Game-Labs Forum
Christendom

Conquest windows being added to solve night flips. [Feedback Thread - Heavily Moderated]

1 minute ago, Ink said:

Captains, we have said earlier there will be changes:

Care to elaborate on these changes then?  

1 minute ago, Christendom said:

Well... it sounds like we should night flip as much French territory as we can before they lock us out.  

Like some1 said before: "Keep shooting yourself in the foot."

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Fenris said:

1. Set up port timers back.

2. Split servers.

3. Lock down the Conquest time.

Choose one option. No other possibility untill someone comes around with a genius solution.

There are many persistent world war games that work round the clock. We are having a issue that shouldn't exist in the first place.

Does EvE has this issue ? Does Elite have this issue ? Anarchy Online ? Guild Wars ? Planetside ? Aces High ? WW2OL ? ...

Well, there is a major difference indeed. Population count.

Most recently we got ourselves a fairly average product entirely based of RvR combat.

https://eternalcrusade.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000495223-How-campaigns-work

Putting aside any need to code and change a lot of things, I never saw much interest shown by many of the Conquest dedicated players to "extend a hand" to a mechanic that actually facilitates a global ever living war server but rather vocalize as much as possible towards server full localization.

Who cares about mechanics that are proven to work, right ? As long as we can use a crowbar and claim that "our flag" finally "has won" Naval Action, whatever that may be.

Personally I feel ashamed of watching a community celebrating a split.

This is not a motive to celebrate, I am sure the decision to test this split didn't leave the Devs rejoicing but rather heavy heart for sure.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

There are many persistent world war games that work round the clock. We are having a issue that shouldn't exist in the first place.

Does EvE has this issue ? Does Elite have this issue ? Anarchy Online ? Guild Wars ? Planetside ? Aces High ? WW2OL ? ...

Well, there is a major difference indeed. Population count.

Most recently we got ourselves a fairly average product entirely based of RvR combat.

https://eternalcrusade.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000495223-How-campaigns-work

Putting aside any need to code and change a lot of things, I never saw much interest shown by many to "extend a hand" to a mechanic that actually facilitates a global ever living war but rather vocalize as much as possible towards server full localization.

Who cares about mechanics that are proven to work, right ? As long as we can use a crowbar and claim that "our flag" finally "has won" Naval Action, whatever that may be.

Personally I feel ashamed of watching a community celebrating a split.

This is not a motive to celebrate, I am sure the decision to test this split didn't leave the Devs rejoicing but rather heavy heart for sure.

no mater ho much i tell people to look at other games it dose not matter, some players just don't want the game to run when they are not around :( 

• Like 2

IMO  the whole night flip contest is a bit out of hand and i dont visit the forums much, as you can tell by my posts but each side has its own responsibility in a way to generate content for themselves and the opposite nation and by night flipping your only hurting yourselves and the game by having a fun ole time sitting in some circles for however long it takes to cap a port now. while i do not agree with this idea of limiting the port battle timers as it does hurt players who are not able to adhere to European times. it does need a different less restrictive fix that keeps people interested and to not throw an entire timezone under the bus. 

20 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Well... it sounds like we should night flip as much French territory as we can before they lock us out.  

18 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Like some1 said before: "Keep shooting yourself in the foot."

QFT.

I am from Australia, since starting to play this game I have followed the population from server to server to find the best gaming content.

I have seen all the players from the western pacific region slowly quit the game as they have been excluded from all the decisions made by the rest of the world, while our player base was always small, this has always been an indicator of a failed world game when one region completely stops playing.

Looks like I might be the second last one left and once my world friends stop playing that will be it for me as well.

I never thought such a beautiful game would come to such a petty end.

Regards,

PS, will post my review once i quit, so count it as a negative. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malice_s said:

I am from Australia, since starting to play this game I have followed the population from server to server to find the best gaming content.

I have seen all the players from the western pacific region slowly quit the game as they have been excluded from all the decisions made by the rest of the world, while our player base was always small, this has always been an indicator of a failed world game when one region completely stops playing.

Looks like I might be the second last one left and once my world friends stop playing that will be it for me as well.

I never thought such a beautiful game would come to such a petty end.

Regards,

PS, will post my review once i quit, so count it as a negative. 

just ask for refunds

32 minutes ago, Ink said:

Captains, we have said earlier there will be changes:

but why such a one sided change. You are effectively telling a very large chunk of your player base, "You don't matter, go play by your self." Do you really think that will help this game at all? 

There is no need to do this right now, it will kill RVR for all US timezone players. I know you guys can come up with a better solution hell several have been posted. Come on, this just looks bad, once the game launches and people see all this favoritism crap on the forums, what you think they are going to do? OH MAN I want to be part of this shit show? 

I really though you all where better then this, you just started the beginning of the end. 

Edited by Daguse
  • Like 2

Again, moronic ideas put forward by faffing about and listening to perceived grievances rather than real issues.

Welcome to the post-truth world, folks.

The large majority of the player base continue to play Naval Action because of 1) spiting their opponents 2) waiting to be able to call themselves the "winner" while pissing on the ashes of this would-be great game, and 3) because of the people they have met and continue to play with.

Telling 1/3 of the people who play on the active servers that they are basically unwanted and are subsequently going to be locked out of the only seemingly worthwhile activity a.k.a RvR (even if I dispute this), isn't going to help anything. All it will do is force US players out of the game, thus quitting permanently, and most likely the large majority of non-US players that enjoy playing alongside them following suit.

But of course, that is the whole point. It's not to help the game, but to give the Eastern Alliance an advantage in the timezones that they decide are "proper" to play within.

Tl;dr; go to hell.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Daguse said:

but why such a one sided change. You are effectively telling a very large chunk of your player base, "You don't matter, go play by your self." Do you really think that will help this game at all? 

There is no need to do this right now, it will kill RVR for all US timezone players. I know you guys can come up with a better solution he'll several have been posted. Come this just looks bad, once the game launches and people see all this favoritism crap on the forums, what you think they are going to do? OH MAN I want to be part of this shit show? 

I really though you all where better then this, its the beginning of the end. 

Its the end of the beginning.

Big difference ;)

1 minute ago, Crowley said:

Again, moronic ideas put forward by faffing about and listening to perceived grievances rather than real issues.

The large majority of the player base continue to play Naval Action because of 1) spiting their opponents 2) waiting to be able to call themselves the "winner" while pissing on the ashes of this would-be great game, and 3) because of the people they have met and continue to play with.

Telling 1/3 of the people who play on the active servers that they are basically unwanted and are subsequently going to be locked out of the only seemingly worthwhile activity a.k.a RvR (even if I dispute this), isn't going to help anything. All it will do is force US players out of the game, thus quitting permanently, and most likely the large majority of non-US players that enjoy playing alongside them following suit.

But of course, that is the whole point. It's not to help the game, but to give the Eastern Alliance an advantage in the timezones that they decide are "proper" to play within.

Tl;dr; go to hell.

Good Banter

1 minute ago, Crowley said:

Tl;dr; go to hell.

Chill :)

You play the nation with the largest numbers.You dont even need allies ;)

• Like 1

What hello kittying numbers Fenris. Half are probably from the US, with the rest made up of UK/Central Europeans.

Edited by Crowley

Gonna need more information to provide any meaningful feedback instead of speculating.

I have some American friends on the server, but I understand and support the decision to have time slots for port battles.

However a 10 hour window is too much, at 1400 many europeans is still at work or school, you'll have the exact same problem as you do now, where the people in the east will flip early and get easy port battles.

I hope the devs will come about and realize that 1800-2400/0100/0200 would be better, as this is prime time for the server with the most amount of players. 

Night flipping is a huge problem, but so is early day flipping, no alliance is innocent on the matter.

---

I remember back when there were Lord Commanders in the game that set port windows, every day we were "at work" waiting to see if someone would buy a flag, wasting countless hours. With the new system that was fixed, but the problem of late night/early day flips persist.

While everyone is complaining that this will lock out some players, I think people should play against people in their own prime time and that it will be healthier for the game when people don't have to stay up super late just for a PB, which the enemy might not even show up to.

---

From my own Alliance I've seen nightflipping being used to take ports easier, and then defend them in our prime time. This is obviously not fair in a RVR game..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aegir said:

Gonna need more information to provide any meaningful feedback instead of speculating.

Probably the main problem with NA's development/player dynamic. Bad information, poorly managed information, poorly worded information.

As I understand it they will keep the two server system until launch, with each server using its own conquest windows. This will be all right by me, an NA player on EU, if the EU conquest window extends late enough in Europe that I can catch a battle before dinner. I'm used to an Anglo-American clan doing its major operations in this time slot. At launch, they may very well unify the servers in conjunction with the global wipe and some new system of setting battle windows and battle timers. And, hopefully, a system to easily switch between nations until we all settle in.

If so, horray. A major influx of players and a reset of the alliance board may well push the timezone problem into the dustbin.

My feedback: add more content instead of trying to create a limited window for pbs. It's a global server, that's where it ends. If you don't want it that way fine but u r cutting ur population even more. 

ADD MORE CONTENT ADD MORE CONTENT. That's all anyone could want. 

This game right now is just a  waste of time because it's only combat and then? There is nothing. So focus on actually improving the game and not releasing something only to revert the changes a few months forward. Wasting ur time on shit like this is killing your game, wouldn't like this to become DAYZ.

Improve trading, improve open world, add random encounters/events like crew rioting cuz u don't feed the bastards or don't provide weapons for the new boarding system that I want to see, make it available to get out of your ship and get on land. THIS is the way to make this game good, honestly I don't understand anyone who would want this to be a PEW PEW fest like it is now with no meaningful background. I want reasons to fight etc. There are so many interesting ideas with this concept of game and tbh it's just heartbreaking to see this type of shit happen, arguing about hello kittying timezones in a global server game and wasting development time.

TL;DR get over this shit and focus on adding content

Edited by wafflez1g
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Its the end of the beginning.

Big difference ;)

You really think making such stupid decisions is good for them?  Not for you to play but overall for the success of the game? 

What cause I really don't see how alienating 3rd of the player base is going to do that. 

for cryin out loud . you guys have a great game and a great community. ppl from all around the world play together. don't matte if russion , german , japanese , american , australien , french etc. now you want to change that because of night flips ? there has to be a better solution than tellin ppl they gotta move to another server to enjoy the whole game. don't get me wrong i love the game , it's a masterpiece but i really don't get the point here.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wafflez1g said:

My feedback: add more content instead of trying to create a limited window for pbs. It's a global server, that's where it ends. If you don't want it that way fine but u r cutting ur population even more. 

ADD MORE CONTENT ADD MORE CONTENT. That's all anyone could want. 

This game right now is just a hello kittying waste of time because it's only combat and then? There is nothing. So focus on actually improving the game and not releasing something only to revert the changes a few months forward. Wasting ur time on shit like this is killing your game, wouldn't like this to become DAYZ.

Improve trading, improve open world, add random encounters/events like crew rioting cuz u don't feed the bastards or don't provide weapons for the new boarding system that I want to see, make it available to get out of your hello kittying ship and get on land. THIS is the way to make this game good, honestly I don't understand anyone who would want this to be a PEW PEW fest like it is now with no meaningful background. I want reasons to fight etc. There are so many interesting ideas with this concept of game and tbh it's just heartbreaking to see this type of shit happen, arguing about hello kittying timezones in a global server game and wasting development time.

TL;DR get over this shit and focus on adding content

They can't, their friends keep bitching about night flips. 

3 hours ago, Daguse said:

Hey Devs.... not sure if you are aware, but you do have players that are not in the EU..... 

2 hours ago, Daguse said:

so the options are.... 

1. Or lock an entire group of players out of the RVR. 

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

Yet you openly advocate killing the game for US players.  

There were other statements that someone is forcing US players OUT FROM THE GAME. Which is BS.

There are 2 servers

1. PvP One EU
  2. PvP Two US

Proof 

FcR4YWJ.jpg

EU = European Union. It is for EU players it is conveniently located in Europe for lower pings .. etc etc etc.

This whole problem arises from an an issue of framing and some design mistakes.

Framing.. Framing the problem as negative changes your attitude to the problem as well.  US players are trying to frame this problem as a crusade against them. No. Us players think they are forced out. No.  In reality EU players are forced out by nightflips. And an issue have to be addressed. 

To avoid framing issues we can propose the following solution. Which will address the framing and show that US players are wrong about being forced out.

1. We will create a new EU server with EU timezones. We will transfer all (willing) EU players to that server. 
  2. We will rename PvP One EU into PvP Global (merging it with PVP USA)
  3. EU players will leave to EU server if they wish (but i guarantee the majority will leave).

It just looks ridiculous that US players DONT want to understand EU player problems but still want to force them to be playing together.
We will handle EU player problems the way EU players want without affecting current servers. This will change framing from force out to leave everything as is :)

The reaction of US players just shows that no compromise is possible. Majority of EU players don't want to play with PBs at 5am.

• Like 31

5 minutes ago, admin said:

There were other statements that someone is forcing US players OUT FROM THE GAME. Which is BS.

There are 2 servers

1. PvP One EU
  2. PvP Two US

Proof 

FcR4YWJ.jpg

EU = European Union. It is for EU players it is conveniently located in Europe for lower pings .. etc etc etc.

This whole problem arises from an an issue of framing and some design mistakes.

Framing.. Framing the problem as negative changes your attitude to the problem as well.  US players are trying to frame this problem as a crusade against them. No. Us players think they are forced out. No.  In reality EU players are forced out by nightflips. And an issue have to be addressed. 

To avoid framing issues we can propose the following solution. Which will address the framing and show that US players are wrong about being forced out.

1. We will create a new EU server with EU timezones. We will transfer all (willing) EU players to that server. 
  2. We will rename PvP One EU into PvP Global (merging it with PVP USA)
  3. EU players will leave to EU server if they wish (but i guarantee the majority will leave).

It just looks ridiculous that US players DONT want to understand EU player problems but still want to force them to be playing together.
We will handle EU player problems the way EU players want without affecting current servers. This will change framing from force out to leave everything as is :)

The reaction of US players just shows that no compromise is possible. Majority of EU players don't want to play with PBs at 5am.

Alright, so if you do this you are practically killing your game.

If you want to achieve things like this you need a healthy playerbase

SPOILER ALERT - THERES FKIN NONE

So leave this out of the way and proceed as I suggested above. PLEASE.

• Like 1