Game-Labs Forum

Important news: First full asset wipe & Exclusive early access frigate.

17 minutes ago, Mrdoomed said:

Do we still think its going to go live? I keep up with the news in the hope of a miracle that NA will listen and learn and revert some horrible mistakes it made and go back to a fun game for more people.

Some day.....maybe.   I'm in a couple of EA.  I think this game is more a chance than say DayZ ever going live.  I gave up on that game a long time ago.  You going to pop back in after the patch and grace these new Pirates with what a real pirate should be like?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Some day.....maybe.   I'm in a couple of EA.  I think this game is more a chance than say DayZ ever going live.  I gave up on that game a long time ago.  You going to pop back in after the patch and grace these new Pirates with what a real pirate should be like?

I keep my eyes open and if there ever comes the time when we can play freely without the little babies getting thier pretty pretty princess hands held by devs I would love to come back and play.

As for now if i want to "play" a game where pretty much everything is restricted so nobody loses i will play swtor. At least that theme park has Sith.

1 hour ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Developer on that game said they are tossing the project pretty much. Their focused on another game not even relating to DayZ currently.

I know it updated recently so seems they are still working on it, but your prob talking about "Stationeers" or what ever his new game is going to be.  It was a cool concept but I think they just was to small of a team to get it out and sooner or later others came up with games of the same concept as DayZ but got more content out faster as there is about a half dozen other games like it out now. Though they are a bit crappy from what I seen, but hay I spent like 20 bucks on that game so it wasn't much of a lost if it tanks eventually.  That the way I see most EA games I have bought is that they been cheap enough that even if I got a good bit of hours into them I got my money worth.

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I know it updated recently so seems they are still working on it, but your prob talking about "Stationeers" or what ever his new game is going to be.  It was a cool concept but I think they just was to small of a team to get it out and sooner or later others came up with games of the same concept as DayZ but got more content out faster as there is about a half dozen other games like it out now. Though they are a bit crappy from what I seen, but hay I spent like 20 bucks on that game so it wasn't much of a lost if it tanks eventually.  That the way I see most EA games I have bought is that they been cheap enough that even if I got a good bit of hours into them I got my money worth.

I stopped playing when they removed the arma control settings and forced people to use their own presets. It also was poorly made compared to the dayz mods where it originated.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:22 AM, Mrdoomed said:

The fact that you consider battlefield and assassin creed " military strategy " type games and are upset by words like carebear is why there is no players.

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:18 AM, Captiva said:

I would guess that most of the players of this game are long time Naval Action veterans who have cut their teeth on games such as, 'Arma 3,' 'Battlefield', 'Assassin's Creed' and many military style tactical-strategical games.

Mr. Doomed, please re-read my post. I didn't say that Battlefield and Assassin's Creed were "military strategy type games". I said they were games that many NA players have probably played along with "and many military style tactical-stratigical games". My point being, that most of them are probably not the type of players who need to have their hand held while playing a title such as Naval Action, which is what the term carebear alludes to. 

And I never once said that I get "upset" over the use of the term carebear. I said that I become "suspect " of people who use the term because it is meaningless in this regard; there is no one on this forum who possess the ability to divine the intentions and thoughts behind the suggestions of other forum members. You may disagree with many of them, but that is as far as it goes.

More importantly, even if someone incorrectly considered Battlefield and Assassin's Creed "military strategy" type games (which I didn't), or even if the word carebear "upset" that person (which it doesn't), those would not be the reason's "why there are no players". You're simply wrong about that.

Edited by Captiva

2 hours ago, Ethan.B said:

will we have to re-form clans after the wipe? or will they be kept?

Clans are tied to the leader so if every thing is wiped so is the clan stuff.  You will have to form a new clan when you get back on your respective servers.   This is a good way to clean house for some clans any way.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Enrique el Navegante said:

Dear Admins

Are the map status and our outposts been wipped too?

Tks

Every thing will be wiped...

9 minutes ago, darkjoker said:

Will the clans remain or will be deleted after the wipe?

Clans are tied to the clan creator so if every thing gets wiped than yes they will be gone and new clans will have to be created.

10 hours ago, Jesters-Ink said:

Funny about the mats, I'm sure those who play a lot will gather them back with ease.

True specially with a well organized clan but I don't think to the level some of us have them at now cause of old broken systems that where in the past.   I started to just sale stuff to free up dock space and so it won't look so bad the night before the wipe.  Maybe it will help some guys do there last minute crafting cause they can find the mats I'm dropping for cheap in the ports shops.

On 6.4.2017 at 0:50 AM, Lobo Marino said:

I do not care xp, I want my gold, you mean I lost a year of my time

If you lost a year, you seem to have had no fun?

You knew that it is EARLY ACCESS, that any changes - minor or major - might have to be made.

• Like 5

Going backwards.  I am quite surprised to see less content for ship building.   I still personally think the developers got it right when they introduced fine woods but instead listened to whiners and dropped it.   I was accumulating fine woods so much that when they reversed this, I was almost a billionaire.  Then it became completely absurd as everyone could build a 1st rate in 2 days as apposed to weeks with fine woods.  Sure ..Compass woods does slow things down.

Combat mechanics , I think are good enough to release.   We all like the upgrades.  But now the developers want to scratch that and start new.  Strange way to develop a game. 

I really want this game to succeed.  I personally think this game has huge potential but it seems the devs are just rewriting everything to a point of madness.   It makes me sad.  Such hope.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EL LOCO said:

Going backwards.  I am quite surprised to see less content for ship building.   I still personally think the developers got it right when they introduced fine woods but instead listened to whiners and dropped it.   I was accumulating fine woods so much that when they reversed this, I was almost a billionaire.  Then it became completely absurd as everyone could build a 1st rate in 2 days as apposed to weeks with fine woods.  Sure ..Compass woods does slow things down.

Combat mechanics , I think are good enough to release.   We all like the upgrades.  But now the developers want to scratch that and start new.  Strange way to develop a game. 

I really want this game to succeed.  I personally think this game has huge potential but it seems the devs are just rewriting everything to a point of madness.   It makes me sad.  Such hope.

Have to disagree on fine wood and upgrades..

Fine wood was a good idea on paper, but pain in day-to-day gameplay. It basically failed: everyone kept building golden ships, although the productions of SoL's was slowed down indeed. Note that "fine" materials are still present in crafting (e.g., compass wood for build strength, Cu ingots for speed, etc), but their effect is more subtle now. Finally, as far as I understand in the upcoming patch the production of the 1st rates (at least) will be regulated by permissions that can be bought in admiralty shop for some sort of points.

As for upgrades, in current system they are more expensive than ships (no good!). Effect given by upgrades and perks overlap and at times provide unreasonable bonuses. So, some sort of streamlining of upgrades/perks was a long due.

• Like 5

The other issue with the current system in regards to upgrades was the dependency on silver. There are 8 silver mines in the game and, as the pirates displayed on PVP2 with their operation Lone Ranger, controlling all 8 could disable everyone other then pirates from crafting upgrades of any kind above basic. This I think is the one main driving force behind the players wanting the proposed system which eliminates upgrades. The current system makes it way to easy to cripple production. If upgrades were crafting using Notes that could have been crafted using copper, silver, and/or gold then the ability to eliminate production would be nearly impossible. 

Fine woods did not force players to build lower quality ships, it made them avoid combat using a ship that was difficult to replace. It barely slowed down production of gold ships as even non crafters could farm for fine woods and trade them to the crafters for "payment" towards building the ship.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 5:11 AM, Headless Parrot said:

I have a question regarding Nation Switching. I understand that if you want to switch, you need to do it now before the wipe. I understand that if you switch after the wipe, you will lose your rank and have to start over. However, what I don't understand is how I can go ahead and switch to Red Pirates (Outlaws) when they don't exist on the server yet. So, what I want to know is....even though I am already a Pirate, if I choose to switch to Red (Outlaw) Pirate once available, will I lose my rank if it is after the wipe? Or will already being a Pirate allow you to become a Red Pirate without losing my rank?

You've almost got it.

The wipe will give you redeemables for your XP.  After the wipe, so long as you DO NOT use the redeemable, you'll have a 1xp character.  You can create/delete/switch nations, etc. with that character until you're where you want to be, THEN use the redeemable and you have your XP back.

So after wipe, you can delete your character and recreate as a Red Pirate.  Delete him again and recreate as United States, delete again and recreate as whatever nation.  Until you redeem that XP redeemable, there are no consequences to changing because you don't have anything yet to lose.  After you use the redeemable, you'll then lose XP and have to start over if you change nation again.

I'm not 100% sure but I think people are getting things mixed up in regards to the wipe. I would have thought that the devs aren't starting with all new stuff, they would (more than likely imo) incorporate past changes as well as introduce new ones in an effort to get the game balanced. I am all in favour of the wipe its a game in pre release, its what happens in all the games I've ever played.

On 4/9/2017 at 5:22 AM, EL LOCO said:

OMG!! ....I "liked" a post by El Loco. :blink: