Game-Labs Forum

PvP Fame System

8 hours ago, Farrago said:

In your sentence, it would stay in the nominative case  

Нам нужно меритократия

Actually, I believe I was wrong: it would be нужна since the adverb(?) would have to agree with the subject. My Russian grammar is a little rusty but we must communicate effectively with our Devs when making suggestions.

There, I brought it back on topic. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/02/2017 at 6:44 PM, Jean Ribault said:

I think we would now have a new term, "Fame Farming".  You can be sure this will happen.  I like the general idea proposed.

Well since you dont gain anything from killing someone too many ranks below yours, and since you loose fame when you are sunk, it would not be possible to farm alts (alot)

I have not read your topic before but kind of the same idea came to my mind few days ago. Although my version impacts ranking as well, so that your skill rank is also your actual rank and impacts how many crew you can have. This would also impact PB ship diversity.

The point of mine and Zooloo ideas are that this game would really benefit with any kind of skill ranking system, either going my way or Zooloo way or something in between.

On 4/11/2017 at 2:18 AM, Zooloo said:

Well since you dont gain anything from killing someone too many ranks below yours, and since you loose fame when you are sunk, it would not be possible to farm alts (alot)

The only problem I have with this is that players with lots of play time will have higher fame than  the players with little play time. Naturally. It it will end up how ever has more time has higher fame. Not really skill dependent.

I recon instead have a bar that starts at zero. Then it moves high or low showing victories from 0 to 100% of win points in relation to total fights.

So you would need to adjust fame points to victory points and how they are gained.

For example if you lose equal fight you get -1 point. If they had advantage and you lost you lose -0.5 point. If you had an advantage and lost you will lose -1.5. If you won equal you get 1 point. If they had advantage and you won you get 1.5. If you won with slight advantage you get 0.5

And when you gank you get 0 points. Since you  did not earn a point your score will actually drop a bit.

Thats it. Its the same system, but now not number of fights dependent.