Game-Labs Forum

Nightflops and the continuing development of a "global server"

Don't worry Christendom, when they offer the good solution that will satisfy the majority of players, these players (like me) will put several hundred of positive steam reviews.

I'm sure those 40/50% of potential USA purchasers will be delighted to play in a dedicated server with their primetime,  

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Don't worry, he says nothing about region locking servers or if it actually is going to happen.  If it does then they'll have another couple hundred negative steam reviews and they'll piss off a lot of potential buyers of NA2.  Remember when dev said that 40/50% of the purchasers of NA came from the USA?  Imagine what would happen if they region lock the game.  Adios Game Labs.  I dare them to do it.  

Anyway, it sounds like our night flipping operation might get cut short.  Better make hay when we can. 

There was a time i had some doubts about you. Now see very clever. You are the most asshole in the whole server. With players like you, the game is dead forever.

Enjoy taking empty ports, i leave the game. Congrats.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Celtiberofrog said:

Don't worry Christendom, when they offer the good solution that will satisfy the majority of players, these players (like me) will put several hundred of positive steam reviews.

I'm sure those 40/50% of potential USA purchasers will be delighted to play in a dedicated server with their primetime,  

Please note Ink said it wasn't 100%, so we'll just have to hang out and wait.  Until then, I'll see you bright and early  :-)

"...Anyway, it sounds like our night flipping operation might get cut short.  Better make hay when we can..."

Christendom, you cannot be so clear here...

4 minutes ago, fremen said:

There was a time i had some doubts about you. Now see very clever. You are the most asshole in the whole server. With players like you, the game is dead forever.

Enjoy taking empty ports, i leave the game. Congrats.

bye-felicia-001-friday-ice-cube-comment-

Just now, Christendom said:

We've been digging it for months.  It was inevitable

At least PVP2 will be fixed for the US timezone I guess. Or was that your scheme all along? ;)

3 hours ago, Ink said:

Captains, he current alliance situation on pvp-1 is that one side have players in US time zone and another don't, which is the root of the problem. We tried to find out the solution that will suit everyone but we did not find it yet unfortunately. Thus, to cut the Gordian knot, we decided that until release there will be two servers, EU and US, with their prime timers. In the remaining development time until release we will still try to find out the solution, and apply it in case of success.

There is a possible alternative which is still in discussions, thus the decision of separated timers is not 100% yet.

So these two servers will just have different pb timers? US players will still be able to play on the EU server? (Assuming this gets implemented) Ive never had any issues with the EU timezone at all in the East Coast USA time zone. I missed battles when im working for sure but it never made the game unplayable by any means. 

Edited by Potemkin

14 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

At least PVP2 will be fixed for the US timezone I guess. Or was that your scheme all along? ;)

You never know  :-)

In all seriousness though, I personally like the aspect of the global sandbox server idea and that's the primary reason I play this game.  I am perhaps more hardcore than some though and my playing habits are not always going to match everyone else.  As long as the 2 servers are TRULY set to the time zones....aka setting battles later than 9pm EST and having the server shut down at like 4-5am, then it should assuage some of the hurt feelings.  I don't necessarily trust the Devs to do that properly though.  We still will run into the issue of having not enough people in total to split between 2 servers and I don't think you EU guys realize just exactly how many American based players there are out there.  This is only ever going to be a niche game and I'm not sure it will ever have the population to support 2 robust servers, but we'll see.  The devs have a proven track record of favoring the EU based players pretty much always, so as I said with the amount of whining being done this was inevitable.  

He did say it was not set in stone, so we'll just have to wait and see.  I don't think we can expect anything for a few months, which still leaves us PLENTY of time.  :-)

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Ketunpoika said:

This you want ----> 3. Lets ban all US players then you have all US ports. GREAT solution!

Thanks to show me what i want, you have reason, i want ban all us players, i want all us ports, your wifes, your sons and mr trump too, and of course, a little of that thing that you smoke.

6 minutes ago, Alado said:

Thanks to show me what i want, you have reason, i want ban all us players, i want all us ports, your wifes, your sons and mr trump too, and of course, a little of that thing that you smoke.

You can have Trump

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Christendom said:

You can have Trump

I am rubber, you are glue.

Edited by Kloothommel

Only thing I can see to do is instead of contention raising via mission (Easy) contention must be raised by raiding that same area during attacking players primetime in order to complete an epic +  event. Maybe external breakwater defense fleet AI + breakwater towers (part 1). A win there schedules a fight in crossover hours every saturday or sunday. With a good 4 hours we all cross over we can fight the invasion stage of all these primetime activities. The U.S players would have to play weekend days, but the EU could play in evenings, and we could work to stagger these better. Face it, what you call a nightflip is called a workflip here. They are the same, and I prefer a global server myself. Designed attack when less enemy are online go both ways day or night.

Of course an invasion stage (part 2) will bring a demand for the best of port battle pvp'ers, but as in the days where our multi attacks generate a high number of logins, I could see weekend days/nights operate with a higher number of players. Frankly, we would all have to swallow the PVE to get the PVP/RVR payoff, but in a sandbox game lacking content, this could be a mechanic that elevates the port battle experience making them more pivitol. Outer breakwater battle happening in primetimes, with inner breakwater capture happening in crossover time. I believe someone hinted at this during our summit, but maybe there is something to it. The raid system they mention could be deployed against the enemy in their off hours for optional contention. Again, an Epic + event unless enemy chooses to attend.

Edited by Surathani
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Wraith said:

Are you serious? Then you'll lose a player in my case. Or help fund the EU based VPN providers. This is a bullshit "solution" fueled by whiners and lazy developers.

I had promised not to comment but there is one thing I'd like to add. I don't wish anything bad for the US based players and I actually don't necessarily want them "exiled" from the EU server, in fact I sympathise a great deal for them it's a raw deal for anyone. The current situation as demonstrated by my screenshot however is not sustainable and I personally don't believe there's a better solution. Ink writes that this is a midterm solution until release or such time that a better solution can be contrieved - I can't think of a better solution nor do I believe there is one, but if anyone thinks up something that has any realistic chance of working for both sides I'm all for testing it. I hope that the devs sets the servermaintenence on the US server at a more reasonable time than what is currently the case - this I believe will make a lot more sense and hopefully bring a lot more US based players back to the US server. 

Well.. That's my two cents and I did break my promise not to comment - conceded and I await my flogging ingame at the hands of any who would partake in it.

2 hours ago, Christendom said:

You never know  :-)

In all seriousness though, I personally like the aspect of the global sandbox server idea and that's the primary reason I play this game.  I am perhaps more hardcore than some though and my playing habits are not always going to match everyone else.  As long as the 2 servers are TRULY set to the time zones....aka setting battles later than 9pm EST and having the server shut down at like 4-5am, then it should assuage some of the hurt feelings.  I don't necessarily trust the Devs to do that properly though.  We still will run into the issue of having not enough people in total to split between 2 servers and I don't think you EU guys realize just exactly how many American based players there are out there.  This is only ever going to be a niche game and I'm not sure it will ever have the population to support 2 robust servers, but we'll see.  The devs have a proven track record of favoring the EU based players pretty much always, so as I said with the amount of whining being done this was inevitable.  

He did say it was not set in stone, so we'll just have to wait and see.  I don't think we can expect anything for a few months, which still leaves us PLENTY of time.  :-)

I actually believe a lot of US players will return to the game now that it gets a dedicated US server (with US maintenence hours otherwise it won't make sense). Regarding the issue not being set in stone, you've had 4 months to think up a better solution and so has everyone else - I doubt there's going to be one so stop the BS about whining the complaints are valid and have been for the past 4 months..

Don't know why the devs can't just make port battles all day affairs where victory points can be racked up whenever - OR, an even better idea that has been proposed, have three separate battles spread throughout the day, you need to win 2 of 3 to win the port. Seems completely straightforward and yet this is never discussed; one can hope this is the plan Ink says is being worked on.

• Like 4

This is once again a confirmation that in this game of the Devs everything is done for their Russian brothers.
I'm tired of the scream of these people.
I remember Pb's (and Gergia) when these crypts have arrived with 4 times the overpower.
Nobody cried from us.
Now, the US players are starting to build up their primetime hostility. What an evil!
This must be turned off immediately.
I believe many of these people still do not know that the earth is a ball and has several time zones.
Dev Please do not leave this game to a Russian-designated number.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ink said:

Thus, to cut the Gordian knot, we decided that until release there will be two servers, EU and US, with their prime timers. In the remaining development time until release we will still try to find out the solution, and apply it in case of success.

Unless you want to see that feeble mixed review status turn to mostly negative and alienate over half of your playerbase on pvp1 at the same time, then I would highly recommend that you do not go through with this. This honestly just shows your willingness to take sides instead of finding an actual middle ground (there have been many great recommendations.) Remember back ,before we had the hostility system, with the flags? Ever remember people bitching about non prime time flips? No.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aventador said:

Remember back ,before we had the hostility system, with the flags? Ever remember people bitching about non prime time flips? No.  

You're right.  Very true.  That's when there was nothing that stopped PB's at any time, the only limitation was the gold to buy the flag.  Conquest battles were constant.  Then more and more restrictions until we got timezoneflipmania.  The key is leaving it totally dynamic, unrestricted, and unpredictable.  Opposite of what we now have.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Aventador said:

Unless you want to see that feeble mixed review status turn to mostly negative and alienate over half of your playerbase on pvp1 at the same time, then I would highly recommend that you do not go through with this. This honestly just shows your willingness to take sides instead of finding an actual middle ground

You forgot to quote the most important part from what Ink said:

7 hours ago, Ink said:

Captains, he current alliance situation on pvp-1 is that one side have players in US time zone and another don't, which is the root of the problem. We tried to find out the solution that will suit everyone but we did not find it yet unfortunately.

You are the ones holding the gun to the devs head forcing an answer to your abuse. You were doing this since the new map was released, which was 5 months ago. The only good solution to this would have been an alliance change, which you declined.

Edited by JonSnowLetsGo
  • Like 2

They should drop RvR and focus on OW pvp. RvR is a barrel, full of endless toxicity.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, z4ys said:

They should drop RvR and focus on OW pvp. RvR is a barrel, full of endless toxicity.

Current RVR is like a Class B3 refrigerant.

Meh, I've gotten my moneys worth...  If it happens, It'll be time to move on.... happens

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I think you're mostly well meaning in your posts Jon, even if I don't agree with many of your opinions. But this is utter nonsense. The Eastern Alliance has basically been moaning for us to not play the game except on weekends, while they themselves give up nothing to continue playing the game whenever they like.

I disagree. You are the one who chose to keep the alliance broken as it is: US + EU vs EU timezone (you could have literally chosen how the alliances should look like, as long as its US vs Brit, you still said no). Thats just abuse, if you want to see it or not. Read Inks post again, that is the reason for this much needed change. Dont blame the Eastern Alliance, blame yourselves.

18 minutes ago, Wraith said:

You all have bitched and now, given the dev's stupendously anemic ability to think two steps beyond the ends of their noses, they have chosen to go down a road that will break up clans, separate friends that have been playing with each other since before EA, and wreck what's left of an already fragile community

Thats true, it sucks for you and for NA as a whole. Many didnt wanted that, but what choice did you give the devs?

• Like 1