Game-Labs Forum
admin

Ship wipe - coming soon!

1 hour ago, admin said:

Dear Captains. 

It is an important announcement. As promised last Autumn - we are bringing significant changes to your vessels that will streamline and improve the experience removing a lot of pain points from ship fitting and crafting. It will also solve the problem of ships being less expensive than some upgrades.

Here is what will happen.

Ships

1. Ships lose their quality levels - as it was deemed redundant
  2. All Ships become have 1 durabilty as it should have been from the start
  3. All captured/crafted ships are grey
    I think this is saying everyone that has a blueprint can make the Ship but the upgrades are determind by you skill in Ship? So if you Have what ever skills (Badges) for that ship you just capped it really not grey
  4. You accumulate experience level sailing that particular vessel
    Time Sink For Steam Badges I get something to do
  5. By sailing that vessel you unlock better options for that vessel class. If you lose that vessel in battle you still have that experience and can use those unlocked better options in the future. 
    Badges, I get that more or less perm upgrades if you spend the Time (Time Sinks)
  6. Example - after a lot of months at sea in the surprise your surprise will surprise any fresh leda captain, if you lose that surprise you still know how to sail it well. 
    I can see it now 400 people online 360 on auto Sail headed east at slowest speed to la la Land.  With a macro moving the mouse every 10 mins
  7. You don't need to search or worry for rare upgrades anymore (if you have them)
    Cave to the 90% Carebears again,  Its ok, if you didn't spend that much time playing the game here you go. Set point east come back after reset do it again. Until you get upgrade no need to PVP.  Dose not matter how they do this that is how 99% will do it. I know, I would in a boat I didn't really like.

Upgrades 

1. Upgrades/refits are no longer craftable. 
    What happens is now Silver useless
  2. Upgrades/refits lose the quality level and no longer can be lost.
    You have to earn your upgrades for each Ship not just get them, Steam Badges I get this  
  3. Upgrades/refits finally have size requirements. (large pumps can only be installed on large ships)
    OK Duh
  4. Upgrades/refits can be received in the admiralty and/or as loot items
    Steam badges I get this
  5. Upgrades/refits are basically turned into ship skills
    Again Steam Badges I get
  6. Example: If you have Spanish Silk Sail and a Naked angel figurehead - you won't ever lose them if you lost your ship

Crafting

1. Regional bonuses turn into refit items/blueprints
    All Regions are now useless attack or defend
  2. Shipyards will be brought back
    Makes You buy an alt account because you will never have enough room for Store everything at 1 port, you build ships at 2 dose not even come close if you build every thing
  3. Example: You can buy bermuda refit in bermuda, bring it to shipyards in Port Royal and refit your ship there
    Again make it Region Usless any one with a smugler flag can go put a buy contract for live oak or what ever they might need for resources. 

These changes will make all existing ships obsolete and impossible to use due to database structure changes. As a result all ships and upgrades will be removed/deleted from the game

ETA - Estimated time - within 30 days but not less than 2 weeks from this announcement.
Changes will be rolled out to testbed first

All current crafted or captured ships will be removed from the game
All Upgrades will be removed from the game
All Permanent upgrades will be removed from the game

Ship blueprints will not change significantly so you can and are encouraged to stockpile resources and materials for ship crafting after the wipe.

Apologies for all the inconvenience caused. 

1. So now there is absolutely no reason to PVP ever nothing is Gained  (Well there may be a Badge or 2 you get once,  maybe some hard one Like sink 200 1st rates, That only a few will get because no one ever pvps anymore or use ALTs to get and because they really suck at PVP)
  2. Nothing is Lost, No need to fight over County's. If you can Sail up and get a what ever 
  3. Got to Have an Atl account if you want to build a lot of different stuff, Nowhere close to enough storage space even with 2 if you build everything
  4. All High level Ship building will be located in about 3 spots maybe 4 we hope, But more likely 2. Hope that newb knew where to setup his Shipyard.
  5.  Once the 2-4 Ship building hubs are established.  That is were you will find everything to build ships if they buy or sell it on the market (Most wont they will horde for friends and Clan) Traders will run in and out of Port constantly people Doing missions for XP not hostility unless right next to that free port.  So the county to left and the right of the Ship building free Port will be 100% at constantly taken port battle away from nations.  That no one cares about because why would you. Can Name 1 right Now La Tortue labor contracts 20 feet away at Port-De-Paix. Don't matter who owns them with Alts on the Seen.
  6. Am I missing anything.

52 minutes ago, fox2run said:

End of pvp as I see it.

What he Said

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JobaSet said:
  1. So now there is absolutely no reason to PVP ever nothing is Gained  (Well there may be a Badge or 2 you get once,  maybe some hard one Like sink 200 1st rates, That only a few will get because no one ever pvps anymore or use ALTs to get and because they really suck at PVP)
  2. Nothing is Lost, No need to fight over County's. If you can Sail up and get a what ever 
  3. Got to Have an Atl account if you want to build a lot of different stuff, Nowhere close to enough storage space even with 2 if you build everything
  4. All High level Ship building will be located in about 3 spots maybe 4 we hope, But more likely 2. Hope that newb knew where to setup his Shipyard.
  5.  Once the 2-4 Ship building hubs are established.  That is were you will find everything to build ships if they buy or sell it on the market (Most wont they will horde for friends and Clan) Traders will run in and out of Port constantly people Doing missions for XP not hostility unless right next to that free port.  So the county to left and the right of the Ship building free Port will be 100% at constantly taken port battle away from nations.  That no one cares about because why would you. Can Name 1 right Now La Tortue labor contracts 20 feet away at Port-De-Paix. Don't matter who owns them with Alts on the Seen.
  6. Am I missing anything.

What he Said

The biggest problem of this game is that Devs do not explain patches well. This not only hurts them, but also hurts their player base. They get angry, players get angry and chaos begins. It's like they shoot themselves in their leg while trying to run. If they only could release 'patch notes for dummies' it would fix many problems here and it would save you time typing all this text. 

Don't you agree?

Read the next Player post under \/

Edited by Ned Loe
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rychu Karas said:

Most of it sounds very promising, Can you provide us more details and explanation how new world order will work.

You can Have or get everything you might need, without the fear of fighting over it and/or losing anything. 

Edited by JobaSet

Finally! But all these sound great to test, and hopefully we'll get some some motivation from people to return to the game. 

I do urge the dev's to simulate production and crafting rates for certain goods at the current server populations, and allow scaling of those as pops increase/decrease. We need to adjust crafting/production rates to support making ships 1/5 as hard/time consuming as it is now (except for line ships). One durability is great but without a thriving, large economy you could be hamstringing it unfairly by restricting production rates. I don't want it to go the way fine woods did and have the players blamed for a poor implementation. I want to see it succeed and want a good, honest implementation that doesn't unfairly burden new players (e.g. fine woods). 

Overall though, great! Let's get to testing!

• Like 3

I really love where this is going. Fully support this change. I actually look forward to testing this.

Edit: this makes every ship loss and capture meaningful, this makes crafters have a reason to craft. I understand that players are attached to their ship and when ot's lost it may be devastating, but they will also be able to get another just as easily.

Finally something I can say to old players who stopped playing to bring them back again.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, fox2run said:

End of pvp as I see it.

give it a chance. so long as the player run economy is allowed to play out and also i really hope they give players more room for ships in their ports, this is a good thing i think. Lets give it a chance.

Example - after a lot of months at sea in the surprise your surprise will surprise any fresh leda captain, if you lose that surprise you still know how to sail it well. 
I can see it now 400 people online 360 on auto Sail headed east at slowest speed to la la Land.  With a macro moving the mouse every 10 mins

I fear that will be a problem. I hope they find a solution to prevent that. Maybe giving XP only while player is in a battle instance with active enemies.

Edited by Sven Silberbart

Will there be any refund for the ships that are taken away? My biggest fortune (which is small for you guys I reckon) currently is invested in ships, which basically means I lose pretty much everything I have. It would be kind of great if I could buy some ships after the wipe so I can actually keep playing without having to back to a Cutter.

Edited by LordMustang

3 hours ago, admin said:

It will also solve the problem of ships being less expensive than some upgrades.

All Ships become have 1 durabilty as it should have been from the start

Ship blueprints will not change significantly so you can and are encouraged to stockpile resources and materials for ship crafting after the wipe.

Edited by AfkSailor

20 minutes ago, Sven Silberbart said:

I fear that will be a problem. I hope they find a solution to prevent that. Maybe giving XP only while player is in a battle instance with active enemies.

good god no, there has to be a better way than that!

16 minutes ago, LordMustang said:

Will there be any refund for the ships that are taken away? My biggest fortune (which is small for you guys I reckon) currently is invested in ships, which basically means I lose pretty much everything I have. It would be kind of great if I could buy some ships after the wipe so I can actually keep playing without having to back to a Cutter.

In 2016 the game has done the number of experiments and because of those experiments the amount of resources or wealth due to bugs or welfare for early access does not allow to tune the economy for the release state. It was known in advance and we have said before that assets will be wiped several times before the release.  We absolutely need to do this wipe to see if everything we learnt over last year will be applied successfully.

Wipes are impossible on release date, thus they have to be done now. Participants of the early access will be rewarded on release for all the pain. 

• Like 24

Just now, admin said:

In 2016 the game has done the number of experiments and because of those experiments the amount of resources or wealth due to bugs or welfare for early access does not allow to tune the economy for the release state. It was known in advance and we have said before that assets will be wiped several times before the release.  We absolutely need to do this wipe to see if everything we learnt over last year will be applied successfully.

Wipes are impossible on release date, thus they have to be done now. Participants of the early access will be rewarded on release for all the pain. 

I suggests a full wipe.

(ducks for cover)

• Like 16

it will be the best update since the release of the armor, but it would be nice next time, the developers released "good running things" in Eve Online faster, and not a year after the open alpha)

11 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

I suggests a full wipe.

(ducks for cover)

Ned Loe orders his crew to open all gunports, run out the guns and hold fire while sharpening his butcher's knife and listening to his black flag flapping in the distance displaying a skeleton painted in human blood. 

Edited by Ned Loe
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, NavalActionPlayer said:

How will the new regional refits be crafted? Do you just need an OP in one of the region's ports to craft them or will you need a shipyard as well?

It's a new material i guess. You can buy it in the regions and then for example craft strong hul ships in your capital

Edited by rediii

Just now, rediii said:

It's a new material i guess. You can buy it in the regions and then for example craft strong hul ships in your capital

Yeah - could be or could be something we have to build, it's not clear yet. Hopefully Devs will clarify soon.

1 minute ago, NavalActionPlayer said:

Yeah - could be or could be something we have to build, it's not clear yet. Hopefully Devs will clarify soon.

But it is clear

Crafting

1. Regional bonuses turn into refit items/blueprints
  2. Shipyards will be brought back
  3. Example: You can buy bermuda refit in bermuda, bring it to shipyards in Port Royal and refit your ship there

So you need a OP and a shipyard in any port you want and you can craft any regional bonus you want in your shipyard

16 minutes ago, admin said:

I fully understand the wipe, but with the current inflation I can barely buy a single ship back after the wipe, which basically renders the game unplayable for me. It would be really nice to receive some kind of refund so I can at least buy a ship back that belongs to my rank. Even a small frigate costs 2 million nowadays. Also, am I still considered a participant of Early Access, even though I bought the game on Steam?

Would also be good to get clarity on whether there will be some sort of recompense (and what sort) for the ships and upgrades that are wiped. The sooner we get an answer the better, so that we know whether to hang on to them to get the compensation as the wipe or to break them up and/or fight them till they are lost before the  wipe. Even if the answer is that there will be no compensation, that's ok, we just need to know so we can deal with it.