Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

Hello Dear moderators, hello Dear developers,

I want to thank you for your great efforts for creating this game and caring for community. I know your job is sometimes not easy but I want to encourage you to "stay on course" keep going for improving this wonderful game. And I can give you my personal highest reward: I only will make, hopefully constucitive critism, when I really like a game.

You did a great job

Best Regards

Donjuan:D

  • Like 25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mass said:

0mKXcg1.gif

Nice to see some positive vibes :) Pic for jokes c:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Donnerschock said:

Serious question: Is this a troll post?

well probably some will, and some are not

for your guestion: to give you the meaning of a troll:

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.

This sense of both the noun and the verb "troll" is associated with Internet discourse, but also has been used more widely. Media attention in recent years has equated trolling with online harassment. For example, the mass media have used "troll" to mean "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[4][5] In addition, depictions of trolling have been included in popular fictional works, such as the HBO television program The Newsroom, in which a main character encounters harassing persons online and tries to infiltrate their circles by posting negative sexual comments.

 

cource: wikipedia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thumb up to devs and anyone who contributed! In spite of all the challenges, already unique and enjoyable game. Good luck with bringing the game to another level! You can do it!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sandbox.
 
Set your own objectives.
 
Develop your playstyle.
 
Be a pyrate, be a successful trader, design ships, engage in pvp in the open seas, or fight atop a ship of the line in epic massive battles.
 
Simply go sailing about, at your own rhythm and enjoy all the possibilities.
 
Naval Action in a nutshell.

Best game in decades.

Thank you.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

 engage in pvp in the open seas
 

First waste hours looking for it thanks to great development !

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

First waste hours looking for it thanks to great development !

Not my experience :) but then I don't rove about in big squadrons that do nothing but make all sails vanish into port. Sailing with three max is guaranteed to draw attention... and sometimes way more than one can chew up :) but that's the nature of the beast.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Donjuan Dimarco said:

Hello Dear moderators, hello Dear developers,

I want to thank you for your great efforts for creating this game and caring for community. I know your job is sometimes not easy but I want to encourage you to "stay on course" keep going for improving this wonderful game. And I can give you my personal highest reward: I only will make, hopefully constucitive critism, when I really like a game.

You did a great job

Best Regards

Donjuan:D

HEAR ! HEAR! 

totally agree!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sail around in a 10-man game fleet and expect to find "good PvP"....  Priceless.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Sail around in a 10-man game fleet and expect to find "good PvP"....  Priceless.  

Is that too much to expect?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest sruPL
1 hour ago, Hethwill said:

Not my experience :) but then I don't rove about in big squadrons that do nothing but make all sails vanish into port. Sailing with three max is guaranteed to draw attention... and sometimes way more than one can chew up :) but that's the nature of the beast.

 

I remember Otto sailing very often solo or with his matey called Ahmed. Sailing on Surprises mostly or other ships, doesn't really sound like anything you mentioned. Also same for me. The problem is that only experienced players are not scared to engage me on even rules (chapeau bas for Groslulu with few other Frenchies). This playerbase is so small, that people know all good players and avoid fighting them.

 

@Vernon Merrill I sail so often alone, solo and all what I get is jumped 1v3 which often I try to fight or people running to AI fleets and forts. Example from yesterday:

AoYk41.jpg

 

lobogris, max rank player with lots of hours in game engages with 2 new players and then runs. I spent hours, literally hours and days to find a good fight. Very often exhausted after hours of sailing, I just decide to go and make a Small Battle which also many people dislike or not want to do. Yesterday I managed to get 10 people from my clan to Small Battle and it was 9v9 with total of 18 players. I see also from OCEAN SIlfarion and Liquicity joining and usually top players of this game tired of looking for fight. When player is more and more experienced, it gets harder and harder to find PvP unless he is in super fast ship and wants to have PvP in form of 1 hour chase and then humilate.

Edited by sruPL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is great to read from others experiences. Seemingly the sandbox delivers different experience to different players which is the definition of sandbox.

There are days with very little going on. On other days is a non stop.

Overall the game delivers the very basic need to make the West Indies in the age of sail with all it had - war and trade - in really awe inspiring combat.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We see a post thanking the devs for their efforts in creating and continuing to work on this game, even in EA, better than anything else remotely similar.

It is a very sad commentary on the characters who can only see it as a troll post. If you have so low an opinion of the devs, their efforts, or NA in general... do us all a favor and go away. Don't go away mad... just go away. I am almost *never* for turning players away, but you all are just a poisonous canker in this community.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Angus McGregor said:

 

It is a very sad commentary on the characters who can only see it as a troll post.

 

Its still better that mindless clap clap on every ocassion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

Is that too much to expect?

When the server pop is ~500, yes.  When the server pop is ~2000, no.  I remember the nights of TDA sailing out to Mortimer and/or Havana with those numbers and finding good fights. However, now everyone's been forced to modify their play-style to compensate for the numbers.  I guess my point is, if you actually want to find a fight, you need to at least be a remotely viable opponent.  Yes, you may rarely find a group with a size large enough that can offer a fight.  However, my guess is people find MUCH more battles either solo or in smaller group.  Just my $.02

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vernon Merrill said:

When the server pop is ~500, yes.  When the server pop is ~2000, no.  I remember the nights of TDA sailing out to Mortimer and/or Havana with those numbers and finding good fights. However, now everyone's been forced to modify their play-style to compensate for the numbers.  I guess my point is, if you actually want to find a fight, you need to at least be a remotely viable opponent.  Yes, you may rarely find a group with a size large enough that can offer a fight.  However, my guess is people find MUCH more battles either solo or in smaller group.  Just my $.02

I dunno. I sail solo or in small groups. 
I haven't had a fight in the last 30-40 hours looking for one. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:

I dunno. I sail solo or in small groups. 
I haven't had a fight in the last 30-40 hours looking for one. 

Dont tell anyone, but I've been making Goat-Class Q ship LGV's...  be on the look-out between Castries and Hat.  You make them come to you!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Hethwill said:

 Are your  a bad tentative to make a sort of biased "propagandistic" reply /review, ?  Like the promo of a film  with an epic narrator voice?  or is a sofisticated troll attempt?

 

Sandbox.    IF for sandbox you mean sail for 10h getting 30 min of pvp yes  (check eve online for see the meaning of a sandbox where really each path you take have an impact in the game economically and militarly )
 
Set your own objectives.  Like what? you either craft or pvp  or craft and then do pvp, there is nothing else unless  fishing afk is an objective
 
Develop your playstyle.   Like do pb  or try get ow pvp?   Or be a trader? so go from point a to point b afk/almost over and over and then quit bored as hello kitty ?
 
Be a pyrate, be a successful trader, design ships, engage in pvp in the open seas, or fight atop a ship of the line in epic massive battles.    Be a pirate? you mean that black flag of pixel attached to your ship  wich is the only difference you get for pirates compared to all other nations?   TRADER AGAIN? from point a to point b afk,   DESIGN SHIPS? YOU MEAN CLICK GET 20 TEXT OF IRON FITTINGS CLICK GET THE SHIP?  
 
Simply go sailing about, at your own rhythm and enjoy all the possibilities.    MY RYTHM IS GENERALLY AFK SAIL or waiting for a pb in an outpost. What rythm you talk about, ow is empty, and the other rythm is waiting afk for 2 days that a pb get generated/under attack. In the middle there is some afk sailing and click craftingand flaming in national news thats  naval action in a nutshel
 
Naval Action in a nutshell.   Yeah the red part 

Best game in decades.  99,3% of who buyd the game left it 50% of bad reviews are from ppl with 1k+ hours. NOT SUGGESTING THE GAME  (steam numbers roughly 100k+ copies sold 500 player on )

Thank you.  No hello kitty you,  since ppl like you go around telling  is all fantastic    nothing gonna change , becouse you have to throw sugar at devs instead reality

Is highly suggested to read the part in blacks with  Don Lafontaine  voice

 

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Hethwill said:

It is great to read from others experiences. Seemingly the sandbox delivers different experience to different players which is the definition of sandbox.

There are days with very little going on. On other days is a non stop.

Overall the game delivers the very basic need to make the West Indies in the age of sail with all it had - war and trade - in really awe inspiring combat.

There is days with little going on, and days with NOTHING GOING ON.       And days we get a pb (usually once every couple of days we have 2h of fun then we go play other games)

 

WHo say how is the situation, say the Truth

who act like you Heatwhill  tryng to  put a patch with lies on a bad situation, just do propaganda.  really  read yourself  you talk like the promo of a film when you talk in a very generalistic and   promo film style way  of this game just for  please the devs. 

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that the players that focus on Conquest do have lots of fun every 2 days if not everyday considering the alliances and support to allies.

Was glad to participate in the 2 screening actions at Morgan's Bluff and Ays. Was a good change of pace from the hunting cruises :) so I must thank to the Hostility squadrons out there for making it possible.

As with any game there's levels of involvement. Conquest requires a good deal of planning and hours spent. Given the population i'd say it is not even a fifth of the player base which is involved in Conquest actively, every day, driving hostility, planning port battles.

But also the groups, clans, nations that organize themselves to do Conquest are a great asset to the community, I simply see that they are not the only thing that matters.

My suggestions for War Fleets are actually to put the Clans at a level of importance and planning and driving the wargame :) I am sure if they ever get considered it will be a game changer, not limiting anyone but providing good clan tools.

A statistic out of my cold coffee is - 80% of playerbase never player on a daily basis but nonetheless they play whenever they can, once or twice a week for a couple of hours running some missions.

Snappy salute !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While it is good feedback, and it surely helps as it gives a very focused view onto the Conquest driven groups, how can you measure another player fun by your own standards ?

I see way more positive experience in the game, for a couple hours day in day out and a full evening once in a while during a saturday.

Game surely provides for the "play all day" and the "play once a week" players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hethwill said:

While it is good feedback, and it surely helps as it gives a very focused view onto the Conquest driven groups, how can you measure another player fun by your own standards ?

I see way more positive experience in the game, for a couple hours day in day out and a full evening once in a while during a saturday.

Game surely provides for the "play all day" and the "play once a week" player.

nope it doesnt otherwise we didnt lose 99% of all ppl who buyd the game

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...