Game-Labs Forum

Captured Units

Hobo

In an early campaign battle as the Rebs I captured four enemy brigades with a total of about 5K men.  I cannot tell you how excited I was to get all of those guns only to see that none of them were given to me at the end of the battle.  What gives?

Originally I imagine this was to make sure you didn't break the in-game economy by stealing the upwards of 10000 Fayettevilles in one battle (or 7000+ 1855s on Fredericksburg, which is painfully easy to do as CSA).

I imagine a replacement bonus for captures will be implemented whenever the rest of the maps are done; I can't see them giving ways to make the campaign easier while the corps-wide scaling effect is still in play.

13 minutes ago, Wandering1 said:

Originally I imagine this was to make sure you didn't break the in-game economy by stealing the upwards of 10000 Fayettevilles in one battle (or 7000+ 1855s on Fredericksburg, which is painfully easy to do as CSA).

I imagine a replacement bonus for captures will be implemented whenever the rest of the maps are done; I can't see them giving ways to make the campaign easier while the corps-wide scaling effect is still in play.

I actually got 20k m1855s from Antietam and Fredericksburg each.  I still have 12k leftover after Gettysburg.

3 minutes ago, The Soldier said:

I actually got 20k m1855s from Antietam and Fredericksburg each.  I still have 12k leftover after Gettysburg.

Got too many captures on Antietam and Fredericksburg to get that many. On the bright side now, I have a healthy stockpile of CS Richmonds and Fayettevilles after Gettysburg and Chickamauga, on my Union Max Size playthrough.