Game-Labs Forum

Technical problems and bugs

admin

Well so far i noticed:

Ships sailing through land ( npc at least)

Constitution npc seem have to 100 accuracy...dam it hitting hard:P

Players can sail through land as well, though on one of the maps after sailing through most of an island with full health I all of a sudden sank.  It was the island that has detailed rock formations and vegitation.

I've had npc Constitutions miss me.  The ai seems to have a weird aiming issue.  They either hit exactly at the waterline or miss several yards behind or ahead of you (with perhaps a few shots hitting you at your stern or bow).  It doesn't seem to varry at all.  If they hit you, they will always hit you (and exactly at the waterline).  If they miss, they will always miss.  If they partially hit you they always partially hit you for the rest of that match.  It's like they are programmed to be either 100%, 25% or 0% every time they fire once the match starts.

• Like 1

Am I the only person who has noticed the compass in the bottom left of the screen is wrong. I have been scratching my head for ages knowing something was not right and finally today it struck me....if I want to go from a heading of 045 to a heading of 090 (or NE to E if you prefer), I would turn to Starboard right?  Well not on the compass on screen. The bearings go counter clockwise not clockwise.

Do I win the prize for spotting the deliberate mistake?

• Like 2

The only major issues I've had are the occasional blue-screen - in my case, I get a Driver_IRQ_Less_Or_Equal BSoD.

Besides that, I've had my system restart for no apparent reason, however I suspect it might be a thermal issue so before I post any more about that, I'm going to reconfigure my case first.

Am I the only person who has noticed the compass in the bottom left of the screen is wrong. I have been scratching my head for ages knowing something was not right and finally today it struck me....if I want to go from a heading of 045 to a heading of 090 (or NE to E if you prefer), I would turn to Starboard right?  Well not on the compass on screen. The bearings go counter clockwise not clockwise.

Do I win the prize for spotting the deliberate mistake?

Is that actually a compass or is it a wind direction gauge???  I thought it was just a wind direction guage, but then maybe the wind was just always out of the north.  :)

Issue:

Bow wave anim appears above foredeck sporadically

Steps to reproduce:

Ship - Brig

Sail Trim - Full Sail

Point of Sailing - Dead run

Camera position - In gun mode looking directly for'ard

Expected behaviour:

No water anim should penetrate hull

NB: I'd add a screenshot, but alas I am on a different computer.

• Problem One
    • Gameplay froze and all players (6) were disconnected from game server. Client required force end process to exit game and NA had to be launched again. Match resumed once logged back in.
  • Why it is a problem
    • Obviously not an intended event.
  • What should developers do to fix the problem
    • Review the log (bug report submitted in game) and determine the cause.

• Problem Two
    • In game mentione in Problem One, after another 10+ minutes of play I received Battle Over message and dropped from game. All other reconnected players continued playing.
  • Why it is a problem
    • Obviously not an intended event.
    • Determine cause of issue.

• Problem Three
    • Can not cancel joining a PvP match. Second occurrence of this I have observed.
  • Why it is a problem
    • Player can not cancel joining a match and is forced into battle, possibly as disconnected due to being required to force end Naval Action.
    • Ensure the cancel button is enabled in all circumstances a player is in a game lobby.

Mag.

• Problem Three
    • Can not cancel joining a PvP match. Second occurrence of this I have observed.
  • Why it is a problem
    • Player can not cancel joining a match and is forced into battle, possibly as disconnected due to being required to force end Naval Action.
    • Ensure the cancel button is enabled in all circumstances a player is in a game lobby.

Mag.

This is by design due to players "gaming" the fledgling matchmaker.  The cancel button is disabled the moment another player joins the PvP matchmaker.  Recommend NAB (Not a Bug).

Just played one of the weirdest games ever.... my ship flew and then sunk. It clearly is the animation for a rough sea, but on a calm map!

I sent a report.

I had the same issue right after the patch it sank, then bobbed up, cleared the water completely, then rocked around, sank again. Exactly like a super heavy sea state.

• Like 1

This is by design due to players "gaming" the fledgling matchmaker.  The cancel button is disabled the moment another player joins the PvP matchmaker.  Recommend NAB (Not a Bug).

Fair enough.

Lets say that I am hypothetically playing with a group of two other players and they click PvE whilst I click PvP. I now can not get out of the PvP match to join them and am stuck playing a game I had no intention of playing.

It may not be a bug but it's certainly not a good feature. You're just going to end up with people forced to play matches with disconnected players like the poor fellow I joined a lobby with as I couldn't get out without force ending process (sorry to that Captain by the way).

Mag.

Fair enough.

Lets say that I am hypothetically playing with a group of two other players and they click PvE whilst I click PvP. I now can not get out of the PvP match to join them and am stuck playing a game I had no intention of playing.

It may not be a bug but it's certainly not a good feature. You're just going to end up with people forced to play matches with disconnected players like the poor fellow I joined a lobby with as I couldn't get out without force ending process (sorry to that Captain by the way).

Mag.

You're making a pretty serious assumption there - that this is the way the matchmaker will always work.

This is a temporary feature of Alpha to support Sea Trials.  Down the road, I'm sure the instant combat matchmaker features will allow you to enter/leave the queue at will, once it has the features needed to prevent exploits.

Don't know if this has happened previously, but I was just in a battle where I ducked behind a tall island to make repairs. I was to windward, the enemy was to leeward of the island. The enemy was able to continue firing on me right through the island. He didn't have line of sight, and the island should have totally blocked him from firing.

That was odd.

Another odd one was a few days ago, I skirted around a sand bar with the enemy in pursuit, but when the enemy got to it he sailed right through it. Why didn't he run aground?

So other than eye-candy, I'm wondering why even put islands on the map.

Don't know if this has happened previously, but I was just in a battle where I ducked behind a tall island to make repairs. I was to windward, the enemy was to leeward of the island. The enemy was able to continue firing on me right through the island. He didn't have line of sight, and the island should have totally blocked him from firing.

That was odd.

Another odd one was a few days ago, I skirted around a sand bar with the enemy in pursuit, but when the enemy got to it he sailed right through it. Why didn't he run aground?

So other than eye-candy, I'm wondering why even put islands on the map.

Islands aren't solid yet.  It's an Alpha test, they're there to add flavor, and I'm sure they'll be solid and block LOS and shots at a later date.  Right now you can generally just sail right through them.

Islands aren't solid yet.  It's an Alpha test, they're there to add flavor, and I'm sure they'll be solid and block LOS and shots at a later date.  Right now you can generally just sail right through them.

Good to know, and I'm okay with that. Luckily I got my repairs done, and won that fight. :)

Problem:                           After today's patch, NA crashes after only running for a few minutes

Why is it s problem?         It's pretty obvious methinks... :P

What should developers do:  I've gone into my application log and pulled the crash dumps, which I'll post here:

The program Client.exe version 4.5.1.22018 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
 Process ID: 4834
 Start Time: 01d010c212e7c29a
 Termination Time: 109
 Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Naval Action\Client.exe
 Report Id: d3be7638-7cb6-11e4-8cc3-d43d7eb8e2ec

This is followed a few seconds later by the culprit, Direct X 11:

Faulting application name: Client.exe, version: 4.5.1.22018, time stamp: 0x53978e31
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5153774d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x707c567e
Faulting process id: 0x4f38
Faulting application start time: 0x01d010c3af9d62df
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Naval Action\Client.exe
Faulting module path: d3d11.dll
Report Id: 1549ae47-7cb7-11e4-8cc3-d43d7eb8e2ec

I should probably add that I was sailing the Yacht at the time this started happening, in the new and improved Small Boat PvE (it's much better now, btw - the matchmaker no longer actively hates me).

Machine Spec is as follows:

MSI Z77G43 Gaming MoBo

Core i7 3770 @ 3.7GHz

16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL9 RAM

Samsung 240GB SSD

MSI Gaming Edition GTX 780 running nVidia 344.48