Game-Labs Forum

[PvP2 US] Political Situation's and Port Battles reports

Sir Texas Sir

4 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

was a dang good battle! i only wish we could have fought better on our part. was disappointed with a couple players that made life a bit more than challenging on our own side haha But you pirates know how to put up a damn good fight thats for sure. 

Dont have pics as i wasnt there, was in America instead. But the Dutch took Windward. 25v (not sure, there were 7 french at least though, and a fair amount of danes, i think i heard 17 in all?) @ElricTheTwo do you have a screenshot? 

The US port battle down in Mexico, the US won, was only one swede vs a couple US players. So i heard anyways.

We honestly thought we where screwed with that wind.  We didn't check to see what it would be around that time when we flipped it. That mega fleet flipped it pretty fast.   It ended up actually helping us as the battle progressed the wind actually got better for the late guys that showed up on our side.  Hell the screening fleet did good, I was even pulled into before I could get in.  Had to ditch my two renno's.  Not a big thing cause one was a capped 1 dura and the other was a 1 dura of an old ship.  Just hate to do that to my poor crew.

Bridgetown, Windward Islands
8 Dutch, 16 Brits, 1 US
vs
8 French, 10 Danes, 0 Swedes, 0 rats
No screening forces
A poor prejudgment of a SE wind forced the Dutch and half the Brits to approach Point C from the North. The other half of the Brits approached from the south and faced an early engagement with Danes and French capping Point B. Of course, a good starting placement of the French allowed for an early cap of all three points, but once the Northern Force reached C, it was in their possession. As they continued their charge toward A, a sneaky Frenchie snuck through getting back to Point C before Point A could be engaged. This allowed a French recap of C while A and B were battled over. This forced a slight split, but the Dutch and Brits were able to route the French and Danes from all cap zones, slowly turning the points tide from a French favor of 480 - 0 to a Dutch favor of 480 - 520. If this hadn't happened, all hope would have faded from the attackers. Seeing this switch, the French and Danes attempted a recoup of Point A, yet the were fended off quite well.
Overall, it was a fun battle from both sides.
3qsbeUr.jpg

OlIhfBA.jpg
pUMFqB3.jpg
XTlZuxR.jpg

Edited by van der Decken
  • Like 1

Ponce this morning

25 dane/swede/French versus 13 US/GB/Dutch

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=860880438

11 of the US/GB/Dutch stuck out to fight.  Two quickly ran....  Hello EagleRu aka Eagle RUN - do you ever fight?  This is the second battle you've run away recently....  I can see why you are not in a clan...  Maybe RabbitRun is a better name...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=860849914

Edited by ElricTheTwo

13 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Willimgton 4th rate Deep water battle:  25 US/BRIT/DUTCH vs 21 Pirates

The fight started out as 25 vs 13 cause the US alliance had a big screening fleets that was able to catch some guys out side the port battle.  We got slow reinforcements through out the battle.  I think some guys even had to join around the land and took a long time to get to the action.  Pirates sent in a Fire-ship that was returned by two fire-ships from the US.   Of course some big explosions happen.  The main fight was a brawl in B with pirates pushing through to A.  Mortar Brig on Pirates side rained down on the US fleets as they fought.   There was a bunch of boarding on both sides and to be honest it was just a crazy fun mess.   Pirates where not expecting to win it when we came in as we only had about 15 for sure numbers.   Was an interesting port to attack and think the basic plan worked out in our favor by the end.

Ships Sunk/Captured:  17 US/Brit/Dutch  vs 7 Pirates.

Video of this PB provided by @theTopsail. Nice work!

• Like 1

Cartagena de Indias, Cartagena
15 Dutch, Brits, US
vs
1 Swede, 2 Danes
No PB entry from Swedes nor Danes, but were attacked outside. Swede's Wappen captured, Dane's Bellona sunk.
No image needed, but we were really hoping to see more Danes and Swedes show considering it was 11am EST. :/

Edited by van der Decken

F384E85E6A7E9C02DC30EA826263AB2DBE70E1D4

From earlier today - at Ciudad de Cuba.  25 Dane/Swede/French versus 1 GB player in a small ship...  plus at least 1 more French player outside that couldn't get in.

8:30am eastern time.  While 1 GB player joined, several chose not to join the port battle.   There was only 60+ players online at this time.

Edited by ElricTheTwo
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

Cartagena de Indias, Cartagena
15 Dutch, Brits, US
vs
1 Swede, 2 Danes
No PB entry from Swedes nor Danes, but were attacked outside. Swede's Wappen captured, Dane's Bellona sunk.
No image needed, but we were really hoping to see more Danes and Swedes show considering it was 11am EST. :/

An awkward time for many - late-morning eastern USA time on a weekday.  Most of the Danes would be in bed by the time the battle started.  I was at work.  While I prefer evening battles, I can make the early morning battles if they are before I must start work.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

An awkward time for many - late-morning eastern USA time on a weekday.  Most of the Danes would be in bed by the time the battle started.  I was at work.  While I prefer evening battles, I can make the early morning battles if they are before I must start work.

The timing on battles like this highlight the '46 hour' PB scheduling problem.  Players play on weekends, want to do something meaningful, but create PB's at a time when few are going to be playing.  It's not unreasonable for them to play during the day on a weekend - but it makes no sense when it creates PB's at times like this.

I know the whole PB scheduling is going to change - and it needs to...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ElricTheTwo said:

F384E85E6A7E9C02DC30EA826263AB2DBE70E1D4

From earlier today - at Ciudad de Cuba.  25 Dane/Swede/French versus 1 GB player in a small ship...  plus at least 1 more French player outside that couldn't get in.

8:30am eastern time.  While 1 GB player joined, several chose not to join the port battle.   There was only 60+ players online at this time.

Prob didn't help Pirates caught a 1st rate before the port battle heading that way.  I thnk there was a second ship in that fight but can't remember what it was. I get a feeling a few was going to try to show but than call it off when they saw the Danes numbers.

1 hour ago, Marrius said:

Santa Fe as expected no one showed up to oppose. 58a245dbc8672_SantaFe.thumb.png.93bef03d133422d2a358f34b4f7f6b89.png

Yah cause we didn't flip that.  I'm pretty sure some one used the alt exploit thing and this cause us to be locked out of a port battle since we can only have two at a time.   Hope ya'll enjoyed your free loot.  I really would love to Devs to check to see who put all the agro on that port as it wasn't any main pirates.

• Like 1

Savanna Line Ship Port Battle:   25 Pirates vs 25 US/Brit/Dutch

Well let me start by saying that only 23 Pirates vs 17 US/Brit/Dutch.   Well as soon as the battle started suddenly a large chunk of the US/Brit/Dutch escaped.   Leaving three guys in the battle:  Richbeard, Mjohnir and Sparkydog.   So basically NPG, IGG, the two dutch took the coward way out.  Remember ya'll attacked the Pirates not the other way around and you picked your battle slots not us.   Well I think the word got out and the screeners tried to join and ended up make the total number 25 (we had two come in late).  The 8 extra guys guys showed up just a few mins after they had all escaped.  This is why ya'll loose fights.  Bet you will see most of these names in Vegas port battle against the Danes that is going on right now.  We would like to thank DD and the other guys that stayed and fought until the cap points hit 1K.  Ya'll gained a lot of our respect from us sticking it out.  Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah cause we didn't flip that.  I'm pretty sure some one used the alt exploit thing and this cause us to be locked out of a port battle since we can only have two at a time.   Hope ya'll enjoyed your free loot.  I really would love to Devs to check to see who put all the agro on that port as it wasn't any main pirates.

Well we know one person is going into missions and leaving them adding hostilities. Would not surprise me if there are others doing something similar. 

8 hours ago, Marrius said:

Well we know one person is going into missions and leaving them adding hostilities. Would not surprise me if there are others doing something similar. 

Yah we know of the one reported, but I'm going to bet some one heard about it and did it.  We actually thought about showing to have a little shallow fun, but no one has any ports in that area and figure it would be a better statement to not support the flip and to let it go.  This is why we didn't show up to some of the accident flips in the morning that was caused by PvP Agro and not use actually flipping it.  Guys forget you get a lot of points from a PvP kill.   I didn't make this mornings battle, but I heard only a few folks showed up for San Augustine Defense.   If I can get the screen shot I"ll post it.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah we know of the one reported, but I'm going to bet some one heard about it and did it.  We actually thought about showing to have a little shallow fun, but no one has any ports in that area and figure it would be a better statement to not support the flip and to let it go. 

Yeah had a strong feeling that this would happen. The location felt off and did not follow the pattern. Would have been fun though. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marrius said:

Yeah had a strong feeling that this would happen. The location felt off and did not follow the pattern. Would have been fun though. 

Oh some of the US guys would like to do some shallow fights.  I told them to get a hold of you and North along with Elric about setting up some shallows like we talked about. I feel if the pirates do it every one will flip, but if ya'll arrange something it would be fun for ya'll mid level guys since US and Brits own all the shallows, but a few of them just can't be important or used that can easily exchange hands.  Hell if you tell us one that isn't important I could prob get the guys to flip on on the side to do some fights.   Just as long as every one doesn't freak and the big boys rush to block the little guys out of the fight.  Could pick one region that has no real bonus to it and just have it be exchanged hands on who wins and than flipped by one of the others once it cools down.  Would so work better if US and Brits wasn't in this silly alliance.  People are honestly getting bored cause no one to fight unless they want to fight top dogs and that is hard for new players and not loose hope being sunk over and over.  I think it would help the server if some of the bigger Nationals (none pirates) could do some 4th rate and shallow battles against each other to get these guys up in level and confidence.