Game-Labs Forum

UGCW Feedack 0.75

Nick Thomadis

6 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

You may now play our latest game update that includes the Battle of Gettysburg!

Before I dive in.... Thank you devs for trying to address the issues! It's great to see this game has come full circle and return to it's humble beginning... with more epicness.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nick Thomadis said:

It is probably because of corrupted save, because previous version had a bug in asset of battle rewards and we fixed. Let us know if problem persists in a new game session.

Hm, reloaded game again...same thing (both on save geme after Salem Church and new save game in south camp). Does this mean I should redo whole Chancellorsville/Salem Church battle again?

6 minutes ago, Slobodan said:

Hm, reloaded game again...same thing (both on save geme after Salem Church and new save game in south camp). Does this mean I should redo whole Chancellorsville/Salem Church battle again?

I believe that is exactly what he is saying, 

When certain things are changed, the engine cannot change what you have in your current campaign, other things changed, it makes no difference. 

Edited by jimcarrel

1 hour ago, Nick Thomadis said:

It is probably because of corrupted save, because previous version had a bug in asset of battle rewards and we fixed. Let us know if problem persists in a new game session.

So I had three erroneously awarded career points this entire time?

Will report if it persists in a new campaign.

From the dev blog page, the battle looks beautiful. Happy to hear adjustments in the fortifications, and even happier to see said fortifications on Culps hill (I hope for both sides). I agree on what another said earlier--Union should be able to bring more than 3 corp. Also, do I see regiment-level troops for archer, cutler, davis, and iron? I assume this is for balance so more than 2 brigades are on in the first part, but I hope they combine later so to match the rest of the army.

3 minutes ago, Zwerty99 said:

From the dev blog page, the battle looks beautiful. Happy to hear adjustments in the fortifications, and even happier to see said fortifications on Culps hill (I hope for both sides). I agree on what another said earlier--Union should be able to bring more than 3 corp. Also, do I see regiment-level troops for archer, cutler, davis, and iron? I assume this is for balance so more than 2 brigades are on in the first part, but I hope they combine later so to match the rest of the army.

You are correct, they are regiments. I actually merge the regiments (both for union and rebels) at Oak Ridge, but that's your option. 

1 hour ago, GeneralPITA said:

So I had three erroneously awarded career points this entire time?

Will report if it persists in a new campaign.

I won't redo whole campaign, at least not before playing Gettysburg first :)

It will hurt to abandon my ANV which I dedicated so much time and caring to. Oh well, alpha I guess...

did you give the enemy AI more intelligence or something?  I was at 2nd bull run battle as the rebs, and the Union army straight up banged and banged at the railroad cut until they pushed up back then attacked stony ridge woods.  They never did that level of sensible action before

I like it

Edited by william1993
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, sonnypemberton said:

so I'm not going to camp after Chancellorsville - straight to next battle with not option to go to camp?

Battle of Salem Church immediately follows, yes...but you may deploy a fresh corps if you have it. It's not a very tough battle. 

12 minutes ago, Nox165 said:

Hey whats the the forces numbers at Gettysburg? Correct me I am wrong but historically the forces where around 100,000 union vs 75,000 csa?

Coddington, the standard on the battle, estimated maybe as few as 85,000 effectives for the Union, versus about 75,000 for the Confederates. Other estimates put the Union forces 90-95,000, so about right yeah.

Are there any plans on either reducing, or removing the battle timer at all? I feel like it's super punishing for players who like to take their time and be deliberate with their troop deployment. I can't count the amount of times I have literally had the AI surrounded on all sides, pounding them with line infantry and artillery and I arbitrarily fail the mission because "Oh sorry you ran out of time" even though I was clearly winning the battle. I have asked other people who have the game on my friends list to see if it's just me and they agree with me that it's super punishing. It seems like it's trying to force the player to play counter to their play style, which is kinda counter intuitive to me. I would really like to play this game, but I can't help but get frustrated with the timer.