Game-Labs Forum

Important news: First full asset wipe & Exclusive early access frigate.

3 hours ago, EL LOCO said:

Yeah.  Made me waste valuable time.    This is the most insane development of a game in pre release I have ever been involved with.  This game could have been a top game with the graphics, sound and battle system.   But without players , this game is dead.    I was selling ships to get mats ready for the wipe and now its a full wipe way before release.  INSANE...

Stop wasting it for you to develop this game and keep changing it .  It is nowhere near time to release this game. 

It is not insane, it is a choice they've had to make. They did try to save assets but found the better option was to wipe (first page of this thread). Choices like these aren't clear-cut and obvious decisions. Furthermore, it isn't 'INSANE' to wipe in EAccess; it is common, it is to be expected, it is what needs to be done sometimes. They want to test the untested economy, so a wipe of assets makes sense for them to do that. It is good that they've made this decision pretty early on before the wipe takes place rather than 'wasting' more of your time. 

Your time is your own. If you choose to play this game in its EAccess form you should do so knowing that there will be wipes, that features will be implemented, tested, altered, maybe removed, and that that may facilitate a wipe of player stuff. If you feel that is a waste of your time then don't play.

As for asking for 1 million gold? Isn't that a bit much? As someone who often has sub-1 million, there is an awful lot you can do with that much money. If they're going to give players an amount, then 100,000 would be ample for cannons and crew, to get started on trading.

Edited by Rikard Frederiksen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rikard Frederiksen said:

It is not insane, it is a choice they've had to make. They did try to save assets but found the better option was to wipe (first page of this thread). Choices like these aren't clear-cut and obvious decisions. Furthermore, it isn't 'INSANE' to wipe in EAccess; it is common, it is to be expected, it is what needs to be done sometimes. They want to test the untested economy, so a wipe of assets makes sense for them to do that. It is good that they've made this decision pretty early on before the wipe takes place rather than 'wasting' more of your time. 

Your time is your own. If you choose to play this game in its EAccess form you should do so knowing that there will be wipes, that features will be implemented, tested, altered, maybe removed, and that that may facilitate a wipe of player stuff. If you feel that is a waste of your time then don't play.

As for asking for 1 million gold? Isn't that a bit much? As someone who often has sub-1 million, there is an awful lot you can do with that much money. If they're going to give players an amount, then 100,000 would be ample for cannons and crew, to get started on trading.

I would add that if there is a trader given as part of the wipe then with friends  to help you could very easily have 20-30 million on day 1

Good to know now we at least know what will happen and when ... but for me, well i dont think i will play till release i wasted to much time to get what i have and beginn from zero again till the next wipe, no thanks costs to much time. But i understand why this must happen and that it is useful for development.

11 minutes ago, oldcrankyman said:

I might have missed it, but I didn't see any dev response to the question about BPs.   

Are BPs going to be wiped also?

Access to Ship schematics will be by Crafting level instead of RNG drop, so, pretty much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

Access to Ship schematics will be by Crafting level instead of RNG drop, so, pretty much.

I've seen the abbreviation RNG several times on the forum. What does it mean?

2 minutes ago, Farrago said:

I've seen the abbreviation RNG several times on the forum. What does it mean?

Random Number Generator ( generation )

It is pretty much used all the time when a mechanic relies on "roll a die" :)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PaladinFX said:

Well some gold to at least be able to buy cannons for our 4 ships would be nice, right?!

Yah we brought this up and was wondering if we get a little starting gold.  In the old days I all ways thought it was unfair for a starting char to start with no gold too.  They should of had enough to buy there first officer atleast or some upgraded guns for there basice cutter.  I got a feeling every one will be out in there basic cutters trying to get that first bit of gold to put guns on there ships.

10 hours ago, BusterGut said:

Does that include outposts?

Will one of the 4 ships be a trader?

Also will there be a better distribution of farmable assets ie gold and silver. It is very frustrating when playing a minor nation when people like the Spanish get the best results.

Really hoping one is going to be a trader, but I'll prob go out and capture a trader straight off the bat.

4 hours ago, BusterGut said:

I would add that if there is a trader given as part of the wipe then with friends  to help you could very easily have 20-30 million on day 1

Have you been on test?  Ports don't produce mats any more so you can just buy them.  They do have trading goods but it's nothing like the ports right now.  I don't think it would be that easy to get that much unless that is all that trader did during that day.   Remember they have tweeked the econ from what we are use to right now.

1 hour ago, Hethwill said:

Random Number Generator ( generation )

It is pretty much used all the time when a mechanic relies on "roll a die" :)

RNG also means the GODS HATE ME......I never get the lucky roll when I want one...lol  

I'm the guy that constantly rolls 1's on the 20 sider when I just need to hit the dang thing one more time to kill it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Link please??? Information source???

I haven't seen the devs post that about blueprints in regards this wipe.

What they DID say on the Ship Wipe thread initial post was "Ship blueprints will not change significantly".

What you're stating sounds more likely the plans for when they do the blueprint overhaul that they have already told us about will come before release, but why are you saying that is coming included with this asset wipe?

Not that it would bother me, sounds like a good plan, less RNG would be great !

Edited by PaladinFX

2 hours ago, PaladinFX said:

Link please??? Information source???

I haven't seen the devs post that about blueprints in regards this wipe.

What they DID say on the Ship Wipe thread initial post was "Ship blueprints will not change significantly".

What you're stating sounds more likely the plans for when they do the blueprint overhaul that they have already told us about will come before release, but why are you saying that is coming included with this asset wipe?

Not that it would bother me, sounds like a good plan, less RNG would be great !

As told by Admin and authorized to answer a lot of posts with the exact same question.

• Like 3

On 3/23/2017 at 9:50 AM, admin said:

Hello Captains. 
This is an important announcement on the asset wipe.  

Most importantly - your xp is safe. 

Bad news 
All assets (including money) will have to be removed from the game. We tried hard to find the way to keep the assets, but unfortunately due to the sheer volume of resources accumulated during experiments (which sometimes provided too much money or resources or both). In addition to that keeping resources will not allow us to properly test the economy changes, ship changes (including 1 durability), upgrade changes, npc resource distribution. All assets will be removed. We will provide 4 ships of various rank as redeemables to all players to give some head start. 

Good news
We mentioned some time ago (several times) that all participants of the early access will receive rewards for all the pains endured during this hazardous voyage. Today we can announce a first exclusive reward (there could be more) that all players who have owned the game during early access will receive. 

Pandora - beautiful, fast and agile light frigate famous for the search for the Bounty after her mutiny. 
veKKwIC.jpg

The ship will be delivered on release of the game or maybe earlier (for testing). It will be added to redeemables in one of two forms (we do not yet know which and will provide more information on this closer to release) un-tradeable permanent blueprint, or an eternal redeemable ship similar to the yacht. 

Timeline (timelines are not final)

1. Series of patches will be applied to testbed by the 10th of April (last patch to testbed was applied on 27th Feb)
  2. Asset wipe by 19th of April
  3. Preparation of the server merges and reorganization by 19th of April
  4. Opening of servers 19th-20th April

We understand that the action we take could be painful but it is absolutely needed for proper testing of the game before the release. 
Thank you for your attention.

You need put the game on sale also get some more players

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

As told by Admin and authorized to answer a lot of posts with the exact same question.

I think a lot of folks are wondering about thier rare BPs is the main thing.  I'm going to take it that we get all the other BP's and those are going to be back as drops again we have to gain from PB ship chest or trade in at the Pirate Den shop (since I'm a pirate).  The pirate one has the Pirate Frigate BP for trade for trade notes.  Was surprised the National shops didn't have a BG like the Aggy in them instead of just the note.   We will just have to wait and see what it turns out to be.

I really wish they release a patch of what is in test and be used now cause it's getting freaking dead in game.

• Like 1

Now the big question many of us still want an answer for is where is the PvP Global server going to be located.  There was a hint it might be in the US, but the way they keep saying we are still talking about that is starting to get some of us worried about it's location.  Cause I'll be honest with you if they put in the EU with the EU server than many folks are going to prob stop playing the game.

6 minutes ago, Crayon said:

what about materials?

All gone and with no gold you will need to spend a few days gathering cash by fighting just to even get enough for opening outposts. Materials is another problem to be crossed when we get there. you will still need gold to buy cannons unless you break down basic cutters for free 4 pounders

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Now the big question many of us still want an answer for is where is the PvP Global server going to be located.  There was a hint it might be in the US, but the way they keep saying we are still talking about that is starting to get some of us worried about it's location.  Cause I'll be honest with you if they put in the EU with the EU server than many folks are going to prob stop playing the game.

Well and with it in the US a lot of EU player will be gone ... and to be honest i think this is one of the games where the EU-Playerbase is bigger then the US (statistic would be nice) but since you always believe your nation is the navel of the world ...

1 hour ago, Lonar said:

Well and with it in the US a lot of EU player will be gone ... and to be honest i think this is one of the games where the EU-Playerbase is bigger then the US (statistic would be nice) but since you always believe your nation is the navel of the world ...

Having the Global server in the US makes more sense than in Europe, as it allows for a better ping for those in Australia and Asia whilst not sacrificing much for Europeans (a ping of 120 isn't too bad for gameplay in NA). For those of us in Europe who want a low ping, we can just go to the EU server and play with said low ping. 

Edited by Rikard Frederiksen
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Rikard Frederiksen said:

Having the Global server in the US makes more sense than in Europe, as it allows for a better ping for those in Australia and Asia whilst not sacrificing much for Europeans (a ping of 120 isn't too bad for gameplay in NA). For those of us in Europe who want a low ping, we can just go to the EU server and play with said low ping. 

Been playing on PVP-2 from EU and having no issues. Ping varies from 90 to 130. So is a good choice for Global, meaning as a middle ground for everyone.

2 hours ago, Lonar said:

You are slightly offset. US based and EU based sales should be fairly similar as posted by admin on some post.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I think a lot of folks are wondering about thier rare BPs is the main thing.  I'm going to take it that we get all the other BP's and those are going to be back as drops again we have to gain from PB ship chest or trade in at the Pirate Den shop (since I'm a pirate).  The pirate one has the Pirate Frigate BP for trade for trade notes.  Was surprised the National shops didn't have a BG like the Aggy in them instead of just the note.   We will just have to wait and see what it turns out to be.

I really wish they release a patch of what is in test and be used now cause it's getting freaking dead in game.

From looking to the testbed I think you are right on the money regarding some of the Admiralty options being ships and not actual ship building schematics :) which surely will provide for a more "abstract layer" of reliance on standard designs and now and then a non standard design assigned by the Admiralty.

Must say to you guys loved the PBs on PvP-2, even if totally offset numbers, due to the large variety of ships brought unlike the pvp-1 situation of everything boring same.

Makes the most sense for it to be located in the US, though since I'm getting around 180 ping to PvP2 at the moment I reckon it'd be okay for broadsides but get quite annoying for raking, demasting and such.

Not at all. Did all already with no issues. There are some CET fellows playing there from what I understood, that came from PvE server to test PvP before the wipe and they been playing clean.

Only delay felt is really on the User Interface actions like selling stuff, buying, etc.

I think most people will play where there is the least ping.

Pings ok, but get into a heavy battle and bad ping hits....that's a pisser.

My problem is most of the playstyle I like will be on the server with the worst ping.

Still I will open accounts on both.