Game-Labs Forum

Declaration of the French Council about the new European server

PIerrick de Badas

16 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Why should they? - Everyone else is going to either the US server or the EU server.. I sincerely doubt the global server is going to work even with 3 or 4 times the playerbase.

As I understand it, there won't be any US server anymore. PVP 2 will merge with PVP 1 and become the global server.  

Then, a new EU server will be created with the locked PB period to fit EU's time zone. 

10 minutes ago, Coraline Vodka said:

you plan on being both servers then? seems redundant dont you think one server should fill both roleS?

No - exactly the point.. I can play for leisure on the global server and do my RvR on the EU server. Just the way I like it :) And you may even see a more friendly unsalty version of me ;)

8 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Actually never annexed nor controlled from Madrid - merely a konglomerate of possesions brought together by marriage alliances but ruled by separate chambers, laws and traditions. The great failing of the spanish empire was the difficulty realligning the many traditions and cultures to a common empirebuilding project.

It was Annexed, mate. Carlos V was crowned Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire annexing such Empire to the Spanish Empire

I hate using Wiki, but most people like it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_V,_Holy_Roman_Emperor

The Empire was so extensive that it is obvious that Madrid did not directly control it, but same thing did happen in the Americas.

Edited by Hiscules

7 minutes ago, Coraline Vodka said:

the only reason you care about PBs out of your time zone is they affect econ? i cant imagine any other reason. case and point ays/islamorada. we dont need or care about them so spain and usa flip flop them constantly. bonus get get fights most times be it night or workday.

I've got more gold, ressources and mats than I can use.. Econ is broken and has been for more than half a year. I play RvR for the PBs and I prefer mine full.. But meaningfull RvR requires both parties present in both offence and defence - something the western alliance has been unable and unwilling to provide - even going to great lengths for flipping ports on work nights.. Only reason you'd care to flip ports in times where there is no chance for any opposition is to win empty pixels so don't come crying to me now that you get all the chance in the global server to do just that.

3 minutes ago, Hiscules said:

It was Annexed, mate. Carlos V was crowned Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire annexing such Empire to the Spanish Empire

I hate using Wiki, but most people like it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_V,_Holy_Roman_Emperor

The Empire was so extensive that it is obvious that Madrid did not directly control it, but same thing did happen in the Americas.

That's incorrect. The german electorate elected Carlos V as emperor but the crown was never spanish - the empire was ruled separetely and moreover the crown never became hereditary. The former burgundian fiefs as well as the rest of the habsburg possesions were the Habsburgs by birthright but the german empire consisted at any one point in time of between 400 principalities and 80 towards the end of the reign. Carlos V was one of the most travelling monarchs in european history because a lot of legislation required him to be present in those lands that lied within the german empire - Madrid never became the seat of the german empire and annexation requires one part to be subservient to a stronger part - that was never the case in when Carlos V was crowned on the contrary he was forced to give huge monetary, taxation and toll concessions in order to be emperor.

10 minutes ago, Serk said:

As I understand it, there won't be any US server anymore. PVP 2 will merge with PVP 1 and become the global server.  

Then, a new EU server will be created with the locked PB period to fit EU's time zone. 

I have no idea and as such I applaud this thread as a funny immersive way to get more info out of the devs. Shame it has to be bogged down in all the "global" salt.

4 minutes ago, Hiscules said:

I think Bearwall refers to the possessions Spain got from Portugal. Was indeed a marriage alliance and Portugal did have separated laws and traditions. Portuguese nobility was unhappy with all situation, and years later the Independence war happened.

Just now, Wraith said:

Says you who flips ports while we're at work during the week?  Keep rolling that shit around on your tongue some more, it won't ever come out any less hypocritical.

The tea-time flops aren't my cup of tea so to speak but I recognize it as a desperate attempt to balance out the nightflops and as such is only another symptom of the ailments of a global server and another reason why the split was inevitable and indeed needed. Now I hope we can get back to what NA is all about - the battles.

1 minute ago, Cabral said:

I think Bearwall refers to the possessions Spain got from Portugal. Was indeed a marriage alliance and Portugal did have separated laws and traditions. Portuguese nobility was unhappy with all situation, and years later the Independence war happened.

No the german empire was NOT annexed unless we understand the word differently. The principalites of the HRE kept its institutions, their independence and the right to elect the emperor. The spanish crown, nobility and courts never legislated in HRE (outside the areas inherited by birthright down the Habsburg line).

5 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

That's incorrect. The german electorate elected Carlos V as emperor but the crown was never spanish - the empire was ruled separetely and moreover the crown never became hereditary. The former burgundian fiefs as well as the rest of the habsburg possesions were the Habsburgs by birthright but the german empire consisted at any one point in time of between 400 principalities and 80 towards the end of the reign. Carlos V was one of the most travelling monarchs in european history because a lot of legislation required him to be present in those lands that lied within the german empire - Madrid never became the seat of the german empire and annexation requires one part to be subservient to a stronger part - that was never the case in when Carlos V was crowned on the contrary he was forced to give huge monetary, taxation and toll concessions in order to be emperor.

You can deny all you want, history is there and you can't change it. The Holy Roman Empire was annexed by Spain when Carlos V was proclaimed and crowned as Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire. There is a reason why he uphold such Title...(and again) is in history.

Edited by Hiscules

Just now, Hiscules said:

You can deny all you want, history is there and you can change it. The Holy Roman Empire was annexed by Spain when Carlos V was proclaimed Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire. There is a reason why he uphold such Title...(and again) is in history.

And as a professor in history I know what I'm talking about. I think we have a diverging opinion of the word "annexation".

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

One can hope, but I fear both servers will be DOA within 8-12 months.

Well I have hopes for the future - and the current situation was untenable. Something I hope we all have realized a long time ago.

8 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

And as a professor in history I know what I'm talking about. I think we have a diverging opinion of the word "annexation".

You obviously know a different version of the history that the rest of the world knows, no matter how much you do claim to know:

"Charles was only 56 when he abdicated, but after 34 years of energetic rule he was physically exhausted and sought the peace of a monastery, where he died at the age of 58. Upon Charles’s abdications, the Holy Roman Empire was inherited by his younger brother Ferdinand, who had already been given the Austrian lands in 1521. The Spanish Empire, including the possessions in the Netherlands and Italy, was inherited by Charles’s son Philip II. The two empires would remain allies until the 18th century."

Taken from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_V,_Holy_Roman_Emperor which proves it did become Hereditary. Before his death, he ruled both Empires.

So what ever history you are lecturing on, is against everything historians around the world are teaching; maybe you know something the rest of the world does not know.

Edited by Hiscules

Louis garneray: Merci maman je m'en souviendrai, mon fils est malade et je t'enquiquine.

BearWall, you're almost the onlyone there to have understand the topic goal

Intrepido and Anoytic, i hope this toxicity is helping you saying goodbye

Wraith: The game will be release on 6-12 month so we will not have to worry about number and global server will probably be the bst place to be. Waiting enough players to be present on all time i hope you may find some brainto apologies us to look for somewhere we are not forced to not sleep on night

Just now, Hiscules said:

You obviously don't know history, no matter how much you proclaim to know history:

"Charles was only 56 when he abdicated, but after 34 years of energetic rule he was physically exhausted and sought the peace of a monastery, where he died at the age of 58. Upon Charles’s abdications, the Holy Roman Empire was inherited by his younger brother Ferdinand, who had already been given the Austrian lands in 1521. The Spanish Empire, including the possessions in the Netherlands and Italy, was inherited by Charles’s son Philip II. The two empires would remain allies until the 18th century."

Taken from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_V,_Holy_Roman_Emperor which proves it did become Hereditary.

And I'd correct the word "inherited" as there was at no time a formal adoption of hereditary monarchy in the HRE - it was an elective one and a peculiar one at that since the HRE consisted of more or less independent principalities that through the 16th century grew more and more distant from the notion of empire. The title of emperor became only ceremonial - and my point remains - the legislation in the HRE was made during landestage or moods in english (as I recall) and they were never held in Madrid but always in the german empire. The problem you fail to realize is that two seperate political entities can have the same monarch but still be otherwise unentangled with one another. A great many examples exists of these constructs where some - like Aragon and Castille, grew into more or less stable political entities. Whereas others like Portugal - Castille/Aragon couldn't bridge the gap in interests as the Portuguese wanted protection for it's empire and the Spanish monarchies (which btw was also ruled separately) was more interested in keeping hold of the spanish possesions in the Americas, Far east and mediteranean. In regards to the HRE the point is - where did legislation take place? And that was in the HRE under the purview of the german principalities and nobles. The Spanish Grandes never had any political clout in the HRE.

3 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

And I'd correct the word "inherited" as there was at no time a formal adoption of hereditary monarchy in the HRE - it was an elective one and a peculiar one at that since the HRE consisted of more or less independent principalities that through the 16th century grew more and more distant from the notion of empire. The title of emperor became only ceremonial - and my point remains - the legislation in the HRE was made during landestage or moods in english (as I recall) and they were never held in Madrid but always in the german empire. The problem you fail to realize is that two seperate political entities can have the same monarch but still be otherwise unentangled with one another. A great many examples exists of these constructs where some - like Aragon and Castille, grew into more or less stable political entities. Whereas others like Portugal - Castille/Aragon couldn't bridge the gap in interests as the Portuguese wanted protection for it's empire and the Spanish monarchies (which btw was also ruled separately) was more interested in keeping hold of the spanish possesions in the Americas, Far east and mediteranean. In regards to the HRE the point is - where did legislation take place? And that was in the HRE under the purview of the german principalities and nobles. The Spanish Grandes never had any political clout in the HRE.

No, what you fail to understand is that the same process was taken at the Americas. The Americas became Vice royalties; In the same manner as the Holy Roman Empire, but under the same Flag. These Vice-royalties did not change the fact that they were ruled by Carlos V.

"Charles was the heir of three of Europe's leading dynasties: the Houses of Valois-Burgundy (Netherlands), Habsburg (Holy Roman Empire), and Trastámara (Spain). He inherited the Burgundian Netherlands and the Franche-Comté as heir of the House of Valois-Burgundy. From his own dynasty, the Habsburgs, he inherited Austria and other lands in central Europe. He was also elected to succeed his Habsburg grandfather, Maximilian I, as Holy Roman Emperor, a title held by the Habsburgs since 1440. From the Spanish House of Trastámara, he inherited the crowns of Castile, which was in the process of developing a nascent empire in the Americas and Asia, and Aragon, which included a Mediterranean empire extending to Southern Italy. Charles was the first king to rule Castile and Aragon simultaneously in his own right, and as a result he is sometimes referred to as the first King of Spain.[5] The personal union, under Charles, of the Holy Roman Empire with the Spanish Empire resulted in the closest Europe would come to a universal monarchy since the death of Louis the Pious."

Again taken from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_V,_Holy_Roman_Emperor which proves once again, that he inherit such Empire.

Edited by Hiscules

10 minutes ago, Hiscules said:

You obviously know a different version of the history that the rest of the world knows, no matter how much you do claim to know:

Taken from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_V,_Holy_Roman_Emperor which proves it did become Hereditary. Before his death, he ruled both Empires.

So what ever history you are lecturing on, is against everything historians around the world are teaching; maybe you know something the rest of the world does not know.

I'd try to read something else than a wikiepedia article. First off - look up the word annexation and get a grip on what that actually entails. Secondly find out what a hereditary monarchy is. Thirdly - Look up what a konglomerate monarchy is. Fourthly - research where and how legislation came about during the reign of Carlos V. Fifthly - try to research the wars of religion that tore through the HRE because Carlos V tried and FAILED to make the HRE more centralised than it was in the first place. And if I have to give more history lessons I want payment - I do this for a living after all.

1 minute ago, Hiscules said:

No, what you fail to understand is that the same process was taken at the Americas. The Americas became Vice royalties; In the same manner as the Holy Roman Empire, but under the same Flag. These Vice-royalties did not change the fact that they were ruled by Carlos V.

wtf?!! where and how did you get this misunderstanding of history? - books, authors and teachers pls as there are hopefully a great many ppl you have misunderstood.

Just now, Bearwall said:

I'd try to read something else than a wikiepedia article. First off - look up the word annexation and get a grip on what that actually entails. Secondly find out what a hereditary monarchy is. Thirdly - Look up what a konglomerate monarchy is. Fourthly - research where and how legislation came about during the reign of Carlos V. Fifthly - try to research the wars of religion that tore through the HRE because Carlos V tried and FAILED to make the HRE more centralised than it was in the first place. And if I have to give more history lessons I want payment - I do this for a living after all.

Like I said, I used Wiki because most of people use it. But I can give you Book Titles. To add, Universities do not allow you to use wiki for projects nor documentation. And at any library you'll find the same information; but it looks like your library knows something the rest of the world does not.

2 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

wtf?!! where and how did you get this misunderstanding of history? - books, authors and teachers pls as there are hopefully a great many ppl you have misunderstood.

Is Not a misunderstanding:

The Holy Roman Empire was a similar type of government as a "Virreinato" with its differences and peculiar legislation, 

Edited by Hiscules

Just now, Hiscules said:

Like I said, I used Wiki because most of people use it. But I can give you Book Titles. To add, Universities do not allow you to use wiki for projects nor documentation. And at any library you'll find the same information; but it looks like your library knows something the rest of the world does not.

Try to explain to me - pls - the similarity you apparently see in the Vice-royalties of the americas (where the damn viceroy was directly appointed from Madrid) and the hereditary rights of the duke of Bavaria who in all fairness didn't give a hello kitty about the wishes from Madrid. They are completely different political entities with different rights and responsibilites.

Just now, Hiscules said:

Is Not a misunderstanding:

The Holy Roman Empire was a similar type of government as a "Virreinato"

No it was not. And I really don't want to waste my time on a juvenile discussion where your point of view is based on pure nationalistic wishfull thinking. I'm neither spanish nor german but I do give a thought to historical accuracy and you are severely lacking in understanding the difference between Vice-royalties, principalities, fiefs and empire. Not to mention the phrase "annexation".

14 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Try to explain to me - pls - the similarity you apparently see in the Vice-royalties of the americas (where the damn viceroy was directly appointed from Madrid) and the hereditary rights of the duke of Bavaria who in all fairness didn't give a hello kitty about the wishes from Madrid. They are completely different political entities with different rights and responsibilites.

No Need to explain. Carlos V was crowned Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire. Is that so hard to understand? just like he was Emperor of the Spanish Empire but he had Vice-royals working in behalf of the Emperor in the Americas.

Besides, are you talking about: Louis IV, Holy Roman Emperor? Because if so, for a History "expert" you don't have a clue on what you talking about.

Louis IV Holy Roman Emperor 1 April 1282 – 11 October 1347

Carlos V Emperor of Spain, Holy Roman Empire Emperor 24 February 1500 – 21 September 1558.

Carlos V  was ruler of both the Spanish Empire from 1516 and the Holy Roman Empire from 1519, as well as of the Habsburg Netherlands from 1506

Charles V: The World Emperor by Harald Kleinschmidt

A Matter of Pride (Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor) by Linda Carlino Carlino

Edited by Hiscules

8 minutes ago, Hiscules said:

No Need to explain. Carlos V was crowned Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire. Is that so hard to understand? just like he was Emperor of the Spanish Empire but he had Vice-royals working in behalf of the Emperor in the Americas.

Besides, are you talking about: Louis IV, Holy Roman Emperor? Because if so, for a History "expert" you don't have a clue on what you talking about.

Louis IV Holy Roman Emperor 1 April 1282 – 11 October 1347

Carlos V Emperor of Spain, Holy Roman Empire Emperor 24 February 1500 – 21 September 1558.

Carlos V  was ruler of both the Spanish Empire from 1516 and the Holy Roman Empire from 1519, as well as of the Habsburg Netherlands from 1506

You sir are an imbecile. Carlos V was king of Castile, Aragon, Naples and Sicily, Duke of the burgundian netherlands, the habsburg domains in the HRE (including but not limited to the austrian possesions). Neither one of the aforementioned entities was absorbed into one of the other - they were ruled as separate monarchies that just happened to have the same figurehead of the construct. There are NO resemblance between the rights of the Castilian monarchs in the american colonies and the rights of the HRE emperor in the german principalities. Pls try to read a history book that takes the issues regarding political entities a bit more serious than mere biografies of the german king of the spanish monarchies (in your line of thought the proper way to look at it is that the HRE annexed the spanish monarchies since the Habsburgs is a german nobleline hailing mostly from the austrian lands - I hope we can agree that it is not the case?).