Game-Labs Forum

Naval Action Developer Q&A

1 hour ago, Jean Ribault said:

1. Where are the existing PVP1, PVP2 and PVE servers located?  City / locality - specific.

This is easy:

pvp1:  I think is here:  Am Gatherhof 44 40472 Düsseldorf Germany gps 51.266931, 6.817610  

pvp2:  101 Possumtown Rd, Piscataway Township, NJ  gps 40.557376, -74.484301

Edited by Prater
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Prater said:

This is easy:

pvp1:  I think is here:  Am Gatherhof 44 40472 Düsseldorf Germany gps 51.266931, 6.817610  

pvp2:  Possumtown Rd, Piscataway Township, NJ  gps 40.557376, -74.484301 101 

Doesn't answer question 2, and I'd like it confirmed from the devs.  Thanks for responding though, thorough gps coords, you might be right on,

Edited by Jean Ribault

1)  Do you plan on re-balancing ships?  (Specifically ones that are Overpowered compared to their counterparts of the same tier)

Would be nice to see the Ingermanland and Constitution used again in 4th rate port battles.  Belle Poule's crazy thickness, Victory slightly outclassed by the other 2 first rates

2)  Do you plan on fixing the thickness/Penetration problem with ships right now?  (More specifically thickness stacking with strong hull, regional thickness stiffness +Live Oak or Mahogany)

3)  Do you plan on rebalancing regional bonuses so that more than just 2 are used?  (the 2 being pirate refit and strong hull)

4)  I would really like to know the devs plans for fixing our current port battle system that most of the community is unhappy with right now.  Devs said they had new mechanics that would fix a lot of the problems we regularly see people complaining about.  Can you give us some details?

Edited by Yar Matey
  • Like 2

1) Will there be something on the order of a Naval Action Training Academy available for new players where they can practice shooting and sailing to their hearts desire, or is the Bahama's rookie zone going to be it?

2) When will the new boarding mechanics be implemented?

3) Are there any plans for requiring a mixture of rated ships for shallow and deep water port battles or will they remain clone wars?

• Like 3

1. When will you merge the servers?  Obviously, the current population of the game does not warrant multiple servers.  

2. How do you plan to keep the 700+ members of this game occupied until the game is launched?  RVR is continually disappointing for most players.  PVP is disappointing and the lack of players makes OW pvp scarce.  The PVP events are beyond stale.  

3.  Can you please clarify that PVP1 EU does not imply that the server should only be EU players and that the EU in the name simply implies that is where the server is located.  US players happen to be some of your oldest and most loyal captains...many of whom were early adopters....Hostility towards US players on the server has reached new heights and the base has become more toxic and xenophobic.  

4. How do you propose to address the above issues?

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 2

1. When will you split the server? - obviously with the current national factions it's impossible to make PBs work without someone getting nightflipped. 

2. If above is done, is there any plans towards serverwide PB timers? - or do u recon there's a better option and if so what?

3. If you plan on reintroducing PB timers could we please get clarified that the PvP1EU server is in fact located in EU and mostly populated by players from the EU.

1. Hey it's possible to see in the futur , avatar simillard potbs or age of pirate with sword and gun?

2. Will you add on the spyglass some information ship, sailor number, name of ship?

better found this info with spyglass to clic with arow of mouse:)

Edited by n_Ka
make the number of question
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Thomas Messervy said:

is there any plans to add Portugal?

Im also interested in this as I think that historically in the age of sails era Portugal is way > than Denmark and Sweden together. Hence why we have two languages down shouth there today - Portuguese and Spanish

No offence intended.

Edited by koltes
  • Like 3

1) Do you plan to bring back ways to get more even PvP's instead of mostly ganks? I think what made NA so unique was the epic fights that could go either way along with the one of a kind combat mechanics. It's kind of a shame to see this game be mostly ganks with such an awesome combat system. It has been very hard to find similar BR fights since the hostility system was brought in. 

2) Are you going to bring back demasting? I Think the old combat system was much better, everything was balanced nicely. Demasting, Raking, Chainshot & Hullshooting were all options in a fight. You rarely seen demasting used, it was for the more skilled players. I don't see why it was changed.

• Like 2

1. Are you aware and will you fix it so smaler nations once again can attack larger nations and enter those port battles with 25 players? It's no longer possible because of screenig fleets.

2. Are you going to change how the hostility generation is working? So it becomes more interesting, and not just PvE grinding.. 

3. Will you show us live statistic here or in game of how many active player each nation has? Count those active last 2-7 days for example. 

3. Will you implement a mechanic to help with the unbalance between the different nations player base numbers?

4. Will you implement something to make it easier for players to switch nation?

5. Do devs read all post in the "Suggestion" forum? Could you guys consider posting "read" or something just so we know that posting stuff in there has a purpose.

If devs are aware of the issue, working on it, looking for suggestions or if it just a "NO", please let us/me know :)    

• Like 3

1)Will there be an arcade or battle mode?

I'd love to play ranked matches against other players, or set pieces reenacting historical battles. Open world started fun but turned meh really quickly... NA's strength is its incredible battle system, and only allowing OW doesn't play to that strength at all. Letting people skip the OW stuff if they don't want to and jump straight to fighting would draw in many more normal gamers, some of whom would probably go on after to give OW a try (especially if OW gave more ship customization options than battle mode). More playstyle choices please!

2) Will it ever be possible to have 2 ships board another at the same time? Or to board a ship that is itself boarding a ship?

It'd be more historically immersive. 2 little guys could potentially take on a bigger ship, whereas right now unless you are an absolute minigame guru the big ship always wins. In PvE at least, a really cheap way to guarantee boarding victories is to team up and have 1 guy board a ship while the other lines up to pour grape into the stern. No counter, no skill, just a cheap tactic. But it works. I dunno... or have it so that if a ship tries to board you while you are yourself boarding, it cancels your boarding attack and puts you on the defense? Would make boarding and counter-boarding more tactical... lots of possibilities.

Edited by Molecularbioguy
more explanation of what I'm asking for, added 2nd question
  • Like 1

On 3/2/2017 at 6:03 PM, admin said:

Hello Captains. Question time.

Ask us anything in relation of Naval Action its gameplay, current plans or anything you wanted to find out.
Please number questions and provide them as a list.

ps. game labs related questions are also ok.

My 5 questions listed. This questions are really important to me in order to get an idea of what quality the game we will have.

1. Do you plan to add more crew to the ships, as in battle, as in the open world? If yes or not why ?

2. Have do you already solved the issue of flags, both national flags, and flags for the clans?

3. When are we going to see some new images of the user interface, some different design, images of the ships into the menus etc? some UI,new graphics to help us...

4. When are you going to introduce Spanish ships? NA Is supposed to be a game in the Caribbean, at the time where Spanish fleets there still sailing there, but nobody knows why there aren't Spanish or Portuguese ships?

5. Finally ... can you please give us any clue about all the demands of many other players, without answer, and when the game will be release. Date, approximatelly, month and year. 2018 ¿?

Suggestion: make Port Battles able for diversity of many different mixed ships...  Please no more 25 Victory againts 25 Victory it's so ridicoulus and boring. Beginner players will be thank you if you change to mixed battles. Then go to limit number of big ships in battles.

Thanks for your hard work !!
I hope the best game will be with us soon to enjoy many years.

Edited by Marques
  • Like 2