Game-Labs Forum

Preliminary announcement about the wipe and recommended player actions.

3 hours ago, admin said:

There will be an item that players will be able to buy on Steam allowing Nation transfer within the same server. We just cannot say the specific date when it will appear - but definitely before or ON release of the game on steam.

3 hours ago, admin said:

Another asset wipe will be applied on launch. 
XP/Crafting XP is safe. 

Nation transfer item will be in game by then. If you are unsatisfied with your nation you can transfer keeping the character levels. 

Can you please make it so that nation transfer has two options?
1. Buy a transfer if you want to keep your crafting and rank XP
2. Free transfer would lose half or 2/3 of your crafting and rank XP (or even all of it, just saying to give us a free option)

52 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

Can you please make it so that nation transfer has two options?
1. Buy a transfer if you want to keep your crafting and rank XP
2. Free transfer would lose half or 2/3 of your crafting and rank XP (or even all of it, just saying to give us a free option)

I don't think they are stopping any one from deleting every thing and starting all over.  This is just an option for folks that don't want to loose all there stuff.

48 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I don't think they are stopping any one from deleting every thing and starting all over.  This is just an option for folks that don't want to loose all there stuff.

He's not asking for stopping people who want to start over from doing so, he's requesting a "premium" and a "free" transfer option, where the free or discounted option only removes a percentage of your xp/craft XP.

4 hours ago, Morales said:

Fisrt wipe will be on end of april, so can we hope an ETA for the release 1 or 2 month after?

2 months lol

half a year is probably already veeeery optimistic.
wouldnt surprise me if it takes til 2018

but hey, thats not meant to be a bad thing. better take your time but make it PROPERLY. A money-bug in the live version of the released game would suck so much. so take your time o7

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

2 months lol

half a year is probably already veeeery optimistic.
wouldnt surprise me if it takes til 2018

but hey, thats not meant to be a bad thing. better take your time but make it PROPERLY. A money-bug in the live version of the released game would suck so much. so take your time o7

Totally agree.

All my little clan and me (arround 15 ppl) stop playing the game after 1000/2000 hours of play time. And i think we are not alone

We are all waiting the first wipe to test new features and we ll come back in the game for the release. And we dont care if it takes 2 or 6 month or even more. Take your time, stop fighting against troll and kidds on this forum and steam and make the best sail sim ever ! :P

Edited by Morales
  • Like 4

On 3/31/2017 at 11:20 AM, admin said:

Checklist

1. Login to all servers you were not active and check your rank.

If I don't have an exiting character on other servers, do I still need to do this? On test server I had xp and money redemables: is this what I should have?

1 hour ago, Challenge said:

If I don't have an exiting character on other servers, do I still need to do this? On test server I had xp and money redemables: is this what I should have?

Yes. You need to create a character (and have a battle) on any sevrver you might want to play on in future where you don't want to start from scratch

PvP1 -> PvP EU
PvP2 > PvP Global
PvE > PvE

On each server where you have a character you will get:

• an xp redeemable matching your xp last time you logged on that server
  • a craft-xp redeemable (you don't get this on Testbed) matching your xp the last time you logged on that server
  • four ships. These will probably be independant of xp, and will probably also be redeemables

But no gold (at the moment).

24 minutes ago, Remus said:

Yes. You need to create a character (and have a battle) on any sevrver you might want to play on in future where you don't want to start from scratch

PvP1 -> PvP EU
PvP2 > PvP Global
PvE > PvE

On each server where you have a character you will get:

• an xp redeemable matching your xp last time you logged on that server
  • a craft-xp redeemable (you don't get this on Testbed) matching your xp the last time you logged on that server
  • four ships. These will probably be independant of xp, and will probably also be redeemables

But no gold (at the moment).

Sorry for joining this discussion a bit late. I wanted some clarification regarding the redeemables/XP...etc.

I've been playing on the PvE server only, so I only have one character so far. Since the PvE sever remains the same and I'm not planing on creating characters on PvP EU or PvP Global, just staying with PvE, do I still have to go through the steps outlined by the Admin in the initial post to keep my rank/XP?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, AngryPanCake said:

Sorry for joining this discussion a bit late. I wanted some clarification regarding the redeemables/XP...etc.

I've been playing on the PvE server only, so I only have one character so far. Since the PvE sever remains the same and I'm not planing on creating characters on PvP EU or PvP Global, just staying with PvE, do I still have to go through the steps outlined by the Admin in the initial post to keep my rank/XP?

Thank you.

You don't need to do anything if you want to continue playing only on PvE, unless you want to change nations in which case it is a little simpler to do it before the wipe.

If you think you might want to play on a PvP server after the wipe and you don't want to start froim scratch, create a new character on one (or both) before the wipe.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 9:40 AM, Hethwill said:

Call me crazy but I would reset all :) including XP and Level. What do you think ? It would be the same for everyone and provide a true clean new test phase.

You know something mate, that's a great point.  It would allow for a clean restart with the upcoming wipe/patch.  I would not mind starting over from scratch if it would benefit the testing and Naval Action as a whole, However I can only speak for myself and not my fellow Captians.  A full wipe/reset would be beneficial in the long run but I fear the Devs would have a Mutiny on their hands?

For clarities sake, could you please post an authoritive post on, which servers get merged with which, which accounts you need to make sure are active etc on which server if you intend to be PvE, PvEurope and PvGlobal players.

Could you also please let us know what 'windows' for conquest will be available on PvPEuro and PvPGlobal (the correct answer here is none other than reset btw).

• Like 1

Let's say I create a character after wipe and I join Great Britain. I will then see redeemable rank. If I do not use the redeemables, delete the character and create a new character, will the redeemables still be there?

In other words, are redeemables server-tied or character-tied as long as they have not been used?

4 minutes ago, LordMustang said:

Let's say I create a character after wipe and I join Great Britain. I will then see redeemable rank. If I do not use the redeemables, delete the character and create a new character, will the redeemables still be there?

In other words, are redeemables server-tied or character-tied as long as they have not been used?

I'm not a admin or a dev but if I understood it right you can only use you redeems one time on each Server you are active.

short answer: server tied

Edited by Karpfanger

1 minute ago, Karpfanger said:

I'm not a admin or a dev but if I understood it right you can only use you redeems one time on each Server you are active.

answer server tied but only one time to use  ...

Everybody is so confused here. I personally think I got is right in a nutshell:

Decide which server you want to play. Your redeemable will be right there, but don't touch them. If you are not happy with that server, go somewhere else, and they will still be there. If you are not happy with your nation, delete your character and start a new on. Your redeemables will still be there. Don't touch them, and they will be everywhere you go.

Redeem them, and they will be gone on all other servers you went, and you will not get them back.

11 minutes ago, LordMustang said:

"Do not Redeem until you are sure of the nation you want to play".

One thing everyone is missing. Right now all characters share the same Rank XP and Crafting XP. So if you log in in all servers and do a battle you will have redeemables in all servers after the wipe.

• Like 2

Just now, Hethwill said:

"Do not Redeem until you are sure of the nation you want to play".

One thing everyone is missing. Right now all characters share the same Rank XP and Crafting XP. So if you log in in all servers and do a battle you will have redeemables in all servers after the wipe.

Yes, but if I delete a character after the wipe without applying the redeemables, am I able to create a new character and apply the redeemables on that one?

For the record, I would like to state this is one of the most disruptive plans I've seen to date. Anyone not active in game or on the forum is going to lose everything, including rank levels and post even more bad revues on their way out the door. Syncing through a master server just isn't that complicated.

• Like 2

I'd take two accounts. We are testing afterall all. Let us pick two of the four servers.

Pvp global (anything goes)

Pvp European (restrictions apply)

Pve server (basically eu server)

Test server (test future updates)

On launch restrict to one account on one server..  Easy I think!! 

4 hours ago, Challenge said:

Not really easy. I want to test new things, maybe. So do I give up my Global or PvE character?

I use to travel alot for work and I would play on games other servers.  Like WoT I had a SEA and EU account for when I was working in Africa/Spain/Ireland I would use the EU server. While I was in AU, India, Singapore I used the SEA server.   That and it helps keep from destroying your stats by playing on very bad pings.  All the while my main play was on the US server.

I plan to have chars on all three servers (not counting the testbed) even though I plan to play only the global.  Cause you never know what is going on and where your going to be.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 2

OK. 

1. Why don't you all just create characters on all servers whether you play on them not.

2. Try the servers after wipe, see who is there, how it plays and balances.

3.  Redeem your xp if your happy.

4. Live with it and continue to test the game in a positive light with constructive criticism.

It's really not difficult and I don't know how many times or ways the devs have to explain it.

Edited by Honourable Bluetooth
  • Like 4