Game-Labs Forum

so I started learning to oil paint 3 months ago...

CatSwift

On 01.05.2017 at 4:54 AM, CatSwift said:

almost filled up my attachments quota, so the end of sharing my paintings here is in sight :(

to overcome the quota please use imgur.com

create your account there and just add BB Forum links (instead of uploading them to the forum directly)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Looks powerful.

Let me link you an article (in spanish, hope google translator could do the trick) showing how Carlos Parrilla Penagos did one of his paintings.

https://www.todoababor.es/pinturas/carlos-parrilla-elab.htm

Maybe something could be useful for you.

thx, google translate did a good enough job.  i have the same general approach, but the key bit in there is that he paint with acrylics while i'm doing wet-on-wet oils. still there were some interesting bits I'll try to incorporate in my techniques.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

cay4HcW.jpg

"Africa, the flagship, was dismasted and badly damaged that she retreated into a small bay 25 miles East of Havana to make repairs. Knowles with a lead part of his squadron Cornwall and Strafford headed Eastward on October 14 and soon discovered her and opened fire. The stranded crew cut Africa's cables set her on fire and ran on her on shore; an hour later further helped by British cannon fire she blew up."

Battle of Havana, 1748

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...