Game-Labs Forum

Nightflops and the continuing development of a "global server"

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

It all falls on you and your inability to check your community and just play the game on your terms, and let us play the game on ours. Clearly, meeting in the middle is not in your wheelhouse.

What is the middle bro, when its US + EU vs EU?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

Thats bullshit and you know it. Do you know how hard is to enter a PB without being screened? How hard is to win a PB with the geography of Remedios?

You just dont know it cause you took it without a blockade fleet neither a defense fleet inside.

Your entire alliance needs a diaper change. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, North said:

Love this change:D tryed to warn the us to change on the alliance or do less night flips to grief the eastern alliance flipping port at night and only showing with a few ships to drag out the battle with no intent of fighting... you where cocky at that time and now see all the whineing of your own work..

No you will whine in the hope the devs do something else instead, but it is to late.. you set this onto yourself by greifing and now you can reap the rewards.

whole plan of removing flags was to stop the empty port battles and all griefing that lead to... GOOD JOB US NATION YOU FOUND A NEW WAY TO EXPLOIT IT!!!!!

now you can whine all you want it's your own damn fold.. so go to the us server they will start and you can flip all port you want in prime time and get a battle that you most likely don't really want

I'm tired of you calling the US nation exploiters, "muh nightflips", griefers and all kinds of nasty things you can come up with. You are doing the exact same thing over and over with your work hour flips and on weekends you just flip at 5-7am for americans so they have to get up early on a sunday, real jokers. But hey, you can keep calling us the devil in this matter and keep being the hypocrites you have always been. You can see that we set 4 port battles during your peak hours and merely a single one during american peak hours so those who can't play at 20-23 server time get something to do aswell.

I want to ask you one rhetorical question: Have you attacked or aided in attacking a port of the US, British or Dutch? The answer is yes. Now how does that not give us every right in the world to strike back and punish you for it? In real life in war you don't casually wait until your enemies are able to set up a proper defense, you fight to win whatever the cost.

To get back on topic: For all intents and role playing purposes we are at war. If you are not able to set up a 24h defense that's tough luck. We aren't either. If you want an even fight every time you see an enemy ship and NOT a dynamic world that evolves and lives based on its players' decisions actions and mistakes you might aswell go play world of tanks and that type of game or find some friends and queue up for large/small battle within NA. We do NOT want a split playerbase and forced fairness.

Also, does anyone think about the consequences for the US server? The situation will be, as it is already on PVP 2 that you'll have, hyperbolically speaking, 200 players in the US nation and the 3 dudes left will have to split amongst all other nations. How fair is that? I thought you were all about fairness? Can you expalin how this is supposed to work then?

The devs are forced to make difficult decisions and changes because of YOU bitching and moaning every time something "unfair" happens and they don't want to lose you as a player.

20170304150831_1.thumb.jpg.4851ee587044cebf6fd3db62508deac4.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Surathani said:

Your entire alliance needs a diaper change. 

i think we need 2 separate servers and all problems solved. Spain dont cry more and US can take all map whitout spaniards cryers

6 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

You cant speak so much mate when you had to switch nations.

We "had to" do, nothing. We had been talking about leaving since July, and of course childish players exist in every nation. Look in the mirror.

Edited by Surathani

Here's an idea.  Remove effing Port Battles from the game. Actually make people, you know, sail in the OW instead of logging-in for their silly, meaningless colored dots.  All RvR currently does is produce an ever-rotating crop of self-important heroes who come and inevitably go.  Charles Caldwell and Bigvalco are  spitting out their coffee from laughter as we speak...  

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, clebi said:

I'm tired of you calling the US nation exploiters, "muh nightflips", griefers and all kinds of nasty things you can come up with. You are doing the exact same thing over and over with your work hour flips and on weekends you just flip at 5-7am for americans so they have to get up early on a sunday, real jokers. But hey, you can keep calling us the devil in this matter and keep being the hypocrites you have always been. You can see that we set 4 port battles during your peak hours and merely a single one during american peak hours so those who can't play at 20-23 server time get something to do aswell.

I want to ask you one rhetorical question: Have you attacked or aided in attacking a port of the US, British or Dutch? The answer is yes. Now how does that not give us every right in the world to strike back and punish you for it? In real life in war you don't casually wait until your enemies are able to set up a proper defense, you fight to win whatever the cost.

To get back on topic: For all intents and role playing purposes we are at war. If you are not able to set up a 24h defense that's tough luck. We aren't either. If you want an even fight every time you see an enemy ship and NOT a dynamic world that evolves and lives based on its players' decisions actions and mistakes you might aswell go play world of tanks and that type of game or find some friends and queue up for large/small battle within NA. We do NOT want a split playerbase and forced fairness.

Also, does anyone think about the consequences for the US server? The situation will be, as it is already on PVP 2 that you'll have, hyperbolically speaking, 200 players in the US nation and the 3 dudes left will have to split amongst all other nations. How fair is that? I thought you were all about fairness? Can you expalin how this is supposed to work then?

The devs are forced to make difficult decisions and changes because of YOU bitching and moaning every time something "unfair" happens and they don't want to lose you as a player.

20170304150831_1.thumb.jpg.4851ee587044cebf6fd3db62508deac4.jpg

Agreed!!

16 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Here's an idea.  Remove effing Port Battles from the game. Actually make people, you know, sail in the OW instead of logging-in for their silly, meaningless colored dots.  All RvR currently does is produce an ever-rotating crop of self-important heroes who come and inevitably go.  Charles Caldwell and Bigvalco are  spitting out their coffee from laughter as we speak...  

That's a winning idea in my book Vernon.  Hostility based upon OW pvp only, and once it hits 100% in a region the ports flip over automatically.  Force flips based on the fact that actually have to have both sides on the water to do it.

OK, everybody now tell me how stupid I am, lol.  The toxicity in this thread is boiling madness.  :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aegir said:

For one, it cuts right into Aussie primetime (8-9pm). Just another cheerful effect of trying to run global servers, since lest we forget the US server is just as global as the EU one and thus cant have any preferential treatment either, right?

By the way, your signature quote is from the Archer sitcom.

I know this is going to sound harsh but... the devs do have to balance server costs versus paying player base. I don't think there's any doubt that the US market is a big one... if not the biggest one. My issue is with GameLabs being so unresponsive to such a basic request of that major market.

Re Quote: I googled to try to trace it and discovered it had vague origins. One site attributes the earliest known source as Paula Poundstone in 1990 (But it is used frequently in Archer :D)

4 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

...Cause it is clear that the problem is all in the EU community side, ...

How exactly do you plan on backing that statement? I see both sides arguing here, the only difference is that your side, unlike mine, is crying a begging instead of standing up for itself and working on a soution. Maybe this in your eyes looks like you alone are the victim.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

A basic request of a major market... All the US players that play in PVP1 are this "major market"? They have always said they are the underdog, a very small playerbase... and now they represent a major market.

I really wish this kind of info was made available by Gamelabs. But games companies very rarely reveal any info about player base numbers, so GameLabs isn't alone in this. Hell, companies will never admit to how many subscribers actually have played in the last 2 months, let alone info on where they are.

And yes, if players were grouped by country (not continent or timezone), I think the USA would account for a major market share of NA. Why do you think the first kickstarter ship pack is more US ships? Sheer coincidence?

4 hours ago, North said:

Love this change:D tryed to warn the us to change on the alliance or do less night flips to grief the eastern alliance flipping port at night and only showing with a few ships to drag out the battle with no intent of fighting... you where cocky at that time and now see all the whineing of your own work..

No you will whine in the hope the devs do something else instead, but it is to late.. you set this onto yourself by greifing and now you can reap the rewards.

whole plan of removing flags was to stop the empty port battles and all griefing that lead to... GOOD JOB US NATION YOU FOUND A NEW WAY TO EXPLOIT IT!!!!!

now you can whine all you want it's your own damn fold.. so go to the us server they will start and you can flip all port you want in prime time and get a battle that you most likely don't really want

Lol...you came over to warn the US?  No you came over blowing smoke up my ass to try and get us to go night flip for your side.  If we were doing this to the Brits every week and they weren't able to show up and defend I don't imagine this scenario would be playing out the same on the forums as it is now.  

We didn't join you guys because you simply cannot be trusted.  You were willing to kick an ally to the curb to get us in (France) and you demeanor the entire time we talked was pure arrogance.  2 Weeks later you officially closed the door to any sort of negotiations possible with your bullshit "don't attack savannah during christmas or we're going to attack wilmington, but we'll attack wilmington anyway" strategy to get us to back off night flips.  Luckily that campaign of yours flopped and you and the RUS fleet went retirement for a month to hide your shame.  D-N has proven to be untrustworthy, arrogant, disrespectful of it's allies and willing to do whatever it takes to win ports.  The US would have no problem balancing out the alliance sides, but not with you guys involved.  

Exploiting?  Really?  Do we really need to have that discussion?

But you know what, you're right.  The US night flipped itself into this position by seeking out content in it's prime time to keep it's players busy and now we'll be punished for it because the Devs have no idea wtf they are doing with this game.  Shame on us.  Shame on you guys for whining on the forums and potentially getting the Devs to take a position that will ultimately ruin the game.  You think ruining the game for a significant part of an already small population is a smart move to keep an already dying game going?  Probably not.  You guys will have your chance to gloat for a month or 2 until the population dwindles down to nothing because instead of fixing the issues that caused 2000 people to quit this game over the past year your constant bleating like sheep forces the devs to worry about small details like night flips.  The roof is on fire and you guys are worried about the furniture.  

Ink did say nothing is set in stone yet.  So maybe the Devs will save that last bullet in their game of Russian Roulette and not choose to tank their own game quite so soon. In the meantime the US is still around and now we've got an even bigger bug up our ass. 

See you soon...bright and early in Danish waters!

Edited by Christendom

1 hour ago, Vernon Merrill said:

But what about the Russians?  All they do is port battles and as everyone knows they pretty much tell the Devs what to do.  

On 3.3.2017 at 3:09 PM, JonSnowLetsGo said:

No, is much easier: If you are allied with your whole timezone then play fking PvE only, cause thats what you want obviously, and dont ruin the game for all others.

Are you aware that the RvR bullshit going on here effects OW pvp as well. What will you do when it's late or early or just not primetime in you timezone. Are you going to do solo pve. Because that will happen with regional servers.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Throw some weight behind the alternatives that have been proposed, that keep our player base from fracturing and further harming the game. This is the only path towards long-term sustainability. Cry-baby antics and hand wringing over a global game not catering to you is a recipe for a stressful, short and unhappy life for a game.

Oh now you guys are suddenly concerned about harming the game and long-term sustainability.

Most people, including myself, have grown tired of trying to hold a sensible dialogue anymore when each and every time it is dismissed as being salty, whinging, bitching and moaning, and that people should just suck it up. And continue to do so, no less. 

So good luck with that, because I suspect that it will be responded to in kind.

As for myself, looking forward to start playing actively again as soon as it's in effect. :lol: Great news

Just gonna be perfect that people that like to only fight empty or poorly defneded ports at night get bloacked out:)

Perfect world in my mind:p

If this will hurt the game is yet to be desided and won't hurt the game more then the nightflips or griefing the US does atm.

22 hours ago, Ink said:

Captains, he current alliance situation on pvp-1 is that one side have players in US time zone and another don't, which is the root of the problem. We tried to find out the solution that will suit everyone but we did not find it yet unfortunately. Thus, to cut the Gordian knot, we decided that until release there will be two servers, EU and US, with their prime timers. In the remaining development time until release we will still try to find out the solution, and apply it in case of success.

There is a possible alternative which is still in discussions, thus the decision of separated timers is not 100% yet.

Or here's another fun idea...  Lock RvR until the come up with a "solution"...  Admin has suggested this in the past.  Oh my God.  The exploding heads.

5 minutes ago, North said:

Just gonna be perfect that people that like to only fight empty or poorly defneded ports at night get bloacked out:)

Perfect world in my mind:p

If this will hurt the game is yet to be desided and won't hurt the game more then the nightflips or griefing the US does atm.

And yet people still wonder why we didn't join you guys.  Go figure  :-)

You keep saying they aren't gonna be defended, but still keep showing up.  Make up your minds.  And you'll always show up for Ponce or Santa Domingo.  Your pride will always give us a fight if we want one.

See you soon buddy!

Edited by Christendom

Why do u even bother...game wont be released, its dead.

1 year ago it had 2k players, now its barely 400 , and will drop fast.

UK , dutch and usa, have double UTC/GMT. And thats not gonna work.

Uninstalling.

Edited by Trastámara
  • Like 1

intrépido, corazón, déjalos, no malgastes mas el tiempo, que le vamos a hacer si les gusta tomar puerto vacios para stisfacer su ego.

1 minute ago, Alado said:

intrépido, corazón, déjalos, no malgastes mas el tiempo, que le vamos a hacer si les gusta tomar puerto vacios para stisfacer su ego.

I'm ok with the empty ports, my guys got a couple BPs this week.     Thanks!