Game-Labs Forum

Naval Action offline edition

With crumbling player numbers on PvP and no monetisation of the game in sight, wouldn't it be a sound business decision to prioritise making this game a viable offline/pve product to get better returns on sales ? Instead of endlessly tweaking mechanics to shut up Rat clans and the PB Elite who are leaving anyway, why not save what can be saved and turn this game into something that woks ?

Most game devs nowadays seem to have forgotten, but not all games need to be MMOs. True story.  

Ah, that is a myth. only a few of the Forum Ninjas here requested that stuff what now makes the game nearly unplayable.
look at the online members on prime time. that says all.

do yourself a favor and dont tell that Story. because I'm also a member of the community and I didnt request anything of that.

• Like 2

I would love to see who requested from community all these broken features, so we know if they still play (after implementation of their ideas xD) and so I can hunt and kill them in OW :ph34r:

Anyway "Elite PB players" is a very wrong statement. There is no such thing in the game as far as I know.

Edited by sruPL

I think a single player version would be a nice edition with the online aspect being a bonus for players, I love open world games and I love being able to play games with people but the most popular games in open world are single player, take the elder scrolls games for example. I think if the game is bleeding players like it has been since open world came out then the devs should consider making it a single player, or creating a single player game that the community can modify and enjoy. Many games these days are really popular because of the ability for players to modify them. 

Elder scrolls, Fallout, ArmA, etc. I think it would be a wise step to introduce single player, and provide modding tools to the community. The player base would jump at the chance to add new ships, textures, items and many other great modifications. 

I think they should, and I know for a fact that it would increase interest in the game in a massive way.

8 hours ago, Jeb Fuller said:

I'd gladly chip in another 50 bucks for a single player version.

Me too. But with multiplayer.

This was suggested a long time ago but the response was that it would be bad for the devs because players would have access to the source code, and somehow that is a problem.  I have no idea if single/multi player would pose any threat to the game.  So many other games allow single/multi player.

A mutliplayer/singleplayer version would open up huge possibilities,  Mods, time compression, massive improvements to Open World (currents, variable winds, identifying flags, ship damage from weather, running aground, collisions, etc.)  Think of all of the features that are not feasible because of the limitations created when a couple thousand players are simultaneously accessing the same material

Such additional content would appeal to a larger audience without removing the current features that the MMO lovers like.  An MMO version and a multiplayer version would be great.

• Like 1