Game-Labs Forum

Nightflops and the continuing development of a "global server"

I don't even want to discuss this. Only ask 1 question for devs and playerbase alike. When is this going to be "engaging playerdriven content?"?

20170303030148_1.jpg

I only ask this 'cause I'm tired of seing mates leave the game due to the broken RvR mechanic that the devs has promised to "fix" ever since they removed the PB timers.

I won't comment any further in this thread so childish namecalling for pointing out an inconvenient truth is not going to change the point of my criticism.

4 hours ago, Bearwall said:

When is this going to be "engaging playerdriven content?"?

The problem is easy to solve.  two servers, one to nightflipers, (the like take undefended ports) and another to normal people

• Like 3

This discussion is going on for more than 4 months already, when admin stated this:

We mentioned in patch notes that we can return the lord protector windows in case night flips become rampant. 

I thought Ubisoft or Activision are taking ages for fixing their games, but this right here is a new level. GL truly dont seem to give a shit anymore.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Wraith said:

o7

Keep flipping ports during our work days == Keep setting that alarm clock

You don't see us complaining.

seems legit to be in a nation that attack another whit nightflips (i can understand that, its your "prime time") and laugh at them when you perfectly now that we dont have more than 4-5 people + some allies.

Then you say in the forum that you cant enter at the PB because you are working or sleeping... You have the hole brit+dutch+old 7up clan in the us to make your PB.

Has no sense

Just now, Wraith said:

shouldn't play the game when we are not sleeping or at work, just to accommodate you?

no, i dont care if you flip a port at 2am or 8pm (its a videogame, you can play anytime you want), im saying that posting "i cant go to the PBs because im working" has no sense because you have people to replace at that timezone.

• Like 1

Wraith, I think what they are trying to tell us is this:

If you are based in the Western Hemisphere or Asia you are entitled to pay $40 to play(or test) this game and you are also entitled to RvR during your own primetime on weekends only.  

Short term this sucks bullocks, not only for the Western based players or the EU and AU based players. But this is what you get when you do not have enough players/testers. Portbattles are already very limited compared to a year ago, they are even planned 46 hours ahead sorta speak. Nightflipping sucks, but what sucks even more is one side telling the other side to suck it up and change servers or stop playing because it doesnt suit them. You dont have to wake up in the middle of the night to play a video game. 

Long term, more players will definitly help alot. Whining will not as it is already on the agenda of the devs. One thing i really dislike is the fact some people feel entitled or special enough to demand the other side leaving the game, Get your shit together and accept the fact you are working with limited options within this game as we speak. But seperating the playerbase has never had a good outcome if the playerbase is not big enough for such decisions in the first place.

• Like 9

Just now, Chijohnaok said:

you are also entitled to RvR during your own primetime on weekends only.  

I dont care the way you play this game, the use of the mechanics etc, we cant obligate nobody to play the way we want. personally, i dont care if we lose all the ports, in one way or another the game is dying.

• Like 1

Don't blame the US playerbase for playing the game the dev's can't fix for almost over 4 month now. Not gonna start talking about broken ow pvp here, that's even longer broken.

Please dev's stop testing on the testbed server with 3 players online and switch back to the normal servers.

• Like 2

Just now, Pada said:

Don't blame the US playerbase for playing the game the dev's can't fix for almost over 4 month now.

Thats the way they are killing the game, we have paid 36,99 euros to play a game and follow the development, how much info of the development have we got the last 4 months?

A testbed server that got one update, one post on the forum whit the ideas for 2017 (without date), and a free new ship without the possibility of crafting. 

1 hour ago, Chijohnaok said:

Wraith, I think what they are trying to tell us is this:

If you are based in the Western Hemisphere or Asia you are entitled to pay $40 to play(or test) this game and you are also entitled to RvR during your own primetime on weekends only.  

No, is much easier: If you are allied with your whole timezone then play fking PvE only, cause thats what you want obviously, and dont ruin the game for all others.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

No, is much easier: If you are allied with your whole timezone then play fking PvE only, cause thats what you want obviously, and dont ruin the game for all others.

I play the game that the developers have set out.  I have done  port battles during EU primetime when my calendar allows it, and I also do port battles during my own North American primetime.  I am not breaking any rules in the game.  I am not using any illegal exploits or hacks to do so.

I don't tell you how to play your game and you will not Hello Kitty tell me how to play my game. 

Edited by Chijohnaok
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Pitxagorri said:

how much players do you have to defend PB when you are working?

Well sunshine, the VAST majority of the so called "night flips" HAVE been fully defended.  So I as YOU "how much players do you have to defend PB when you are sleeping?" (or in english "How many players choose to play while others are sleeping")

Look pal, It would be one thing if ALL port battles on US prime time were undefended but they are NOT!  The night before you managed to get a full fleet into Islamorada and it was a good fight.  We also saw a lot of spanish captains outside Remedios that did not join.  

2 hours ago, Pitxagorri said:

seems legit to be in a nation that attack another whit nightflips (i can understand that, its your "prime time") and laugh at them when you perfectly now that we dont have more than 4-5 people + some allies.

Then you say in the forum that you cant enter at the PB because you are working or sleeping... You have the hole brit+dutch+old 7up clan in the us to make your PB.

Has no sense

Excuse me, don't you have an entire spanish speaking continent with a population of a few hundred million in the same time zone as the US?

• Like 1

LOL this topic again. Let's just quote Jeheil.. I hope he doesn't mind " there's no such thing as night flips on a global server" Iam a eu resident who has a full time job so those 4-6pm port flips where im at work yep I miss those, night flips past 1am I miss those as I'm up at 6am for work, between 6pm & 8pm I'm spending time with my toddler so I normally miss those & yet I don't cry on forums about it I can promise you won't find one post where I'm crying about it why??? ITS A GLOBAL SERVER, THE GLOBE IS ROUND & I HAVE A REAL LIFE. Fine take a port when I'm busy if we launch a attack to take it back I will be there if possible & I will try to have FUN while I do it, besides that one problem is that players are rewarded with rare blueprints via these port battles so devs are essentially encouraging it to happen HELL wknds I stay up late to take part in them for that reason alone so I'm sure others do especially of they think it's empty pb cause we'll it's a easy way to get a rare reward ..

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Salty Dog PVP1 said:

Well sunshine, the VAST majority of the so called "night flips" HAVE been fully defended.  So I as YOU "how much players do you have to defend PB when you are sleeping?" (or in english "How many players choose to play while others are sleeping")

Look pal, It would be one thing if ALL port battles on US prime time were undefended but they are NOT!  The night before you managed to get a full fleet into Islamorada and it was a good fight.  We also saw a lot of spanish captains outside Remedios that did not join.  

The Islamorada fight wasn't a full fleet, get your facts straight.

Or the only thing they can get is that most players in the EU give up the game because it is already happening. So enjoy the empty battles. Or developers do, there is no more blind than he does not want to see. For my part I'm not going to battle any night and since this continues so I'll go to another game. As you comment that you are in your right I am on the way out.

Edited by Chosco
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Salty Dog PVP1 said:

Excuse me, don't you have an entire spanish speaking continent with a population of a few hundred million in the same time zone as the US?

Ok, how much people of that "spanish speaking continent" have bought NA? because i only now like 5-10 and most of them are inactive.

33 minutes ago, Salty Dog PVP1 said:

It's impossible to talk to people who do not understand you...

In my original post in this topic i was saying that you dont have to complain about your timezone night flips because you have 2 hole nations to cover your PB. The difference is that you can sleep while your m8s fight the PB.

I agree that we choose if we sleep or fight, its a game whit many timezones and i cant complain about american timezone because ITS YOUR TIME! you can do whatever you want because is your time. 

• Like 1