Game-Labs Forum

Pictures from the National Maritime Museum Greenwich

Fluffy Fishy

I went to the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich the other weekend, while I didn't get to spend as much time as I would like there, or see everything in the museum I did take quite a lot of pictures both in the museum itself, and in the Cutty Sark. I have sorted them into 4 categories, mainly to help direct people to their right interests. If you want to know anything particularly about any of the paintings I did take photos of of their little text boxes next to them too, I didn't however upload them.

The highlights of the trip for me was the Nelson's Exhibition (Their Age of Sail room) and Seeing all the different models, especially the large model of the HMS Cornwallis (bizarrely in the kids section). I will have to return at some point when the travel conditions are better, so as to get a proper look at the things I rushed through and the things I missed, likely when there is an exhibition that I really want to see, not the current one on Emma Hamilton.

Anyway Here are the albums, click through here or visit the Imgur links if you want to see them easier

Figureheads and Models:

Paintings:

Maritime Museum Miscellaneous:

Cutty Sark:

Enjoy :)

Edited by Fluffy Fishy
  • Like 10

• 3 weeks later...

Very good quality pictures, thanks for sharing. Brings back vivid memories.

if you are anywhere on the continent, flights acrosss europe can cost as little as 20 pounds ( ryanair, wizzair ), and most museums including greenwich are free. Flying to London to visit its museums over a week end is worth it.

Protip from someone who has spent hundreds of hours there: do not pretend to have nuts to feed the greenwich park squirrels to get them to get on your head, they can get angry. Just grab some nuts before going there. Just sayin' XD

Occasionaly some modern military vessels can be moored there as well.

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard