Game-Labs Forum

Important news: First full asset wipe & Exclusive early access frigate.

On 4/9/2017 at 7:47 AM, Stilgar said:

Finally, as far as I understand in the upcoming patch the production of the 1st rates (at least) will be regulated by permissions that can be bought in admiralty shop for some sort of points.

Now.. is that Admiralty Permissions to be bought EVERY time we are to build a 1st Rate or a one-time permission slip to build many?

21 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

Now.. is that Admiralty Permissions to be bought EVERY time we are to build a 1st Rate or a one-time permission slip to build many?

Current Testbed Admiralty Shop sort of has both - Blueprints for some ships and Ship Notes for others - but I suspect (and hope) the final patch will have neither. Okay, so I don't mind Admiralty Shop blueprints, but I'd much rather see crafted ships requiring an Admiralty Shop item as one of the ingredients rather than simply selling ship notes. Possibly something like the PotBS Writ that you needed to convert the crafted item into a ship (in NA terms, this would probably mean crafting a ship note rather than a ship, and you needed the Admiralty thingy to use it).

Once only, surely. Nothing else makes the remotest sense to me if rarity is the objective.

29 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

My understanding is "each" time, in order to keep them as an exceptional thing to see, rather than the norm.

1 hour ago, Powderhorn said:

My understanding is "each" time, in order to keep them as an exceptional thing to see, rather than the norm.

OK. 

But I have been seeing people on here posting the "notes" as part of required material for building rare (1st rate) ships. Are these the notes (restricted to that type of wood) that we've been seeing as reward drops in PvP or PBs... or are these purchasable "Admiralty allowances" to be able to build any wood type we crafters wish?

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

1 hour ago, Powderhorn said:

I think that this is an interesting idea, to try to slow generation of SOLs...  What I think would make more sense in the long run is to have a tax based on the number and size of ships a player has.  That would be a better help in controlling the number of ships in circulation.  Before that happens, we certainly should see what the impact of going from more Dura to 1 Dura has.

On 23.3.2017 at 2:50 PM, admin said:

Timeline (timelines are not final)

1. Series of patches will be applied to testbed by the 10th of April (last patch to testbed was applied on 27th Feb)
  2. Asset wipe by 19th of April
  3. Preparation of the server merges and reorganization by 19th of April
  4. Opening of servers 19th-20th April

I think these dates are not current?

Do you know when exactly the patches and the wipe will come?

This is the norm with any sort of development, and should be expected.  Testing & development (or R&D for that matter) can only be defined by general goals and anticipated milestones, not by exact dates.  The trajectory of completion changes during the cycles of develop, test, and discover, repeat.  The developers are hesitant to throw out exact dates because they know this firsthand, and don't want to make promises that can't be kept.  Also they know people just like we're seeing on this forum will unfairly accuse them of breaking their word, every time.  Think about it, should we for example stop cancer research and fire all those involved because they didn't discover a cure on some exact date?  There's a point at which a time investment or delay becomes ridiculous, but we are by no means anywhere near that folks, just be patient.

9 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

This is the norm with any sort of development, and should be expected.  Testing & development (or R&D for that matter) can only be defined by general goals and anticipated milestones, not by exact dates.  The trajectory of completion changes during the cycles of develop, test, and discover, repeat.  The developers are hesitant to throw out exact dates because they know this firsthand, and don't want to make promises that can't be kept.  Also they know people just like we're seeing on this forum will unfairly accuse them of breaking their word, every time.  Think about it, should we for example stop cancer research and fire all those involved because they didn't discover a cure on some exact date?  There's a point at which a time investment or delay becomes ridiculous, but we are by no means anywhere near that folks, just be patient.

I guess my feeling about this is that the admin specifically stated that BY april 19th the servers would be wiped.  I understand that time frames are hard in development.  My possible disappointment is that IF the wipe and restructure doesn't happen by the 19th, we will have just been waiting and waiting longer.  As soon as the wipe was announced the server populations crashed drastically, and aren't gonna come back until after wipe.  I just wish they would have kept it under their hats until they were closer.  I think its already been a month since the announcement.  Not bitching, just hopeful and want to start playing towards something again.

• Like 2

I post this question for a final time. 

1. I have no character and haven't played on the PVPEuro server to date.

2. Do I still have time to create a character and fight one battle on that site?

3. Will I be penalized per the warning regarding losing labor hours in the other 2 sites, if I do create the character on PVPEuro? I AM concerned with what appears to be the STEAM warning that this would happen.

I apparently haven't asked the previous questions clearly. Just wanted to know if I can safely open PVPEuro to make that available for the future.  Thanks ahead of time

4 minutes ago, Lord Reginald said:

I post this question for a final time. 

1. I have no character and haven't played on the PVPEuro server to date.

2. Do I still have time to create a character and fight one battle on that site?

3. Will I be penalized per the warning regarding losing labor hours in the other 2 sites, if I do create the character on PVPEuro? I AM concerned with what appears to be the STEAM warning that this would happen.

I apparently haven't asked the previous questions clearly. Just wanted to know if I can safely open PVPEuro to make that available for the future.  Thanks ahead of time

(Not a Dev, but I'm pretty sure about this info.)

Yes, you have time. The server wipe has not happened yet. You probably have at least a week but why wait?

When you switch play between servers, it resets your accumulated labor hours to zero so it makes sense -- if you're crafting -- to use those hours before logging on to a different server. For example, if you have 900 labor hours accumulated on your main server, use them on your main server for whatever it is you do, then log off, create the new character on PVPEuro. That new character is going to have zero labor hours but will start accumulating them. Do your battle. If you don't want to do anything else on PVPEuro, log off and then log back on to your main server. Your labor hours will again be zero but will start accumulating again as normal.

• Like 1

I have played on the Test Server and things are significantly different to the current servers. What is the point of saying we are 'testing' when the changes wipe out a major part of the system we have 'tested'. I have designed, written, tested and deployed software for 26 years. One needs an approach that converges on a release by small increments to the software as a result of testing, not re-designing the system every six months. What the current approach of the devs indicates is a total lack of original design and design on the fly - it will never work. If the software design was wrong at the start - and it must have been to make such major changes - what makes you think it is right now. More testing, more redesign - you will chase your tails until resources are depleted or the testers leave. It's new game. New rules - who can be bothered to start again.

• Like 2

On 2017-04-25 at 8:20 PM, hiclipucli said:

its, but why dont write this news at first page?

There is no page with all changes coming, there is many and some even gets announced by admin several pages in the topic.

On 2017-04-26 at 3:05 AM, CdrNexoe said:

Might consider updating the message on STEAM about the wipe ......

+1 this

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@admin it's not clear, or at least I can't find the announcement, but will the new server configuration (PVP Global, PVP Euro, PVE) happen with the wipe we expect in a few days?