Game-Labs Forum

Preliminary announcement about the wipe and recommended player actions.

Just now, Remus said:

Not so, according to your earlier announcement. Currently PvP1 is the main server. It looks very much like PvP-Global will be the place to be after the wipe (unless you're French, for some reason). Former players on PvP1 who never bothered setting up a char on PvP2 or only did so when they were a midshipman won't get a Rear Admiral redeeemable on PvP-Global.

There is an alternative of course

We can wipe everything now including XP
AND just provide rear admiral rank to everyone who played during EA solving all potential redeemables and late comer problems.
Active players are max rank anyway. And we doubt retired players will come back and doubt they will be unhappy with rear admiral rank. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Serk said:

Hi,

Does this mean we'll have 1 redeemable for rank xp and another for craft xp on each server, or that we'll have 2 chances to create a caracter and keep all of our xp?

Cheers,

you will have 1 xp and 1 craft xp redeemable on each server.

7 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Call me crazy but I would reset all :) including XP and Level. What do you think ? It would be the same for everyone and provide a true clean new test phase.

I may not even redeem anything but save it and try to start fresh :)

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Serk said:

Hi,

Does this mean we'll have 1 redeemable for rank xp and another for craft xp on each server, or that we'll have 2 chances to create a caracter and keep all of our xp?

Cheers,

2 redeemables per character. Redeemables will sit on your account. This means you can create/delete characters on any nation and when happy with the nation use redeem to restore your rank and craft lvl. Once it's redeemed it's gone. 

Edited by Ned Loe

24 minutes ago, admin said:

AND just provide rear admiral rank to everyone who played during EA solving all potential redeemables and late comer problems.
Active players are max rank anyway. And we doubt retired players will come back and doubt they will be unhappy with rear admiral rank. 

Do this instead. This will save you so many troubles and will make players who return happy. Make an announcement and grant this as reward for early testers. This means all testers will get a rank booster + 1 rare ship. Introduce PvP rank on the top of basic rank system for those who continue to enjoy LvLing using pvp. Use gold/red color for PvP rank and Dark Blue for Basic ranks. 

People who return will open the redeemable clicky, Rank up and hop in their new rare ship and shall be ready to create action in no time. 

Edited by Ned Loe
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

It would be the same for everyone and provide a true clean new test phase

Except updates are so few and far between, that most will be near max rank again by the time the first or second update comes. So what exactly would you be testing, people's patience?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Which is what we're trying to prevent.... more info would be nice 

How? to tell people: Please don`t join GB - they got too many captains? Good luck with this - seems like not easy task.  

I like second idea of wipe: 

"We can wipe everything now including XP
Active players are max rank anyway. And we doubt retired players will come back and doubt they will be unhappy with rear admiral rank"

Edited by Bart Smith

2 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Offtopic about alliances and wipe - what if all decide join same nation? LOL

Admin can you inform players about this important info via their steam accounts?

Alliances will be switched off until further notice.
If they come back they will come back only for underpopulated nations based on their online numbers. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, admin said:

If they come back they will come back only for underpopulated nations based on their online numbers. 

This sounds promising - big, populated nations should be fully self-sufficent in matter of resources, population and sea power. Smaller nation - that different story they may need alliances like oxygen.

Edited by Bart Smith
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

How? to tell people: Please don`t join GB - they got too many captains? Good luck with this - seems like not easy task.  

I like second idea of wipe: 

"We can wipe everything now including XP
Active players are max rank anyway. And we doubt retired players will come back and doubt they will be unhappy with rear admiral rank"

thats why this announcement is PRELIMINARY
we want to see if the community can help find the better option. 

As usual good thoughts come last - maybe full wipe now and present for all EA suffering in term of max rank solves all problems with redeemables and other crap associated with them + allows to retest new player experience. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, admin said:

Doesn't worry me; I'm Master & Commander and 25 craft; and I'm currently logged onto testbed looking at econ with 0 craft xp since you only provided a combat xp redeemable (I can live with that). But you have stated many times, 'No xp wipe', so it's probably not a good idea to change your mind now.

14 minutes ago, admin said:

That is a solid alternative for two reasons, in my view.

One, it provides another clean slate from where to kickstart all the changes planned for this year ( looking to the previous 2017 development plan ) and truly adjust without any legacies that might compromise some results.

Second, on release the rewards mounting up, with rank and ships to the EA crowd.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Remus said:

Not so, according to your earlier announcement. Currently PvP1 is the main server. It looks very much like PvP-Global will be the place to be after the wipe (unless you're French, for some reason). Former players on PvP1 who never bothered setting up a char on PvP2 or only did so when they were a midshipman won't get a Rear Admiral redeeemable on PvP-Global.

Devs brought up in another post maybe giving a one time redeemable of rank up to those players that return in a redeemable time.  

10 minutes ago, Wraith said:

But seriously, why not just give everyone a redeemable on all three servers that equals their max xp/rank on any of the servers?  Why impose this silly workflow when all it takes is a simple database update?

They are doing that, but you have to have a char on that server for it to sync or it won't work.  

9 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

I may not even redeem anything but save it and try to start fresh :)

Yah might do this for a bit with one char.

I'm against giving every one RA rank up that isn't of that rank yet.  Your just asking for a mess of trouble having a ton of folks maxed out that have never leveled up suddenly including alts folks used nothing other than craft. I know one guy that is crafting level 50 but his alt never fired a shot and only has like or or two ranks just from doing trade runs only.  Yah he would love the rank up, but he didn't play the char to earn it.  I think doing the two redeemable is best way.   I'm going to add if you haven't played in a long time and you haven't made a char on any of the servers than I'm sorry you haven't been supporting the game and you shouldn't get an auto level up for being AFK for who knows how long.   We need to stop rewarding the folks that leave the game and AFK and support those that stick it out and keep testing/playing the game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, admin said:

How about an Underdog feature for the weakest nation who lost the Map? If Nation came in last during previous map then they will have the ability to make alliances for the length of the next map period. 

Edited by Ned Loe

Just now, Remus said:

Doesn't worry me; I'm Master & Commander and 25 craft; and I'm currently logged onto testbed looking at econ with 0 craft xp since you only provided a combat xp redeemable (I can live with that). But you have stated many times, 'No xp wipe', so it's probably not a good idea to change your mind now.

No XP wipe means XP is safe and will be provided on release in that case. You won't lose it and might get even more. 
We are not changing the mind about it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, admin said:

thats why this announcement is PRELIMINARY
we want to see if the community can help find the better option. 

As usual good thoughts come last - maybe full wipe now and present for all EA suffering in term of max rank solves all problems with redeemables and other crap associated with them + allows to retest new player experience. 

Okay, here's a couple of suggestions.

1. For server wipe, retain current system of XP synchronisation across all servers. If this is not possible then run a query to get the highest xp for each account off all three servers and give redeemables for this value on all servers after wipe.
  2. For a period of time after wipe - say 1 month - keep xp synchronisation up and running so players can change nations even after using thier redeemables while they settle down to the new changes (whatever these may be)

If you really do need to stop players from keeping xp when nation changing:

1. Separate this from server wipe
  2. Provide a reasoned argument to get player support
  3. Give a couple of weeks notification so players make sure they end up where they want to be.

1 minute ago, admin said:

a month

so, we have until today to log in and sink a ship, today is one month till the end of april, when you said the wipes last date will happen. or if so, its only 2 weeks till april 19-20, which means we have 2 weeks and not a month to sink and keep our xp and craft level? im confused

4 minutes ago, Remus said:

1. For a period of time after wipe - say 1 month - keep xp synchronisation up and running so players can change nations even after using thier redeemables while they settle down to the new changes (whatever these may be)

We can't keep XP sync due to the way battle rewards work now. We properly count all kills and assists now and admiralty awards you those even if you exited the battle and ship was killed after you left + many other similar issues. Sync xp was ruining those things. 
XP Sync is not coming back and won't be kept if we want live server patched.

• Like 3