Game-Labs Forum

Preliminary announcement about the wipe and recommended player actions.

On 3/31/2017 at 9:40 AM, Hethwill said:

Call me crazy but I would reset all :) including XP and Level. What do you think ? It would be the same for everyone and provide a true clean new test phase.

Ya, but aren't you one of the developers on the game?  And if so wouldn't that mean you could have an agenda behind your suggestions?

I know myself it's always easier to convince stakeholders to change the spec than for me to have to change the code ya?

I just find this to be an irksome suggestion as it trivializes the time people have invested into the game already.  Especially those of us that feel the grind/game is already time commitment heavy (and especially if you've got a job and can't sink endless hours into game all the time :( )

Edited by blakdog

1 hour ago, Loco Bandito said:

When is the nuke being dropped?

At this time and until further notice it should be about the 19th/20th of April (this month) so I would get on line and get things sorted before than.  That and you need to pop in more any way we miss you.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SirDanger said:

Hmmm, bad decision to take place the Patch after the Easter Ddays.. most player will have enough time at these days.. and will play a lot.. but what happened.. patch is later.. bad choice...

Not everybody round the world are on holidays at the same time as you...

Besides, patch will be implemented when it is ready. That's the best timing :).

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, SirDanger said:

Hmmm, bad decision to take place the Patch after the Easter Ddays.. most player will have enough time at these days.. and will play a lot.. but what happened.. patch is later.. bad choice...

Easter is Sunday the 16 right?  Think both eastern and western fall on the same day this year.   So what does that have to do with a patch that is planed to drop on the 19&20th which is Wed and Thursday?   For the majority of the world we would be back at work and our normal life that week.

I'll add Jewish Passover is the 11 of April so that is before hand too though about when we should be expecting the patch on testbed unless we get it sooner than the by the 10th promise.

1 hour ago, SirDanger said:

The date of Easter was the first thing I looked at when the timing was announced.

Of course it would be lovely to get the wipe just before Easter and we all spend the long weekend enjoying this revitalised game. However, I have played online games enough to know that patches often don't go well. Patches on a Friday often leave servers down all weekend and patches just before a holiday are worse.

From staff posts, it seems April 20th may be a little optimistic in any case, but at least by announcing it as being after Easter we won't be planning on marathon gaming sessions over the Easter break and end up being disappointed. The timing is good, in my view.

51 minutes ago, Seaside said:

Sorry to be dense . I have 3 redeemable ships on PVE. (Haven't redeemed because my rank isn't high enough to use them).

Should I redeem them before the wipe ?

I get the what to do to keep XP on all servers.

Your call, but after wipe they are gone so why not?

On 31/03/2017 at 6:20 PM, admin said:

XP Synchronization will be removed from the game in the next patch that will come with the asset wipe.

Does it  mean that from then on, XP won't synchronise anymore, meaning that when you grind XP on one server, it won't increase your XP on another server ? That wouldn't favour switching from PvE server to PvP servers which seem to me important for both players of the PvP servers and PvE server.

(sry if it's already been answered)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LeBoiteux said:

Does it  mean that from then on, XP won't synchronise anymore, meaning that when you grind XP on one server, it won't increase your XP on another server ? That wouldn't favour switching from PvE server to PvP servers which seem to me important for both players of the PvP servers and PvE server.

(sry if it's already been answered)

-------

On 2017-03-31 at 9:27 PM, admin said:

After wipe we will provide redeemables that will give you XP and Crafting XP equal to the XP and Crafting XP that you had on that server. 

For example - what you have now. 

1. PVP EU - Rear admiral (sync xp)
  2. PVP USA - Rear admiral (sync xp)
  3. PVE - no character 

When you login to each of those servers you will see the following

1. PVP EU - you will have rank 0 AND have redeemable that can get you to rear admiral on this server
  2. PVP Global - you will have rank 0 AND have redeemable that can get you to rear admiral on this server
  3. PVE - you will have NO redeemables

To transfer XP from one server to another before the wipe - you just need to login to the server you want to have your rank synchronized - but it is only possible before the wipe. 

XP Synchronization going forward. 

Free and safe XP synchronization between servers and accounts was introduced as a temporary measure during early access because we knew servers might get rebalanced, moved merged and transferred. (it caused a lot of problems internally but it was necessary during the uncertainty stage). Now we know the final composition of servers which will not change for a very long time. Thus choosing a server and nation becomes and important just like it happens in most MMO's including WOW. 

But even WOW allows character transfer. We plan to add an opportunity to transfer character between servers or between nations in the future. We got you covered here.

But for now - after the wipe synchronization will no longer exist. 
Deleting a character - deletes the character and everything associated with that character including XP and Crafting XP. 

hope this explains it. 

• Like 1

Question to DEVS.

With this can't change nation announcement, rebalance of nations via nation change, will effectively end.

I often switched to a smaller nation to take part in pvp to help balance the game from the games superpowers from time to time. 

Will this change damage balancing in game....who will want to be tied forever to a small nation with few resources, no port battle ability etc?

I fear the diversity of in game nations will suffer.

I note that this may be temporary but what is temporary? 3 months....6 or a year?

Excited for the game again and forward to patch day. ?

1 hour ago, Honourable Bluetooth said:

Question to DEVS.

With this can't change nation announcement, rebalance of nations via nation change, will effectively end.

There will be an item that players will be able to buy on Steam allowing Nation transfer within the same server. We just cannot say the specific date when it will appear - but definitely before or ON release of the game on steam.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, admin said:

There will be an item that players will be able to buy on Steam allowing Nation transfer within the same server. We just cannot say the specific date when it will appear - but definitely before or ON release of the game on steam.

Finally some plans how to fund the game in the future as well.

btw.  We are going to have another wipe, right?  At launch?  We are going to keep our XP/Crafting XP when that happens?  What if I start playing now under nation A and I change to nation B.  I lose my XP, and wont have full XP at launch?

Another thing.  Moving from high population nation to low population one, this probably could improve the game a bit.  For example if GB has 35% from server population, you can move from GB to SVE/D&N/ES (Or well, which ever are low population nation that time in game).  Not sure if people are going to be interested to pay just to improve the balance.  I would take this in consideration.

9 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

btw.  We are going to have another wipe, right?  At launch?  We are going to keep our XP/Crafting XP when that happens?  What if I start playing now under nation A and I change to nation B.  I lose my XP, and wont have full XP at launch?

Another asset wipe will be applied on launch. 
XP/Crafting XP is safe. 

Nation transfer item will be in game by then. If you are unsatisfied with your nation you can transfer keeping the character levels. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, admin said:

XP/Crafting XP is safe. 

Nation transfer item will be in game by then. If you are unsatisfied with your nation you can transfer keeping the character levels. 

Fisrt wipe will be on end of april, so can we hope an ETA for the release 1 or 2 month after?

Just to have an idea and of course not contractual

23 minutes ago, admin said:

XP/Crafting XP is safe. 

I mean if I now play for nation A, and decide to change my nation to B while testing.  I have to start from beginning.  Before final launch I am not able to get max rank again.  What happens at final launch?  Will I get max rank for that, even if I do not have max rank any more after this testing period?  Or do I have to take care that I have max rank after this testing period to have it at launch as well?

17 hours ago, LeBoiteux said:

Well an exception would be understandable for PvE <> PvP as these are two different type of gameplay and devs encourage pvp.  :)

However character transfer is envisaged in the future...

LOl yea right

1 hour ago, Morales said:

Fisrt wipe will be on end of april, so can we hope an ETA for the release 1 or 2 month after?

Just to have an idea and of course not contractual

ETA on release will depend on 2 things
localization scope
user interface scope
we cannot estimate the amount of work on these sets of tasks reliably  - somewhere between 2 to 6 months. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, admin said:

localization scope
user interface scope
we cannot estimate the amount of work on these sets of tasks reliably  - somewhere between 2 to 6 months. 

6 months??? 

EDIT: Arh srry it was for the release :) I read it as for the wipe...

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, admin said:

localization scope
user interface scope

Maybe you can ask the community to translate the game in all the languages, I'm sure many people will be glad to help you, the goal is to save time and money.

You, the devs, will be delighted of this work, and we, the players, will have the game earlier and it'll be better. 

(I can help to translate in French)

Edited by Major General La Fayette
  • Like 3