Game-Labs Forum

Important news: First full asset wipe & Exclusive early access frigate.

2 minutes ago, wafflez1g said:

Opening of servers 19th-20th April - this right here is way too early tbh

Opening as in one the 19th-20th the current servers (PvP1, PvP2 and PvE) will be shut down at maintenance and then when the maintenance comes back up there will be a PvP Global and PvP EU we pick to log into and make our new chars. with current Rank and Crafting level.   This isn't a release of the game it's an update to a new patch we are testing as this game is still in Alpha Stage of development.

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

Opening as in one the 19th-20th the current servers (PvP1, PvP2 and PvE) will be shut down at maintenance and then when the maintenance comes back up there will be a PvP Global and PvP EU we pick to log into and make our new chars. with current Rank and Crafting level.   This isn't a release of the game it's an update to a new patch we are testing as this game is still in Alpha Stage of development.

I hope it is, if it isn't that would mean a certain death for this game.

Edited by wafflez1g

17 minutes ago, Borch said:

I think you are mistaken here.

Nope.  He is correct. Admin has stated MULTIPLE times that XP will not be reset again...  even at full release.

Edit:  just an example....

Edited by Vernon Merrill
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, wafflez1g said:

I hope it is, if it isn't that would mean a certain death for this game.

This is not the release. This is another testing phase.

And no, it doesn't mean certain death of the game. It will certainly survive without your presence captain.

But better would be to overcome the sense of dread and look to a new phase. Lots of changes to come.

• Like 9

Just now, Hethwill said:

This is not the release. This is another testing phase.

And no, it doesn't mean certain death of the game. It will certainly survive without your presence captain.

But better would be to overcome the sense of dread and look to a new phase. Lots of changes to come.

Not to argue but to release the game in it's current state would mean commiting a crime because it's nowhere near finished so no, it wouldn't and also yes I look forward to new patches and didn't say what they are doing is bad, just that releasing it soon (1-2 months) is death.

• Like 1

Just now, Hethwill said:

Aye. Hence why is not being released in 1 -2 months, but is open Early Access so anyone can buy and enter the testing :)

This new wipe is a good opportunity.

Agree, I just get scared everytime they mention release, the game is in a state where even mentioning it makes me twitch.

24 minutes ago, Borch said:

I knew about crafting XP, not about rank XP. If thats true then it doesnt makes much sense for me.

EDIT: OK, lets destroy the newbies with our high ranks.

Not sure how this is a valid argument, as even in later stages newbies will fight along higher ranked players. It's the nature of progression. Even heard of that?

1 minute ago, Sir Richard Bolitho said:

To clarify, we keep Rank and crafting level?

Yes

3 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Crafting level remains. Hence the ability to build ships.

As the entire system is under rework the ships schematics ( BPs ) will be readily available by crafting experience, basically becoming redundant.

Notable exception being the Admiralty ships.

4 hours ago, admin said:

Most importantly - your xp is safe. 

26 minutes ago, Borch said:

I knew about crafting XP, not about rank XP. If thats true then it doesnt makes much sense for me.

Some testers have already gone through 3 XP grinds : Sea trials, introduction of OW, Early Access. Am I forgetting one ? :D

Whatever his rank, a veteran would "destroy the newbies" as it is a matter of skills. XP conservation only gives faster access to bigger ships. Plus, there'll be PvE and newcomers zones. Think of casual testers too.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Borch said:

Wiping XP would be a game breaker and a massacre of the player base. This would really penilse the casual player unfairly.

Devs have promised no XP wipe. That should mean NO.

• Like 2

so as someone asked earler in the thread what about that little red yacht how will that be reworked? or will it be removed and replaced with maybe a little blue yacht? also on the pandora will it also be a ship like the yacht where we can sink it as many times as we want and claim it again once per day or?

Edited by delaine
  • Like 2