Game-Labs Forum
admin

Ship wipe - coming soon!

From how I'm reading your posts admin it can seem that you either want full asset wipe or only ship wipe, can you clarify please?

I along with many others hope it will be a full asset wipe, maybe even map reset? 

Right now the game is bloated with tons of gold, materials and resources, so please give everyone a clean slate so we can test properly.

• Like 6

I am a bit confused. Recently admin was saying that the game would have many duras in order to enhance pvp. Now they totally changed their mind. It seems so very random everything. A bit clueless.

It's like they don't aim at all but listen to the handfull of players with loudest voices.

PvP will die out as no one likes to risk ships they can't have. One duras will only be a good thing for good players. Less than average players won't have a chance and need to do pve instead. Hence we loose pvp play. It's not rocket science.

• Like 2

gamelabs said:

• 1 durability for ships of the line did not achieve its required goal and is removed. It did not have any effect on rich veterans and was just punishing casuals who left the game instead of converting into pvp/conquest players because they lost the ships they worked so hard on. All linesips now have 3 durabilities with the corresponding increase of required resources.

Now what?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fox2run said:

I am a bit confused. Recently admin was saying that the game would have many duras in order to enhance pvp. Now they totally changed their mind. It seems so very random everything. A bit clueless.

It's like they don't aim at all but listen to the handfull of players with loudest voices.

PvP will die out as no one likes to risk ships they can't have. One duras will only be a good thing for good players. Less than average players won't have a chance and need to do pve instead. Hence we loose pvp play. It's not rocket science.

2 minutes ago, Shrez said:

gamelabs said:

Now what?

Community feedback, capped ships were useless, because they only had 1 dura and no one risks good modules on 1 dura ships.

Now ships will be cheaper to manufacture, as admins said 3 dura 1st rates would be 3x as expensive, so when they reduce dura costs will also be reduced.

You also no longer risk losing expensive ass modules, which is a boon to everyone.

• Like 2

Yes, but how do you know these will be good changes? 

What if these are horrible changes and everyone hates them?  Then we've lost all our ships and we've lost our game.  Is there any empirical (proven) evidence that these changes are the right direction? Or is this just an experiment that will require a subsequent future wipe if it proves to be a bad direction to go in?

Do a full asset wipe (leave XP the same) and merge the pvp servers at the same time.  I'm willing to bet quite a few folks would take the opportunity to switch nations, maybe really shake some things up.

• Like 2

My only concern is Devs might hurt new players and leave them without their hard earned boats grounded. I think Developers should provide a simple battle ready 1 dura ship for all low lvls and simple 1 dura frigate for all other levels. Why? because you don't wan't to ground all players in ports looking for ships. Instead give them a simple Frigate and Rattler to start with. Leaving players with 0 boats will trigger anger in our brains and might even result in 'I don't want to invest anymore time in this.'

Those without cash will be hurt the most. Cutter means hard work and many hours for those new guys to get into something better. 

Another option is to give cash bonus to all players. 

What do you say? 

Edited by Ned Loe
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Ned Loe said:

My only concern is Devs might hurt new players and leave them without their hard earned boats grounded. I think Developers should provide a simple battle ready 1 dura ship for all low lvls and simple 1 dura frigate for all other levels. Why? because you don't wan't to ground all players in ports looking for ships. Instead give them a simple Frigate and Rattler to start with. Leaving players with 0 boats will trigger anger in our brains and might even result in 'I don't want to invest anymore time in this.'

What do you say? 

There is a thing called basic cutter.

• Like 1

Guys, this is alpha. I know, that devs can hurt new players, old players... Oh God, they can hurt everyone, but current system isn't the best, so they need to try change it if they want find this "best system". I know about ship wipe for more than half year, cause it was said that before release we will lose them. We shouldn't be shocked or angry. Now we are kind of testers. Its why we have to test every idea of devs. And i have good feelings about this changes. Im only afraid, that because of them port battles will be dead (cause there will be no sense in fighting for ports).

Edited by Mikocen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hethwill said:

I think the 1 dura and the new rewards system ( check testbed notes ) do complement each other perfectly in paper.

Imagine how this would complement with the removal of OW AI fleets and forts. PvP everywhere :wub:

Edited by JonSnowLetsGo
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mikocen said:

port battles will be dead (cause there will be no sense in fighting for ports).

Why Dead? Explain 

Edited by Ned Loe

With new system of regional bonuses (With material which u can bring to other port) there will be no pression on capturing ports. Maybe "dead" is too strong word, but nowadays there is sens in fighting for ports with specific bonus. With this change alone captains can turn on smugler mode, and buy bonus from enemy port which will weaken need of capturing regions. :/

Edited by Mikocen

6 hours ago, Ned Loe said:

If you capture a Player that sailed Surprise for 2 weeks and unlocked all perks/slots - his ship will have everything unlocked and will be considered 'Gold' or 'Legendary'. I don't think NPCs will sail 'All Unlocked' Ships. The longer you sail your favorite ship the better it will get. Correct me if I am wrong...

I dont devs mean grey or gold has anything to do with locked/unlocked perks.

I think they meant to be ship quality. If crafted by player it has better customization and region bonuses setups. The ship itself is better.

Unlock skills-perks for this ship is like your officer perks but ship specific. Those are independed from ships.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mikocen said:

With new system of regional bonuses (With material which u can bring to other port) there will be no pression on capturing ports. Maybe "dead" is too strong word, but nowadays there is sens in fighting for ports with specific bonus. With this change alone captains can turn on smugler mode, and buy bonus from enemy port which will weaken need of capturing regions. :/

But ports are not only regional bonus. They are also rare resources like live oak. 

With one ship dura, players will be more cautious. How on earth would this enhance pvp? 

Can anyone explain this to me in an objective way? 

Tnx

• Like 1

It's going to be interesting to try this fresh approach; will ships feel more unique? Will the game be less gear-dependant (i.e. skill>gear)? What will happen when captured ships are on equal footing with crafted ships?

Can't wait to see how it turns out.

That's me being optimistic. Now this concerns me:

8 hours ago, admin said:

we will test 1 dura ships before release to close this door once and for all

Hopefully it doesn't mean that the 1 durability system will be implemented shoddily only to show us that you were right all along, that it doesn't work. This method seems familiar to me somehow.

I'm sure it's just imprecise English and that I'm reading too much into it... As I said in one of the threads about this, 1 durability can't be tested in isolation: Crafting, upgrades, etc. need to be tweaked at the same time - and it seems like this is what's going to happen. Hopefully.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jnovotny6 said:

So we keep our gold?

Looks like it, anyone plz?

16 minutes ago, fox2run said:

With one ship dura, players will be more cautious. How on earth would this enhance pvp? 

Can anyone explain this to me in an objective way? 

Tnx

Why would players be more cautious?

We won't lose upgrades with this new system (which was the main reason that 1 durability ships weren't sailed before), so we won't have to be cautious for them, and ships will be easily obtainable by capture (additionally a 1-durability ship should be cheaper than the full 5-durability package), so ships in themselves won't be hard to come by.

Capturing a ship from an enemy will now give you a perfectly use-able ship (maybe with some unique feature?) in contrast to the current system where captures (other than 1st rates) are broken up or sold for scraps -> PvP more meaningful. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, admin said:

WOW DEVS THIS IS AMAZING !! 

i realy like the update !! this will make the game better hopefully!

very good to see where going into the right direction!

• Like 1

Please make up your mind about features you want to include in this game, devs.

• Like 1