Game-Labs Forum

Limited economy slots - coming soon

1 minute ago, rediii said:

You'r not forced. PvP players probably hand you over landowner rights with a happy face as they would be pink shipskins

Probably??

I play the game. I read the in-game chat. I think 'might possibly only if there's no one from the clan who wants it' would be closer to the mark than 'probably'.

btw, I'm happy to count myself as a PvP player, but in RvR I'd prefer my nation to win.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, admin said:

All this is important ONLY if inflation is indeed a problem (based on the player feedback). If inflation is NOT a problem and money should flow to everyone then this issue is moot honestly. 

How does restricting resources help with inflation? Or is the problem with inflation that you don't think there is enough of it?

I don't know if inflation is a problem, myself. I haven't spent long enough in the game and worked my way through the economy well enough to have a good grasp of prices and availability, but to combat inflation you want to restrict the gold supply, or increase material/labour supply, whatever is the bottleneck.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Whether I agree or not, there is nothing and no one stopping a group of friends and a random group to work towards opening a PB and damn entering it and fight.

So no, PBs on paper are not limited no a specific group of players.

If toxicity comes your way after you had your fun, take the flak, report abuse and move on.

and people keep forgetting the 2 port battle limit per nation is going out the window.  Say your part of A Nation.   Well Clan A decides they want to attack this port. They can go do it and if there clan fills the port battle they pretty much have control of that port unless you want to buy your land grant to use it.   Well Can B was left out but they said screw it and hit another port at the same time but they let all the scrubs in to help them fill the numbers.  Now they control a port that Clan A does.  All along we have Clan C that is a bunch of crafters that hate RvR but love to build ships.  Folks from both A and B clan can sale some of there land notes cause they don't need them all and that clan now has stakes in both those ports to do the crafting they want.  They might even trade some of A's with what they got from B as part of the deal so now you have all three clans that can use two ports that was only taken by 2/3 of the players involved.  

Just remember that you have to defend that port too so if Clan B pisses off Clan A and they get attacked and they don't have all the scrubs helping them they would need the help of other players to fill there defense.  So they might not want to piss off Clan A.  Which might think hell we will just let the other nation take the port and than take it back afterwards for our own.

I think some of the RvR is going to start to get very intersting and I for one know I won't be keeping all my land grants so would be passing it on to others if I get more than I need.  Though prob for a price of course.

1 hour ago, Anne Wildcat said:

@Ned Loe

POTBS, major pros and cons from my experience (not all pros and cons)

The pros

POTBS has massively more pve, missions can be found at I think every port, both do once and done mission types or types that can be done daily. It has more variety of PVE, both ship combat variety and avcom pve. Ship combat against ai takes a lot less time and is so much easier (seriously dumb ai, sloops will try to go broadside to broadside with a frigate). It's free to play.  Having avatars due to the avcom it feels more social.  

The cons

Its free to play so there is no stopping alts. The econ there is absolutely awful, it drives away any casual player that wants to do econ. There are labor hours there too, per structure, but it is real time.  Unless you pay, you can only have 2 building slots (and every single thing produced requires a building) unless you buy an expansion in slots from Burning Sea Notes (that are bought from real money). The past three sentances drive alt use.  The now standard pvp ships all require premium economic structures and possibly premium blueprints to build (so the crafter type either has to pay for the Burning Sea notes out of real money or use in game currency to buy it from someone who does pay out of real money). The econ is absolutely a nightmare in that game, please do not try to turn NA econ into POTBS econ.

As a shipbuilder for my soc, I spent maybe $100-$200 to set up my econ but quit from burnout. 

We are not comparing pros and cons, all I asked was why 2006 game can handle more items in the game vs NA 2017 that can't even add loot, structures or extra ship slots because they are afraid it will ruin performance. Now they asking to limit structures to 25. It's obvious that Unity can't handle it all or they can't figure out how to program **** in it. 

Edited by Ned Loe

37 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Whether I agree or not, there is nothing and no one stopping a group of friends and a random group to work towards opening a PB and damn entering it and fight.

So no, PBs on paper are not limited no a specific group of players.

If toxicity comes your way after you had your fun, take the flak, report abuse and move on.

There is one thing stopping a group of friends and a random group from working towards opening a PB and entering it and fighting. 

1 dura ships in an uncertain market. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ned Loe said:

We are not comparing pros and cons, all I asked was why 2006 game can handle more items in the game vs NA 2017 that can't even add loot, structures or extra ship slots because they are afraid it will ruin performance. Now they asking to limit structures to 25. It's obvious that Unity can't handle it all or they can't figure out how to program **** in it. 

How does it handle more items.. If expansions are bought, you are still limited to 10 structures total and 5 dock spaces total.. If you dont buy expanisions I think its 2 & 2. So shipwise, NA allows plenty more. Structurewise POTBS has only 5 more if you pay for it. 

Edited by Anne Wildcat

Based on the player feedback and design deep dive internally we now think that limitation on economy slots should not be done.

It will work only when ports could be controlled by clans and when clans can invest into ports to increase the number of land plots available bringing more players to their towns for taxing them.

Before that this feature will hurt small clans and solo players. 

Topic can be locked now. 

• Like 46