Game-Labs Forum

Important news: First full asset wipe & Exclusive early access frigate.

I am GMT sure :) but as I said CET fellows been PvP'ing and Dueling there. They should know better given they might have similar ping to you and apparently one was having a demasting duel against a PvP2 native with great success.

1 hour ago, Hethwill said:

I am GMT sure :) but as I said CET fellows been PvP'ing and Dueling there. They should know better given they might have similar ping to you and apparently one was having a demasting duel against a PvP2 native with great success.

Full broad side vs single shot demasting....sounded like it was getting pretty close to a draw (both being demasted) until one boarded the other. I do the single shot demasting when it's a smaller ship.  Fast way to take down a trader or small tagger.  My biggest problems not solo 1 vs 1 fights with the Ping on PvP1, but it's the spikes and any bigger battles I get into I notice it big time.  I realy don't know what servers they use for both locations, but it's the worse ping I have from any games with servers in those areas.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Primemus said:

7 minutes ago, Primemus said:

Will that also include xp?

From what the devs have consistently said, xp will not be wiped.  New rank thresholds or higher levels may be added though, so you may end up a different rank with the same xp, don't know about this though.

• Like 1

@devs: Will there be any document which catches all the important changes after the wipe? There are a few very good (mostly done by community) documentations of Naval Action out, but they are all long outdated.

• Like 1

@mikawa

Until the wipe all changes can be access in the Testbed patches.

So far http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/19012-testbed-content-patch-998-deployed/ but as posted in the OP there will be a series of patches on the testbed which will make the bulk of the post wipe update so it is our best chance to look to what is being done.

Also jumping on the Testbed server now and then is a very positive thing.

I am absolutely sure that Update notes for the Production servers will be provided.

On top of that Guides made by community will have to be redone ( hence why I stopped my recent series all together until the wipe).

• Like 2

Hi Guys

May have been covered all ready.

The Asset wipe .

Does this include ports and buildings you have ,

as I'm not seeing theses mentioned?

And can you stock pile resources

As 1 post says complete wipe res gold boats ect.

But tuther post says stock pile resources?

Can some body clarify please thanks.

Edited by pristien VanDiesel

5 hours ago, pristien VanDiesel said:

Does this include ports and buildings you have ,

We are assuming that there will be a Map wipe with restart from original region ownership (there gonna be new server too, with TZ prime time)

Regarding buildings, as economy is modified as well as crafting mechanics, they should all be wiped too.

5 hours ago, pristien VanDiesel said:

And can you stock pile resources

All assets means everything (ships, materials, goods, etc...) wiped except XP & craftXP 

• Like 1

This will be the perfect occasion to size the map somewhat down -- less time to sail between a and b would definitely improve the play experience ... is something like that planned?

13 minutes ago, mikawa said:

This will be the perfect occasion to size the map somewhat down -- less time to sail between a and b would definitely improve the play experience ... is something like that planned?

I would say more presence in the OW, less mechanics to take people away from the OW, should be the way forward.

But explain your idea, please :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikawa said:

I vote against this.

We need a bigger world, so we have a lesser chance to get our properties destroyed by invaders and a bigger chance to bring our wares across the ocean for trade.

6 hours ago, Hethwill said:

From Devs:

Wipe includes buildings.

Map is undecided yet, leaning to the "most likely" side.

Ok how the hell do you merge to servers with totally different conquest going on and not wipe the regions and alliances?   I'm kinda confused on this one.  If your going to wipe to test things than just do it all so we can properly set up the nations with new players and new alliances.  I'm also not likening the fact they have not decided on where the server is going to be located.  These are very important things for many of the players that might just stop playing the game all together.  

And we really need them to drop the patch we should by now from the testbed stuff in place.  I'm seeing numbers go down pretty fast as folks think why even play until patch. 

Well I can all ways go play that other EA game that recently came out where your some half naked folk running around in a piece of cloth....lol