Game-Labs Forum
admin

Ship wipe - coming soon!

14 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Interesting that you feel that you waste your valuable time when you play a digital entertainment product.

Take your Blackwake ( which I play as well by the way, nice game ) to where it belongs. The arena face off alleyway, not the sandbox gallery.

There are players here since the inception of the project. They seen immense changes. Their hours during Trials aren't even recorded on top of the thousands they have on Steam.

You wish to prove them wrong by your own standards.

You won't. They are sure of that.

P.S. - Interesting that you point a game that I love for the nature of perma death. Day Z. Maybe NA should be more like that so the suffering of a wipe wouldn't be so kind, won't you agree ?

I have played enough Sandbox, and MMO's to know a thing or two, but if you start fact checking instead of blindly defending each other you would know tha the game is dying and I am merely trying to demonstrate that the player base is moving on to games that do not constantly wipe progress. I can understand if you wipe my progress after a month in the name of progress but waiting a whole year????

FYI who said that I have not been part of this game from the beginning???? just because your looking at my posts on the forums. Hmmm I wonder what that says about you sir.

I tell you what, If ALL the Devs and I mean ALL the Devs were to reply to my post and say that this was the original idea for the game then I would shut up, until then I will not just sit back and allow something I love to be destroyed. Oh and YES my time is valuable, you would nothing but a Hypocrite to think otherwise, unless you are inciting that my money is not good enough to have a say.

As for Perma death perhaps thats not a bad idea as I am also a founder of Star Citizen and do not fear a Challenge.

Edited by VirtuaStig
Adding additional information
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Powderhorn said:

Wipes have always been promised and expected.  This is an alpha.

Well let's see how long this game will live after all the wipes and how many people will return, if shit hits the fan don't ask how did it happen. Just go check the reviews on Steam, people want content, not wipes, the server pop shows there is a problem. We are trying to rescue the game, not attack the devs, this game is dying and it had a lot of potential.

5 minutes ago, VirtuaStig said:

I have played enough Sandbox, and MMO's to know a thing or two, but if you start fact checking instead of blindly defending each other you would know tha the game is dying and I am merely trying to demonstrate that the player base is moving on to games that do not constantly wipe progress. I can understand if you wipe my progress after a month in the name of progress but waiting a whole year????

FYI who said that I have not been part of this game from the beginning???? just because your looking at my posts on the forums. Hmmm I wonder what that says about you sir.

I tell you what, If ALL the Devs and I mean ALL the Devs were to reply to my post and say that this was the original idea for the game then I would shut up, until then I will not just sit back and allow something I love to be destroyed. Oh and YES my time is valuable, you would nothing but a Hypocrite to think otherwise, unless you are inciting that my money is not good enough to have a say.

As for Perma death perhaps thats not a bad idea as I am also a founder of Star Citizen and do not fear a Challenge.

If you play from the beginning this is certainly not the first nor the second nor the third wipe you experience.

Snappy salute. May we endure yet another one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

If you play from the beginning this is certainly not the first nor the second nor the third wipe you experience.

Snappy salute. May we endure yet another one.

If that's the way everyone feels then this game is dead in my eyes and will soon be in the eyes of steam users if the current bad reviews continue.

But hey they already have our money, just another No Mans Sky I guess.

Cut the melodrama.  It's an alpha.  If you played here as long as you implied, this should be nothing new.  If you have ever played literally any other alpha, this should be nothing new.  If this game is dead in your eyes because of a wipe, then I assure you, early access games are not for you.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Bliksem said:

Well let's see how long this game will live after all the wipes and how many people will return, if shit hits the fan don't ask how did it happen. Just go check the reviews on Steam, people want content, not wipes, the server pop shows there is a problem. We are trying to rescue the game, not attack the devs, this game is dying and it had a lot of potential.

When the gloss of new content wears off then systems that have not been sorted out at a suitable point will become glaringly obvious and the questions will be "Why did you not sort that out?". What this game needs are systems that work, are solid, and then additional features can be added. I know it might seem frustrating that there are wipes and may not seem like large jumps in new content, but it is hopefully for the good of the game in the long run. For example, we have no idea how the economy will be after the redistribution of resources from the October patch, and as we enter a 1-durability ship testing thing, we can find out how available these ships are with a fresh economy and current gold distribution.

Besides, a fresh start can be nice every once in a while. It feels like it has been so long since we've had a wipe, I don't think I can recall when it last happened.

Edited by Rikard Frederiksen
  • Like 2

This games dead....it's all over....that's it I am leaving....I'm off.....the player base is gone.....they've killed this game.....it's eve....it's not eve....yes it is.....my ships....my money......my assets......it's a bit like eve.....it's an Alpha.....when's release.....no one told me........what's eve anyway......doom.......reaper.........death.........add infinitum.....

Pause.

Watch a bit of TV. Take the dog for a walk. Talk to a girl.

Then test the changes and see how they work.....

It's an early access game......live with it.

• Like 6

noob here so I've never seen a wipe.

Wouldn't the correct strategy be to break down all your ships right before the wipe so you have a reasonable supply of raw materials etc., on-hand to rebuild most of them afterwards?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Genma Saotome said:

Wouldn't the correct strategy be to break down all your ships right before the wipe so you have a reasonable supply of raw materials etc., on-hand to rebuild most of them afterwards?

not the worst idea...or take every  fight  you can get and try to learn as much as possible,

• Like 2

5 hours ago, VirtuaStig said:

The "Alpha" excuse was used in games like DayZ, Evolve, the list goes on, tell me where those games are today. Dead the answer is dead. the thing that i can not believe is that passionate players like yourself can sit back and accept this as the only answer to the dying player base, when we have other options like new content. If we take a page from popular MMO's like EVE and many others is that content needs to be interesting instead of constantly changing.

Also this Instance for fights BS does not work why not go the Eve way where the world is the instance not being pulled into a fight. these are viable options to saving the game not wiping every time things seem not go our way.

In order to test the new systems the ships, upgrades, ect must be wiped. The game is in development, the devs shouldn't stop developing the game simply because people won't let go of their stuff...

• Like 1

I propose that the health of the game is far more in danger if we keep the unusable, almost worthless inflated wealth, ship inventory, and cheap mats than it is endangered by a wipe. If we can get a good system, we can build navies and wealth that means something.

I hate to lose players but you probably wouldn't be happy anyway once this is a real game.

• Like 4

Wipe it all Devs!!!!!

Wipe all ships!! Wipe all gold!!! Wipe all materials!!! Wipe all XP!!! Reset ports!!!

NO REDEEMABLES!!!!!

I double dog dare you!!!

Basic cutters and yachts for everyone!!!

My time is valuable and I wanna spend it on the grind!!!!

4 hours ago, Farrago said:

I propose that the health of the game is far more in danger if we keep the unusable, almost worthless inflated wealth, ship inventory, and cheap mats than it is endangered by a wipe. If we can get a good system, we can build navies and wealth that means something.

I hate to lose players but you probably wouldn't be happy anyway once this is a real game.

Agree totally.

5 hours ago, Genma Saotome said:

Gather gold before this wipe, because I have a feeling that ships will be cheaper being 1 dura and replacing easier. Best way to amass gold from a ship is to take missions or take on enemies in do or die and FLF. (Fire like F@#k) rather than sell them or break them. Don't worry about your officer losing levels to much, that may change soon anyway.

Have a blast, earn gold and exp.

And Exp is a non wipeable atribute !

Win-Win situation.

34 minutes ago, Blue Tooth said:

Gather gold before this wipe, because I have a feeling that ships will be cheaper being 1 dura and replacing easier. Best way to amass gold from a ship is to take missions or take on enemies in do or die and FLF. (Fire like F@#k) rather than sell them or break them. Don't worry about your officer losing levels to much, that may change soon anyway.

Have a blast, earn gold and exp.

And Exp is a non wipeable atribute !

Win-Win situation.

On my main pirate I been sitting at 1 life for like over a month now.   I prob shouldn't of been messing around in gunboats so much a while back...lol

Though I have so much xp saved from ships I crafted he would be instantly level 10 with one redeemable. I was kinda wondering what this xp was going to go to after the patch as you won't need it as there won't be the same officers system as we have now.

Though I agree with you lets burn this place down until the patch comes out and have fun.  I mean other than the ships I plan to break down it's not like we are going to be able to keep all this stuff. I all ready been moving my stuff around to make it easier to organize and if they do a merge where I get it all as redeemable from both servers even better.  If they do a full wipe than hell I had fun fighting most of those ships away and will be right out there capturing ships until I can craft something new.  It's part of the fun, part of the testing and what we are suppose to be here for.

• Like 1

i would prefer the idea of leaving e.g 500k gold and enough materials for a 5th rate trader and frigate to each player.that would give especially the vet players a quick start back into the game and hopefully reduce the drama and whining IF the dev plan a wipe.life is always a compromize,isn`t it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

On my main pirate I been sitting at 1 life for like over a month now.   I prob shouldn't of been messing around in gunboats so much a while back...lol

Though I have so much xp saved from ships I crafted he would be instantly level 10 with one redeemable. I was kinda wondering what this xp was going to go to after the patch as you won't need it as there won't be the same officers system as we have now.

Though I agree with you lets burn this place down until the patch comes out and have fun.  I mean other than the ships I plan to break down it's not like we are going to be able to keep all this stuff. I all ready been moving my stuff around to make it easier to organize and if they do a merge where I get it all as redeemable from both servers even better.  If they do a full wipe than hell I had fun fighting most of those ships away and will be right out there capturing ships until I can craft something new.  It's part of the fun, part of the testing and what we are suppose to be here for.

That's what I think. To many people are worried and moaning about wipes and not actually thinking wow! At last I can throw caution to the wind and actually have fun with it at the same time.

As you have said before its Alpha...they wipe.

Those who worry now about a possible full wipe (except xp and craft lvl), what will u do when final release comes ? Coz everything will be wiped then for what i understand.

We need to fully test the new mechanics, and i'd vote for a that wipe.

However, will admins send an e-mail to all player's account informating about the new big changes and maybe give some materials to every1 so ppl that quitted want to come in again and test the game after the patch ? I think this would b a gr8 idea.

What's about Wappen von Hamburg? It was a present at new years eve. Do we get a new one? Or will Wappen von Hamburg become a reward ship like L´Ocean?

12 hours ago, Rikard Frederiksen said:

When the gloss of new content wears off then systems that have not been sorted out at a suitable point will become glaringly obvious and the questions will be "Why did you not sort that out?". What this game needs are systems that work, are solid, and then additional features can be added. I know it might seem frustrating that there are wipes and may not seem like large jumps in new content, but it is hopefully for the good of the game in the long run. For example, we have no idea how the economy will be after the redistribution of resources from the October patch, and as we enter a 1-durability ship testing thing, we can find out how available these ships are with a fresh economy and current gold distribution.

Besides, a fresh start can be nice every once in a while. It feels like it has been so long since we've had a wipe, I don't think I can recall when it last happened.

I don't mind the change, I support the change. I just want the devs to compensate the player's time they have put in. I have put in 619 Hours, which is a lot but other players have put in even more. I will not be able to do that again as the game have not changed that much over time, I reached end game, did port battles and now I'm bored. If they do wipe I will not play until it releases as it might happen again and like I said, there is no new content to keep me interested for another 600hours, or even if they compensate me for my ships, I won't be angry aswell. I agree fully with the change, just not with the wipe and no compensation. And if everyone keeps throwing Alpha in people's face, Dayz did that aswell and it's dead today. I love the change, but compensate me for my time playing. I loved this game and that is why I'm fighting to keep it alive.

29 minutes ago, Bliksem said:

I don't mind the change, I support the change. I just want the devs to compensate the player's time they have put in. I have put in 619 Hours, which is a lot but other players have put in even more. I will not be able to do that again as the game have not changed that much over time, I reached end game, did port battles and now I'm bored. If they do wipe I will not play until it releases as it might happen again and like I said, there is no new content to keep me interested for another 600hours, or even if they compensate me for my ships, I won't be angry aswell. I agree fully with the change, just not with the wipe and no compensation. And if everyone keeps throwing Alpha in people's face, Dayz did that aswell and it's dead today. I love the change, but compensate me for my time playing. I loved this game and that is why I'm fighting to keep it alive.

I just broke 4K on my main account.  Now I'll prob bet 500 of those was me passed out on the keyboard AFK back when they didn't have the AFK kick.  My second account has 2.4K hours and it's only half as old as the first.   So yah some of us have lots of hours, but I know what an EA game is and I knew when I bought it it was an Alpha game in development stage.  I have done a lot of Alpha and Beta testing over the last 20 something years of games so I knew what to expect.  I actually suprised we haven't had half a dozen wipes over the last year.  So folks are lucky, but it's part of the testing we are here to do. I think to many folks don't understand what a EA game is and how they work.   I don't expect to be compensated for anything even upon release.  Hell I was expecting them to wipe Rank and crafting level until they told us we would get to keep that.  So no we don't need to be compensated.  A lot of the stuff folks have they gotten during some very bad mechanics in the game.  Those items do need to be wiped so we can properly test other parts of the game. It's up to the Devs to decide when that time comes.

I'm also an EA of Dayz and I'll be honest they been growing so slow and there lack of content updates pretty much has me not playing the game.  I'll pop in after each patch to check things out but I'll prob not get back into it until, and if it ever gets more to the final stage of the game.   That is the risk you take in a EA game, so if it fails and never gets off the bench of being developted than so be it.   That 20 something bucks I spent was like a few beers at a normal bar or a lap dance at the titty bar.  And I gotten way more enjoyment and longer lasting than I did at that titty bar from either games.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I just broke 4K on my main account.  Now I'll prob bet 500 of those was me passed out on the keyboard AFK back when they didn't have the AFK kick.  My second account has 2.4K hours and it's only half as old as the first.   So yah some of us have lots of hours, but I know what an EA game is and I knew when I bought it it was an Alpha game in development stage.  I have done a lot of Alpha and Beta testing over the last 20 something years of games so I knew what to expect.  I actually suprised we haven't had half a dozen wipes over the last year.  So folks are lucky, but it's part of the testing we are here to do. I think to many folks don't understand what a EA game is and how they work.   I don't expect to be compensated for anything even upon release.  Hell I was expecting them to wipe Rank and crafting level until they told us we would get to keep that.  So no we don't need to be compensated.  A lot of the stuff folks have they gotten during some very bad mechanics in the game.  Those items do need to be wiped so we can properly test other parts of the game. It's up to the Devs to decide when that time comes.

I'm also an EA of Dayz and I'll be honest they been growing so slow and there lack of content updates pretty much has me not playing the game.  I'll pop in after each patch to check things out but I'll prob not get back into it until, and if it ever gets more to the final stage of the game.   That is the risk you take in a EA game, so if it fails and never gets off the bench of being developted than so be it.   That 20 something bucks I spent was like a few beers at a normal bar or a lap dance at the titty bar.  And I gotten way more enjoyment and longer lasting than I did at that titty bar from either games.

I also have done a lot of Alpha testing over 10years or so, basicly everything coming out now is small companies with Alpha games and yes we choose to support them and try to help develop them. But like I said, they are going to wipe anyways, people like you will be the ones who stay and people like me will be the ones who does not come back, I had my fun with this game, this game is going in a downward spirral. The wipe will happen and players will leave, these are facts. So I will leave this argument at that. See you maybe in a couple of years captain or maybe never.