impossible to manage 20 miniature versions of Corps Commanders (the Division commanders) in addition to the Corps Commanders.  I don't want to think of the mess that attacking Antietam as the Union would fall into.  Hell, half the time I already forget about a Corps Commander sometimes, and they're left behind as the battle moves on.

It's not about realism or me not liking more realism, it's about practicality.  With the current system, it just wouldn't be enjoyable or fun, at that point.  Unless other functionality to aid the micromanagement were added (like how British officers in CoH1 could Follow a squad), I don't want this.

Edited by The Soldier
  • Like 1

I'd like a Rep bonus for inflicting casualties- say 1 Rep for every 500 casualties.  It would provide incentive to go after the AI army along with the geographical objectives.

For Division commanders, instead of having them as individual units, how about assigning them to brigades?  Have an modified icon that shows a flag or star or something similar.  I'd like to be able to have individualized icons also- like the Corps symbols the Union used (diamonds, clubs, etc in red, white or blue) or State outlines.

• Like 1

I agree, I would LOVE to see more historical generals available for purchase or with reputation points. 

The newsletter idea is actually pretty awesome, never thought of that -- could even read Harpers Weekly...

Edited by Sykes
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Fred Sanford said:

I'd like a Rep bonus for inflicting casualties- say 1 Rep for every 500 casualties.  It would provide incentive to go after the AI army along with the geographical objectives.

For Division commanders, instead of having them as individual units, how about assigning them to brigades?  Have an modified icon that shows a flag or star or something similar.  I'd like to be able to have individualized icons also- like the Corps symbols the Union used (diamonds, clubs, etc in red, white or blue) or State outlines.

Works too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fred Sanford said:

Good suggestions for an old fish-eyed fool. :P

How are Lamont and Aunt Esther these days? 

Color Coded Corps Symbols for Corps/division assignments I've been working for since day 1. 

21 hours ago, Fred Sanford said:

Yep a bit like for naval games where a specific symbol shows the ship where the Task Force leader is. It would basically be a Brigade with a slightly different flag that would have say 5 morale bonus or so.

• Like 1

Would love the newsletter idea. Wouldn't be too difficult... you'd just need some kind of blank space to replace the casualties and losses figures... as well as equipment gained, enemy generals killed... maybe something praising the brigade/division that got the most kills.

Edited by vren55

You actually want Butler? Grant and Lincoln sure didnt. I'd add Sherman (as a reward for Victory at Shiloh, possibly), Meade (for Gettysburg) and Sheridan (ideally from Cedar Creek, Trevilian Station or Third Winchester if they're ever added).

14 minutes ago, Andre Bolkonsky said:

One small battery of four, that's all we ask for

Dakadakadakadakadakadaka

Color coded units on the battlefield based on what Corps or maybe Division they belonged to might be nice.

Edited by The Soldier
  • Like 1