Game-Labs Forum

Crafting and blueprint changes

13 hours ago, Harsh_Winter said:

As far as i get it - We need only level to craft now. I hope lvl system wont change. Like 20 level = Renommee etc

it won't
level unlocks ships up to ships of the line. Ships of the line blueprints can be bought from the admiralty.

59 minutes ago, Jean Pual Vilvenue said:

Devs you do so much talking and no action. Hurry up and release these updates... rghhhhh

Really?!  If you are this upset about a game, maybe you should re-evaluate some things....

2 hours ago, admin said:

it won't
level unlocks ships up to ships of the line. Ships of the line blueprints can be bought from the admiralty.

Niagara, Rattle, heavy rattle, Indiaman - and maybe also the ones of other ships (le gro ventre, in example) - are neither included in "normal" level-unlocked BP nor available in the Admiralty shop.

Any clue about how will we able to get those BP?

Edited by victor
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Coraline Vodka said:

I'd guess the old way of crafting the ship before it?

Afaik we are not going back to the old way. If nothing else, the devs just haven't added the bueprints to the store or to our crafting ability. Just give it time.

8 hours ago, victor said:

Niagara, Rattle, heavy rattle, Indiaman - and maybe also the ones of other ships (le gro ventre, in example) - are neither included in "normal" level-unlocked BP nor available in the Admiralty shop.

Any clue about how will we able to get those BP?

Admin said they where just not put in this version of the patch yet and they are working on the ship crafting still.,  What we have in game isn't the full ship crafting in testbed.  Look at a few ships like the cutter, they need provisions and gunpowder, they are changing some of the other ships like this too.  That is why it keeps showing up in the shop costing more than some of the other ships.

12 hours ago, Sir Joseph Blaine said:

Really?!  If you are this upset about a game, maybe you should re-evaluate some things....

Wait, you are telling me that you are not at all phased about how long development of this game and patches is taking not to mention how stupid some of these new implementations to the game they are introducing. Mate I purchased this game, and I have a right to be annoyed at the progress factor here, and if you can't handle my comment, perhaps you need to re-evaluate "some things" ...............

Edited by Jean Pual Vilvenue

One suggestion for cannon crafting: include in the description of the cannon (in the crafting screen) also the class of the cannon (the numbers shown in the lower part of the cannon slots in the ship fitting screen), so a crafter can actually check which cannon fits on each ship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, victor said:

One suggestion for cannon crafting: include in the description of the cannon (in the crafting screen) also the class of the cannon (the numbers shown in the lower part of the cannon slots in the ship fitting screen), so a crafter can actually check which cannon fits on each ship.

Admin told me i shoud elaborate this.

I dont know how i qoute this with my mobilephone but i can show you how the answer was..

? Elaborate?

12 hours ago, victor said:

nope, BP no longer drop from crafting.

Actually they still drop on break up, broke up a privateer the other day and it gave me the BP, that is cause right now the ship crafting is kinda in the middle of the old and new system.

6 hours ago, Intrepido said:

They were not added on purpose. They will be "special ships" obtained from a different way than admiralty or crafting.

Not exactly ture, he said some weren't added cause they forgot or didn't make the list, and others will be special only ships. They are still working on a lot of the ship stuff. Im going to be the special ones are the H. Rattler, but I think the others are the ones that are going to be added back in.  I also feel they are working on the trader ships, that is why we get auto all perks unlocked on the LVG when you buy it.   

But I"m not going to really guess anything until we actually see all the crafting stuff in patch on testbed.  Who knows what they are doing any more with some of the stuff.

One on the more important things regarding this patch is not the change on recipe or the introduction of guns. it's where ressources will be obtain and how.

We are now facing problem relativ of the importance of the % given by bonus.

Atm, 3 regional trim are mostly used:

1) Strong hull bonus

Used for all pb ships and for PVP ships when people can afford to craft them with this regional bonus

2) Pirate bonus
To board

3) French/english bonus
For Open sea PvP

All others regional bonus are useless due of the one before beeing to strong and with not enought negativ effect. To make things more balance each % bonys should be joined to a negativ bonus that may be twice the % of bonus.
- If you want a strong ship you will have a ship that get many leaks
- If you want to have a fast ships, your sails are weaker
- If you want to reload fast you get a big fire chance
etc etc
And make the malus bigger than bonus to make people wanted to use no bonus exept for same case.

Second point is the Wood

Live oak is a super mahoganny. If i can build a ship in liveoak why to build a ship in mahoganny? If i can't have a ship in liveoak, why to go to fight when oppoentn may have ship in liveoak that will crush mine so easly?

Same thngs for Fir . Bermuda is a fir without malus. What i'm supposed to do with ship escaping all the time? I build ship in fir. But i get the malus and not my ennemy because he got ship in bermuda cedar. What i'm supposed to do? Sails during 4h to get a port that NEVER failed in ennemy hands due of screen and others problems?

Ressources have to be balance for everyone or their bonus has to be really change to not make a wood a must have that control the map. Actually the nation that control the liveoak control all the port batle. 25 ship in mahoganny can't win gainst 25 ships in liveoak.
And if a fleet lost it will thinks it's because battle is unfair liveoak or not, they will think ennemy got it and it will decrease their motivtion to keep playing thinking they would not have had a chance.

To be OK, eco has to supplyu captain in ressources to craft ship that are alsmot equal on all the maps. RvR has not to be design to punish nation because if Rvr is punitiv for looser more you loose more you loose and with small nation and so many captals in antilles, some nation may be surrounder really quick or not able to get enough port to craft ships.

I've concer for example for sweden. If french, danish dutch and brits succes to destroy their redemable befoe they get a single port they would never be able to build a single hip forcing all theri captain to buy npp in ports.

So the more important things in this patch is one more time not the change on guns price of crew not even the fleet strange system. What is imporrtant for the clans that make your game still alive althought all the causals and small structure left is the spread of ressources.

The quicker we know where ressource will be obtain and how, the quicker we will be able to organise ourself.

Barberouge announce the wipe for the 15, pz be fast to launch your porteco hotfix. It's this one we should have need first to organise... It's the more emmergency patch in term of organisation for the players.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

until they hotfix or change it again
 I can confirm that all Thickness bonuses are now based on % increases, there are no more flat thickness bonuses.

Yep along with Stiffness is a percentage too.  I tested all this and did the math to make sure.  One of the staffers said it's ment to be like this, but if it is they need to change some of the stats cause the percentage is so small that it gives hardly any bonus over one of the other wood types really on the smaller ships.  You might see more advantage on the bigger ships than the smaller though.  

57 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yep along with Stiffness is a percentage too.  I tested all this and did the math to make sure.  One of the staffers said it's ment to be like this, but if it is they need to change some of the stats cause the percentage is so small that it gives hardly any bonus over one of the other wood types really on the smaller ships.  You might see more advantage on the bigger ships than the smaller though.  

I hope that stays....  wood type alone should not give such a bonus that it is an automatic win.  

I worry about the effects of "bonuses" and "perks"....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I actually think the bonuses as % should stay as they are right now.

if you haven't done the math for lineships, the armor they would get is similar to flat thickness bonuses. It's actually a buff to lineships because the % bonus gives more to them then the smaller ships.

1st rate example: 80 thickness

you do --> Live oak, Strong Hull, Stiffness --> 16% thickness bonus overall

the thickness becomes 92.8 (On the Live Server with 80 thickness it would be 94.6 with the flat bonuses)

With Mahogany --> 91.2 (On the Live server with 80 thickness it would be 92.6 with the flat bonuses)

I fully believe that just this % bonus change helps move live oak and mahogany closer in line together and the difference is not too great anymore to be considered a game winner. Add on to the fact that there is a Bowhead perm module that increase your cannon penetration by 5%, and you may not need to worry about thickness too much.

So again, I think the % bonus is better and should stay

8 minutes ago, Sir Joseph Blaine said:

I hope that stays....  wood type alone should not give such a bonus that it is an automatic win.  

yes, I agree for now, Wood type isn't the biggy anymore, it's the possibilities of different refits stacking with each other to make some insane options now.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sir Joseph Blaine said:

Wood type isn't auto win.  You just can't duke it out with a live oak ship if your cedar.  You got to use your ships strength and weakness. 

I don't think refits will be stackable cause you can't put more than one figurehead on a ship so they prob coded it so you can only have one refit type on the ship at a time....well we hope.

14 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Wood type isn't auto win.  You just can't duke it out with a live oak ship if your cedar.  You got to use your ships strength and weakness. 

I don't think refits will be stackable cause you can't put more than one figurehead on a ship so they prob coded it so you can only have one refit type on the ship at a time....well we hope.

less about stacking the same refits, but rather a lot of the refits have the same or similar bonuses is the worry? Personally I'm fine with it.

More powerfull ae wood fit and knowledge more unbalance is the game between noob and vet and small nation and big nation. Im a vet on a big nation so i should not care but i think about the new that may start swedish? They will uninstall the game after few hours like 80% of the people who bought the game...