Game-Labs Forum

Next update?

Nox165

On 3/30/2017 at 6:43 PM, CSX4451 said:

Take your time.....I'm still getting arse handing to me in the Historical Antietam playing the CSA  !!!!!  : )

Darn straight.

Yeah, this game is simply the most fantastic game I've ever played. Period. At this point, even if development stopped tomorrow, I'd still have gotten twice or thrice my money's worth. And if they want to take their time to really put quality into their work, I certainly won't complain. 

• Like 1

Ok, so it looks like the campaign version IS now being tested from the screenshots earlier in the feed. So what's a likely timeline of release for the next update at this point? And a further question: what's the likelihood that the de de a might retroactively add a Chattanooga, Vicksburg, Atlanta, etc. to the campaign? Feels like the western theater is a little short on battles. 

13 minutes ago, Jgraves14 said:

Ok, so it looks like the campaign version IS now being tested from the screenshots earlier in the feed. So what's a likely timeline of release for the next update at this point? And a further question: what's the likelihood that the de de a might retroactively add a Chattanooga, Vicksburg, Atlanta, etc. to the campaign? Feels like the western theater is a little short on battles. 

The next battle after Cold Harbor is Washington and Richmond, depending on your faction.  I assume that's due to a lack of time, since there won't be anything from 1865.

I do believe once they finish the Battles of Washington and Richmond, they'll go into fixing the assortment of bugs and exploits in the game.  After that, they'll probably add in all the battles they missed along the way.

8 minutes ago, A. P. Hill said:

So we're going to jump right over the Siege of Petersburg?  Or the race to Appomattox?  Both those went into 1865.

At least according to the Steam page - it goes right from Cold Harbor to Washington and Richmond.

Then again, no one ever expected to get the Battle of the Wilderness (the "Minor Battle" before Cold Harbor, named "Brock Road") or the Battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse (the other "Minor Battle" before Cold Harbor, named "Mule Shoe").  Yet here both battles are - and they're hardly minor battles, both allowing the player to deploy more or less two full Corps each.  I wouldn't be surprised if Petersburg or Appomattox were Minor Battles before Washington and Richmond.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Soldier said:

They don't nessesarily need servers.  But whether or not it's work adding after seeing how few people did MP in UG:G (regardless of how bad X says the ui was, if you wanted to play MP, you'd have manned through it).

To be honest I'm glad this game is SP or has a good play of it being so.  I'm so sick of games that are made only to be MP and online.  I travel for work a lot and many times bad internet and just want to chill and play a game.   Hell most of the RPG's all are online based now or you can't play the content.  This game was nice as something I can play a few fights and put it down and than come back later. I have gone through both sides each time a new patch comes out and each time the fights and runs up to the last battle have been a different experience.  I'm willing to wait for a good update on a game like this so doesn't bother me it takes a bit longer than normal.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, The Soldier said:

They don't nessesarily need servers.  But whether or not it's work adding after seeing how few people did MP in UG:G (regardless of how bad X says the ui was, if you wanted to play MP, you'd have manned through it).

only reason I even touched the mp in ug:g was to play the maps against the ai >___>

18 hours ago, The Soldier said:

At least according to the Steam page - it goes right from Cold Harbor to Washington and Richmond.

Then again, no one ever expected to get the Battle of the Wilderness (the "Minor Battle" before Cold Harbor, named "Brock Road") or the Battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse (the other "Minor Battle" before Cold Harbor, named "Mule Shoe").  Yet here both battles are - and they're hardly minor battles, both allowing the player to deploy more or less two full Corps each.  I wouldn't be surprised if Petersburg or Appomattox were Minor Battles before Washington and Richmond.

Okay, so I don't visit the steam page.  I guess that shows a bit of my ignorance, maybe not.   Maybe it does show a bit of my age however, as I don't live on Steam either. ;)

Copied from the steam forum

Originally posted by DARTIS:
Hello,

Next campaign phase will include "Battle of Cold Harbor" and several smaller battles.
ETA: Next Week.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention that we addressed/fixed/improved several issues the community has reported, regarding AI, charging and other.

• Like 4