Game-Labs Forum

Technical problems and bugs

admin

The most enjoying thing is the fact I must disengage my joystick every time I play this game and I am a very very great fan of flight simulations, I have 4 installed on my PC, and it is a problem to remove the controller (joystick and throttle) plus the tracker I need also to disable. I hope this is very soon corrected! ;)

I have been getting gamma changes in game. This started just a few days ago. Not a big deal, will mess with my graphics options when I get a chance. Any body else?

can you elaborate more on this?

+ file the F11 report once it happens in game. 

The most enjoying thing is the fact I must disengage my joystick every time I play this game and I am a very very great fan of flight simulations, I have 4 installed on my PC, and it is a problem to remove the controller (joystick and throttle) plus the tracker I need also to disable. I hope this is very soon corrected! ;)

Yeah, I have a HOTAS, plus a yoke, throttle quadrant, and rudder pedals, all now disconnected so I can play Naval Action.

When I open the game I see a list of ships in boxes, and two large grey boxes either side of a arrow, no pictures.

My system is AMD Radeon HD7700 graphic with 8gb Ram and an AMD FX 4350 Quad Core 2.81 processor. It runs Rise of Flight with all settings on max, BF4 no problem, Windows 8.1 64 bit

Is the system not up to it?

When I open the game I see a list of ships in boxes, and two large grey boxes either side of a arrow, no pictures.

My system is AMD Radeon HD7700 graphic with 8gb Ram and an AMD FX 4350 Quad Core 2.81 processor. It runs Rise of Flight with all settings on max, BF4 no problem, Windows 8.1 64 bit

Is the system not up to it?

This is normal..Ship boxes are just place holders for Pictures later.....

As for Gray boxes..when you pick( I assume you are fairly New) a ship and click on PvP/PvE...2 Gray boxes appear (arrow in middle) your Name and the ship your in will be on the Left box Right box is disabled for now.

Counter counts down..then game starts

Bottom of Screen Cut-off

Small Problem...thought it was just me but others say they have it also.......

When in Windowed Mode....the bottom of the screen gets cut-off..it cuts off a 1/4 of an Inch or so..I can only see the top half of my Ships Speed..

and I can only see a smal Sliver of the Rudder Line and Rudder Positon..This makes things a bit tricky while in a fight

Bottom of Screen Cut-off

Small Problem...thought it was just me but others say they have it also.......

When in Windowed Mode....the bottom of the screen gets cut-off..it cuts off a 1/4 of an Inch or so..I can only see the top half of my Ships Speed..

and I can only see a smal Sliver of the Rudder Line and Rudder Positon..This makes things a bit tricky while in a fight

Use power of

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoPUSGj64t3qaWX4PgewcTFMXz96tF2x4zJYfvg5HPkVVhSQn1wnUGVg

maximize button

&

Taskbar auto hide

http://pad1.whstatic.com/images/thumb/4/44/Autohide-the-Taskbar-in-Windows-7-Step-2-Version-2.jpg/670px-Autohide-the-Taskbar-in-Windows-7-Step-2-Version-2.jpg

already posted a bug report ingame but didn't provide a lot of details.

whenever i jump into a game my rudder is stuck to full port(can still use it but always go's back to full port), now i've read that having joysticks and such plugged in can make it go wacky so i tried with everything unplugged and my rudder still go's full port, getting kinda annoyed. i'm using a Mad Cats  V.7 keyboard and a cyborg Rat 3 mouse if that helps.

whenever i jump into a game my rudder is stuck to full port(can still use it but always go's back to full port), now i've read that having joysticks and such plugged in can make it go wacky so i tried with everything unplugged and my rudder still go's full port, getting kinda annoyed. i'm using a Mad Cats  V.7 keyboard and a cyborg Rat 3 mouse if that helps.

This really sounds like a local problem to me (but I am not a Dev).  Something is interfering with your inputs, think outside the box of what you've already unplugged.  Does the mouse or keyboard have additional sliders/inputs that may be to blame?

Try to uninstall the joystick drivers. Someone had the same problem few days ago.

AP514 - Did you try selecting a different window size from the dropdown menu on the login screen? You can also drag the screen and resize but it has to be done on the login or the lobby screen. I made the mistake before of dragging it too far so when the next time I logged on it bumped me up to the next screen size which caused the entire lower section to be cut off. I didn't notice it until I was in battle and couldn't change crew focus or ammo types.

I apologize if this was obvious and you already tried it. It happened to me so I figured i'd throw it out there just in case.

AI really shoots behind you (at least in the Snow).

I had a brig, then a snow and a cutter, and then a brig again on parallel course, wind directly amidships, 75% sails or 100% sails, every shot from every ship landed behind me.  They didn't hit me once all match despite my closing to nearly doubleshot range with every ship.  They did manage to sink a friendly cutter, so they were hitting someone, but at least with regards to parallel courses, they're not quite there.

Charles, were you sailing something with larger cannon pre-patch?  The reload rate seemed about the same for 6 pounders to me, but I don't have a raw time before/after either.

I just ran into 2 Snows from potbs wtf an snow really?????????? i tought that naval action would be naval action this is putting the ods of an great looking game into an verry bad looking game........ i am testing this game for at least an 50 person guild as far as i could see it was awsome till the POTBS ships came in a snow has never been an reall ship never seen it show me the plans did it get build of???????? i bed it never did check the details i tought this was about realism not fantasy no crp no stuns just reall life stuff no advadnge it is you vs me ore the ret no higher dps no extra crew loss all crap.

I just ran into 2 Snows from potbs wtf an snow really?????????? i tought that naval action would be naval action this is putting the ods of an great looking game into an verry bad looking game........ i am testing this game for at least an 50 person guild as far as i could see it was awsome till the POTBS ships came in a snow has never been an reall ship never seen it show me the plans did it get build of???????? i bed it never did check the details i tought this was about realism not fantasy no crp no stuns just reall life stuff no advadnge it is you vs me ore the ret no higher dps no extra crew loss all crap.

How is this a technical problem or a bug again? Please take a quick look at historical ships before you come railing about things that are fantasy. I can guarantee you the Developers have forgotten more about the Age of Sail than you have learned in PotBS. Start by Googling HMS Ontario, the real ship that the Snow is modeled off of (and will more closely resemble with the next few Dev passes).