Game-Labs Forum

Preliminary announcement about the wipe and recommended player actions.

Captains 

This is a very important announcement and must not be ignored. 

XP Synchronization will be removed from the game in the next patch that will come with the asset wipe.
Due to these changes we recommend the following flow of action.

Checklist

1. Login to all servers you were not active and check your rank.
    1. If your rank is good enough for you you don't have to do anything. 
    2. If your rank is for some reason lower than on your main server go on and sink one ship (which ship does not matter). This will update your character XP to your current max level on the servers you were not active.
    3. You don't have to do it on the main server.
    4. repeat procedure for all servers that are not your main server. 
  2. Notify your friends who are not playing, but plan to return to game to do the same.
  3. Wait for wipe
  4. During the wipe day, your current XP and Crafting XP will be provided on all three servers as a redeemable (usable item)
    1. Each server will have 2 separate redeemables: one craft XP and one Battle XP (6 in total if you have characters on each server)
    2. Deletion or creation of new characters does not remove redeemables UNTIL you use them
  5. If you are not sure about your nation choice or the future - DO NOT USE THE XP REDEEMABLES until you are absolutely sure about your nation choice. 
  6. Use of redeemables is FINAL and cannot be reversed
  7. DO NOT USE THE XP REDEEMABLES until you are absolutely sure about your nation choice
  8. You can keep the XP redeemables for as long as you want. 

• Like 14

Thank you.

There are a couple of key questions that people are waiting on answers before they decide which nation they will play after the wipe

Alliances - will they go away totally, or just be constrained to avoid 60%+ of players in one alliance? 

Map - what will the map look like after the wipe?

• Like 1

Guest sruPL

Why do we have to update our xp by sinking 1 ship? I am sure majority won't do it LOL What are the effects of not doing it?

Edited by sruPL

What is the reason for removing the synchronization? Also, what about our friends who have a break from the game and who we cannot contact? If they loose their current rank because they didn't log into the game before the wipe, they might not come back, ever.

EDIT: It's still March 31st right?

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 7

I'm sure there is a reason it's being done this way, but there are going to be a whole lot of very angry people who miss all this, and are going to rage VERY hard when they come back to find their promised rank is gone.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chustler said:

I'm sure there is a reason it's being done this way, but there are going to be a whole lot of very angry people who miss all this, and are going to rage VERY hard when they come back to find their promised rank is gone.

this can only happen if they login use the redeem and then delete the player.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sruPL said:

Why do we have to update our xp by sinking 1 ship? I am sure majority won't do it LOL What are the effects of not doing it?

Everything should be fine.. but we would recommend to sink any ship to be sure.

• Like 3

Just now, admin said:

Uhh.. The very first point of your announcement clearly states you need to sink a ship to have the XP synced. Many won't do that and will rage at you afterwards.

• Like 3

I cannot help feeling this is the wrong time for this.

We know you can synchronise XP across servers, becasue you do that already.

Quite possibly you need to disable this for gameplay / RvR purposes in the future (though I haven't seen a good rationale for this in recent announcements),.

But to do so now, when many other changes are taking place, as part of a server wipe / PvP-Global server 'creation' which has been generally well received, made the forums here sound hopeful rather than dejected and can reasonably be expected to bring some old players back to the game, doesn't make any sense to me.

Gosh! the players are sounding too cheerful. Let's see what we can do to piss them off again.

• Like 3

I have seen anywere that your XP will be wiped...Just that current XP will not transfer to other servers unless you update the server by sinking a ship.  People need to read and stop jumping to conclusions like lemmings

Edited by Chetamista Noud
Spelling...I'm bad
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Impie said:

Uhh.. The very first point of your announcement clearly states you need to sink a ship to have the XP synced. Many won't do that and will rage at you afterwards.

Call me crazy but I would reset all :) including XP and Level. What do you think ? It would be the same for everyone and provide a true clean new test phase.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, admin said:

Everything should be fine.. but we would recommend to sink any ship to be sure.

Well if it doesnt require the people to log in and sink one, it should be fine then, but that is not what the notification says.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, admin said:

Not so, according to your earlier announcement. Currently PvP1 is the main server. It looks very much like PvP-Global will be the place to be after the wipe (unless you're French, for some reason). Former players on PvP1 who never bothered setting up a char on PvP2 or only did so when they were a midshipman won't get a Rear Admiral redeeemable on PvP-Global.

3 minutes ago, Impie said:

updated the post

you only need to sink a ship on other servers you were not active on (not you main server).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

Call me crazy but I would reset all :) including XP and Level.

The general point of having XP is so that new players follow some sort of learning curve by upgrading ships gradually. Requiring every veteran to grind experience for weeks just to get back into a decently sized ship is ludicrous. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, admin said:

1. During the wipe day, your current XP and Crafting XP will be provided on all three servers as a redeemable (usable item)
    1. Each server will have 2 separate redeemables (6 in total if you have characters on each server)
    2. Deletion or creation of new characters does not remove redeemables UNTIL you use them. 

Hi,

Does this mean we'll have 1 redeemable for rank xp and another for craft xp on each server, or that we'll have 2 chances to create a character and redeem all of our xp?

Cheers,

Edited by Serk

4 minutes ago, admin said:

updated the post

you only need to sink a ship on other servers you were not active on (not you main server).

That's not a good thing when you're about to split the player base. This way you'll screw one of the groups over; either the PvP1 players going to Global, or PvP1 going to EU.

Edited by Impie