Game-Labs Forum
admin

Ship wipe - coming soon!

1 hour ago, admin said:

we will test 1 dura ships before release to close this door once and for all

Just make sure you teleport players to their desired Port with outpost that will have extra ships ready to sail, dumping them into the nearest friendly port will kill the game. 

In addition increase OS travel speeds, it still hurts your player base. For example I have people ready to play if they can sail faster on OS and waste less time. With actual times required to play this game many refuse to come back. 

Edited by Ned Loe
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Ned Loe said:

Just make sure you teleport players to their desired Port with outpost that will have extra ships ready to sail, dumping them into the nearest will kill the game. 

Exit to nearest outpost aye.

1 hour ago, admin said:

Example: You can buy bermuda refit in bermuda, bring it to shipyards in Port Royal and refit your ship there

Shame about loosing all the ships but in my opinion worth it as the changes looks promising.

1 thing is, please allow also refits to drop in OW, PB's, Raids and from Admirality store. Currently people who are not much into PB's are still dependand from players who fights them (nothing against them) and tottaly dependand from decisions made by often self proclaimed leaders of the community (realm, alliance), who are not always good example to follow. Not everyone might like spending their precious time in their company which is supposed to be relaxing, opposite to listening someones rants. And dear Lord, those bad emotions sometimes spread like Venericus disease. Please consider. Byebye 

Edited by Borch
  • Like 1

Obviously just my initial thoughts..

1. Either upgrade for ship learnt by         (a) time at sea OK will AFK at night to level it quickly.                                               (B) xp from fights OK will kill AI fleets with clan or missions do 10 Max rank HOORAY another pve xp grind NO FUN..

2. 1 dura let's be honest if you don't fix BR for tagging in PB fleets I can see a hell of a lot more grief/tags or screening as its called in poor ships.

3. How does making upgrades link to ship type promote a wider variety of ships in my docks. i.e let's say I have learnt all skills on surprise my surprise sinks (boohoo) I get back to dock to craft a new ship of that rate, WHY would I choose to dis advantage myself & pick a different ship in class that I've not learnt anything on I mean come on I'm just going to have fleets of every ship I have learnt everything on already.. I'm just going to stop here.....

• Like 1

I admit finally we can see bright light in a tunnel. I like most of it and one durability is the best news. You may consider or server merge or resize world to fit low population in case not all people who bought game will back in next few months. Lot of my friends said they love game but simple don`t have time to sail few hours - its fun killer factor. Despite all i wish you to finish this game and make it more playable and user friendly. 

• Like 3

I really like 1 duro for all ships implementation. Back in real history the ships were prizes and were rarely sunk, captains rather boarded them and collect their riches. Getting exp for perticular ship also seems logical step. So its way more logical that skills of sailing a vessel come to captain and not on ship upgrades. Why would someone that sails Renomee for the first time go 16knots? Where is the logic in that. He should work his way up to become experienced sailor for that ship. But some upgrades could still be ship bounded, but they should be way more accesible = no midgrade notes needed to make them.

BTW question for devs, will you implement structure dmg (from testbed) as well in this new ship system? I tried it and i liked it. Problem atm is if you sternrake the ships only crew and some cannons gets killed, no real dmg to the ship. You could sterncamp first rate and shoot at her to infinity without sinking it...crazy.

• Like 1

So...

All the hours spent planning a build for a ship - wasted
All the hours spent getting materials for the ship - wasted
All the hours spent getting upgrades for the ship - wasted
All the hours spent getting the right paint for the ship - wasted

All i see is Devs running low on new stuff to add, so to make people keep playing, they remove everything. 

• Like 3

waznewz, playing games is waste of time in general! The only difference is if you like this waste of time or not. I am also a crafter, i just crafted another SH Locean yesterday to find it will soon be wiped...

• Like 1

Just now, waznewz said:

So...

All i see is Devs running low on new stuff to add, so to make people keep playing, they remove everything. 

Seemingly you didn't pay attention to the Development announcements.

This is the fifth(?) time a wipe has happened. It is necessary to do so as to deploy all the new mechanics.

Announcement of the wipe has a lot of notes already opening the blinds to the new crafting as announced also previously.

During testing/development phase access it is accepted by all that "disruption of service" and "loss of assets" will be a reality.

A waste of what ? Hobby time ?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, waznewz said:

So...

It's Early Access Betta testing. Wipe was promised in any case.

13 minutes ago, waznewz said:

So...

1. By sailing that vessel you unlock better options for that vessel class. If you lose that vessel in battle you still have that experience and can use those unlocked better options in the future. 

Read more carefully please, your XP on the ship that you have used and lost will remain and you can use that XP to unlock same slots in the next 'same' ship. Even some upgrades will remain in your possession. 

Edited by Ned Loe

4 minutes ago, Captain Mulec said:

waznewz, playing games is waste of time in general! The only difference is if you like this waste of time or not. I am also a crafter, i just crafted another SH Locean yesterday to find it will soon be wiped...

You are a tester don't get soft now. 

All this seems to me rather positive except that: Upgrades / refits can be received in the admiralty and / or as loot items

If I understand correctly, this means that the upgrades will only be accessible by events that only permet to"buy" at the Admiralty Shop. The money of the game is useless and, therefore, neither trade.

Alanxo Despleased trader

1378/5000

Top DEVS you are to destroy top game.
You have a functioning battlesystem distressed.
- A bad BR system introduced
-no Coastguard can drive more
- to reward can jump with booty and ships into the next port.
I have already pointed out a few weeks ago that after further garbage measures, of game improvement can not speak since July 2016 more.
The number of players will move downwards.
Since my start in May 16 have been through these top measures:
-Massive crew losses -500 Gold a crewmember a big Joke!
-BR System inclusive Jump to the friendly Port! 2nd Big Joke
The constant work on the Battlemechanik is evidence of helplessness, but rather has been committed to land slaughter, promised for a year
You just do something for an elite class of players who are loudest screaming and not for the majority of the players.
The trade system and the PB system have been very successful, but your Russian brothers and their friends are already screaming!
Since I started in May 2016, more than 1800 players have stopped.
I thought a game lives by the number of active players.
But this logic does not apply in the former Soviet Union.
These innovations ship and shipyards testify to your interests to the players and CUSTOMERS. Great fun when pushing down the number of players

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ned Loe said:

You are a tester don't get soft now. 

Well im not getting soft, i like new changes even though i will loose all my golden ships. But i have too many ships anyway so i like idea that it wont actually matter if ship is crafted or captured... means no need for having so many only golden ships and breaking all captured ones.

Two posts hidden. Stick to the Announcement discussion.

Rules are clear.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alanxo said:

All this seems to me rather positive except that: Upgrades / refits can be received in the admiralty and / or as loot items

If I understand correctly, this means that the upgrades will only be accessible by events that only permet to"buy" at the Admiralty Shop. The money of the game is useless and, therefore, neither trade.

Alanxo Despleased trader

That's why they need to add such items to Trade. It will be ok then. If I got 2 mods I will sell one on the market and so on. Mod drop rates will be tuned as we play I hope. 

Edited by Ned Loe

20 minutes ago, Tiargo said:
1378/5000Top DEVS you are to destroy top game.
You have a functioning battlesystem distressed.
- A bad BR system introduced
-no Coastguard can drive more
- to reward can jump with booty and ships into the next port.
I have already pointed out a few weeks ago that after further garbage measures, of game improvement can not speak since July 2016 more.
The number of players will move downwards.
Since my start in May 16 have been through these top measures:
-Massive crew losses -500 Gold a crewmember a big Joke!
-BR System inclusive Jump to the friendly Port! 2nd Big Joke
The constant work on the Battlemechanik is evidence of helplessness, but rather has been committed to land slaughter, promised for a year
You just do something for an elite class of players who are loudest screaming and not for the majority of the players.
The trade system and the PB system have been very successful, but your Russian brothers and their friends are already screaming!
Since I started in May 2016, more than 1800 players have stopped.
I thought a game lives by the number of active players.
But this logic does not apply in the former Soviet Union.
These innovations ship and shipyards testify to your interests to the players and CUSTOMERS. Great fun when pushing down the number of players

Some of this is true, unfortunately we have to work with what we have. We have to help Devs out, since it is a very chaotic development for this young team. There is nothing we can do about it. Everyone has their own ways on how to approach development. Some work better some work worse. We can not rate them high, but we can give them credit for unstoppable work in trying to fix things and deliver the product. They listen to most of our ideas and many already in the game. I won't judge until game release, but I will help them as much as possible. My final Rating will land on their company name after It's officially released there is no escape from that. 

Edited by Ned Loe

1 hour ago, admin said:

we will test 1 dura ships before release to close this door once and for all

Hope you have a player base left after this test, just saying :D

28 minutes ago, waznewz said:

So...

lolololol your life wasted. read the post again m8, you can keep all your parts and everything you collected.

Oh Dev's is there still a need for MGN, HGN,LGN's?  (notes)

Edited by BadBenny

2 hours ago, admin said:

Crafting

1. Regional bonuses turn into refit items/blueprints
  2. Shipyards will be brought back
  3. Example: You can buy bermuda refit in bermuda, bring it to shipyards in Port Royal and refit your ship there

Will this mean a map reset as well in the near future with changes to regional bonuses etc?

Edited by Aventador

4 minutes ago, Aventador said:

Will this mean a map reset as well?

There was not a single word about map reset, so will there be a map reset? 

1. Will there be any reimbursement for the ships, and upgrades lost to the wipe? 

2. What about low, medium, high notes we may have in our warehouse?  will we lose them to?  will we be reimbursed if we do?

3. will this affect any ship notes we have in our warehouse? (i.e. rattlesnake, pirate frigate. LOcean)

4. will there be any changes as to how we get paints? or the rare ship blueprints?

5. has there been any work on our fleet ships AI? it would be nice if i could tell my fleet ships to demast, and not have them shooting up the enemy ships hull.....

• Like 1