Game-Labs Forum
admin

PVE Server and PVE zones - Preliminary announcement.

Is it not an advantage for the nation wich are represent in pve as their player will be able to move on pve side if necessary? How to pve safly for pvp sweidsh player? Does it mean they are forced to stay on pvp when spain brit and french can go on pve?

Yes, this is the main problem with PvE area. Either make it availible for all the nations or reduce whole game only to Spain, Britain and France.

1 hour ago, Borch said:

Yes, this is the main problem with PvE area. Either make it availible for all the nations or reduce whole game only to Spain, Britain and France.

The main issue with giving all nations some ports in the PvE zones is actually the size of the PvE zone. As there are very few islands in the Gulf, main PvE activity will be along the coast. And that coast is IMO too small to be divided into 8 nations. There are only about 50 ports there, that would make 50/8 = 6-7 ports per nations.

One solution might be to add (imaginary) islands with ports in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico. However, 8 nations in such a small area seem too much.

Adding some free towns in the PvE zone where anybody could build and craft seem sufficient.

There's enough map for all playstyles.

Having PVP all the time doesn't exist. There are always relative safe zones in the map if captains are willing to explore and setup outposts.

Hence PvE is a part of PvP and the same way PvP should be a part of PvE, why ?

this I say of personal experience. have raided folk, and chat with them for a bit, that did stay away in quiet regions simply to not get annoyed all the time by pvp'ers, but thanked the change of pace by being attacked by a privateer
thing is they don't like it ALL the time but they can appreciate the challenge now and then.

There's enough map for PvP and PvE.

• Like 3

On 3/26/2017 at 6:21 PM, Axel said:

I really dont feel like reading 18 pages to see if this might have been mentioned so ill just ask and hopefully someone can answer me.

Why is it that France Spain and Great Britain get places in the PvE zone but nobody else does? I saw the admin mention that the PvE people would be the economic backbone of the nations and PvPers would be the ones taking ports and things. So does this mean the remaining nations are SOL? Do we not need an economic backbone? Do we not need PvE players (who may at some point decide to start PvPing) to be in the smaller populated nations as well instead of just the large nations?

I feel like this needs to be addressed with a reasonable correction if it has not been brought up yet. 

Since I fear this has been lost id still like an answer