Game-Labs Forum

Important news: First full asset wipe & Exclusive early access frigate.

1 minute ago, NielsVisser said:

i think 90% will join its original clan

Sure, but I think like with my clan about 80% of the people not having logged on in weeks/months, only +-3 active officers. Its probably a good idea to undo all clans so all clans are sure to start with active members. On the other hand, some people might rush to "claim" some famous clan names just to screw with those guys. And nobody would ever know who did it.

Might be better to leave it as is then.

2 hours ago, maturin said:

What will the chat moniker for Pandora be? The Pandy? The Pansy?

Decide these important questions as a community now!

Was gonna say let's call it The Pants, but if I got captured that'd be letting you into my pants (or vice versa) and that aint gonna happen.

So my new vote is the Pan.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

I think it's explained at the beginning and it goes with the new system of 1 dura ships an no more module, officers, etc....  But unless you want to see a new conspiracy :D

I do not see any conspiracy, I just think that with washing the facade of a house you do not remove the dirt from the interior.

The wipe will certainly forget the problems about nightflips and server divisions, at least until April 19 and a little longer. But soon the problems will return.

4 minutes ago, Borch said:

Please think about it. If you want to do proper game testing and check especially how 1 dura ship will work, you need to wipe our ranks also. There is no point in keeping exp while you doing full wipe. Please consider.

1 step at once mate, this full asset wipe is good enough for the moment. then before release we can think about a TOTAL wipe (including xp) but not now, we cant test properly if we cant use ships u know

• Like 1

regarding the new exclusive frigate "Panda" i think it would be better to have its untradeable blueprint instead of an infite redimable.

at least we can craft her as we want and we will need to have resources to built. i dont want too see tons of same ship sailing in ow like was when the yatch was released or the niagara or the bucentaure. give us blueprint and we craft as we want ;)

3 hours ago, admin said:
  • Preparation of the server merges and reorganization by 19th of April
  • Opening of servers 19th-20th April

Hello there,

Have we been informed about what will be applied onto the PVP map when server merge or servers opening ?

Will the maps (global Server & EU server) be wiped too ? or will region ownerships will remain unchanged including a mirror mapping for new EU server ?

thx for your comments

Frog

• Like 1

3 hours ago, airwolf666 said:

no point in doing anything with this game till the wipe comes, why waste time trading, or pb, or crafting, whats the use? testing for over a year only to see all we have gotten gone and start from scratch, again. oh well, ill be back in a month to see what if anything has gotten better before i decide to delete this game and go look for something else to waste my time on! while some will like the complete wipe, there will be many more who will not and hence we will see, once again, players dropping away. add this to the combined server and seperate serves, i do not see this game ever going to full release. at least i only wasted $40 cash. wonder how world of warships is doing, guess ill be checking back in there again!

If you don't like the prospect of wipes to test changes in development why sign up for EA?

• Like 1

I like this, except it's too early for release - you won't attract players in the game's current stage on the "testbed" server

EDIT: I know that it will be changed, but there is a lot of content missing to be attractive for other players not just hardcore ones.

Edited by wafflez1g

20 minutes ago, Borch said:

There is no 1 step or two steps with a wipe just because its wipe. You need to test early career also. Not straight away first rates.

After the last xp wipe the devs promised no more xp wipes even at release. It is a lot of grinding for the more casual players.

It is enough to have to sail smaller ships while building up funds and materials to craft the larger ships. Besides some people like sailing in the smaller ships.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, wafflez1g said:

I like this, except it's too early for release - you won't attract players in the game's current stage on the "testbed" server

EDIT: I know that it will be changed, but there is a lot of content missing to be attractive for other players not just hardcore ones.

This is not a release, this is them doing a wipe so we can test things with a clean slate. Many folks are sitting on millions if not billions of gold and so much mats they have every can pump out first rates for weeks and not run out.  That doesn't allow us to test crafting and economics properly.  This will allow us to do so.  There will prob be another wipe when the game release later on.  Hell might be more than one if the Devs think they need it.

• Like 2

4 free ships...wonderful...sort of...More like leave them in port and jump in to a basic cutter until you have enough money to replace your crew losses. 4 ships mean nothing if you only have 30 crewmen to work with. So I am not bashing the 4 ships, just bringing to light that people need to build up resources before going gung ho with the 4 ships.

Another question: with the server changes, and given that (as some have observed above) this sounds akin to deleting one's character - will we be retaining our player names/handles?  If we all have to pick a nation afresh, i suspect that we will all need to reset player names.

Edited by TaranisPrime

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

This is not a release, this is them doing a wipe so we can test things with a clean slate. Many folks are sitting on millions if not billions of gold and so much mats they have every can pump out first rates for weeks and not run out.  That doesn't allow us to test crafting and economics properly.  This will allow us to do so.  There will prob be another wipe when the game release later on.  Hell might be more than one if the Devs think they need it.

Opening of servers 19th-20th April - this right here is way too early tbh

Edited by wafflez1g

Just now, Raekur said:

So my question is...will crafting xp be wiped out as well since there was mention of reworking the crafting system?

I think the BP's and means to craft are changing but we are to keep our rank and crafting level.  So if you crafting level is 45 and your RA that will be the level when the wipe happens.  Now as for BP's that you keep that is up to Devs and they stated they have reworked that system so we will prob have to wait for the testbed to get a clue in a few weeks.  My guess is some BP's like the rare ones will be gone.  If you notice you can get  Pirate frigate in the Admiralty Shop for pirates.  Maybe the nationals get something else in them too.  There prob going to be other ways to get all but the "Special Gift" ships.  They also mentioned the Endy and Indefat will prob be craft-able in the future so that is good news.