Game-Labs Forum

In need of a career

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:12 AM, Hethwill said:

Maybe I'm looking at it from a incorrect perspective. Sorry :)

But when I read Career I really mean it. As a Navy officer you'll be tied to rules for that career, which means you ain't going to be ruling over a trading empire and you shall be appointed ships, not buy them.

Same way as a Trader overlord you shall not have access to Navy resources, including naval bases but have access to economic building and have a private shipyard which may or may not supply a Navy with ships and/or essential resources.

I have the feeling I am not seeing it as you envision it... :\ ... which is inflation of all that is good without any exclusion effect and without making choices matter.

But yeah, it is a suggestion that may see the light.

I must disagree with you here HW.  I made a suggestion for creating a point system that tracked an officer's career (defined as character's NA lifetime) from 20 yrs old to 60, and after that forced retirement.  The point system tracked your well-roundedness as a trader, fighter, crafter, etc, all that is offered by the game.  You could focus on anything you wanted but one of the goals (besides creating an end-game for NA) was to add depth to the game.  This game should have depth, it has the potential for it, and the depth should be of your choosing.  I think that's the intent of the OP although not expressly stated.

In other words, I should be able to log on one Saturday and be a trader, all day long, and add to my trade empire.  The next Saturday I should be able to be an OW privateer, or get a group together and do raids.  Whatever, but in each scenario the game should allow me to have access to all those tools, not limit me on the second Saturday because the week prior I decided to be a trader.  Sounds like that's what you're saying.  I should be able to build my career in all available game paths, not just choose one and be stuck to it.

• Like 1