Game-Labs Forum

Unable to select more than one unit

heldchen

Hi,

i am not able to select more than one unit. With 7.2 it worked, but within 7.4 it doesnt. Tried to use frame or ctr button, nothing works. So i have to select every unit and give it a direction. I tried all suggestions from the pinned thread with resolution issues. I use UHD.

On the Battle Field you cannot pick multi Units by using Ctrl. Us the Box(Frame?) to pick/ or group units on field This is only when units are very close, n is sometimes hard to manipulate to box you units.....

...... and/ or Hold ""Ctrl n select /click units 1 by one from you Corps, HUD."  What I do is select a Division than deselect unit(s) I do not want to move via HUD.etc etc, just play around with it... Hope this helps..

3 hours ago, CSA Watkins said:

On the Battle Field you cannot pick multi Units by using Ctrl. Us the Box(Frame?) to pick/ or group units on field This is only when units are very close, n is sometimes hard to manipulate to box you units.....

...... and/ or Hold ""Ctrl n select /click units 1 by one from you Corps, HUD."  What I do is select a Division than deselect unit(s) I do not want to move via HUD.etc etc, just play around with it... Hope this helps..

You can actually. In the beginning I thought you couldn't either but it turned out it was because I was clicking on the unit icon which for some reasons doesn't work with control. Click on one unit and then ctrl + left click on another but in the center of the unit and then use right button to move them, either draw a line or click. 

But it worked in 0.72 for me....I want to pick up 5 Brigades on the right side, and dont want to search them in the unit list....

The frame dont work for my. Anny suggestions for that Problem? I want to use the frame but the game dont let me do:-)

i tried it again, selecting one brigade, hold ctrl and want to select the next one dont work, too.

Edited by heldchen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, heldchen said:

No possibility to resolve this issue? So i have to deinstall this game, because larger battles aren t playable.

Really? A.P. Hill is correct

Holding Ctrl + Clicking on the main body(s) to the additional Units, or deselect a selected unit by clicking on to again,... works great.

I just went back and double checked myself.

With my install, I can hold the control key and with the left mouse button, select or deselect multiple units in both the field formations or from the HUD at the bottom of the screen.

If it doesn't appear to be working for you, perhaps a removal of the files, and a reinstall may be in order.

Do u read what i write??

Windowing dont work and hold strg and select one after the other dont work, too. I removed this fantastic game now, but i cant play it without managing a frontline.

Now a list for better Reading or understanding :-) (maybe it depends on my bad english..):

-I use UHD resolution

-Selecting one unit with direct selection with mousecursor at the symbol above the unit works

-Selecting the next unit with pressed ctrl button (in germany strg) dont work

-selecting units with frame dont work,the frame catches no unit, i "sourround" the units completely with the frame

-selecting more then one unit via pressing ctrl in unit hud at the bottom of screen works, but isnt very usefull

Did u ever Test this functions with a screen resolution more then 1920x1080?

Just because it doesn't work for you ... doesn't mean I didn't read your posts, and it doesn't mean it works for me.   I'm saying with my installation everything functions normally as it should when making unit selection.  I have no issues.  So in my mind it's not a game issue.

I'm pretty sure your resolution has nothing to do with it.

But there was an issue in a thread, dont find it for now, wehre another user had the issue that he only can use the frame within the upper left quarter of the screen when using

uhd.

But thanks for your answers. I uninstalled the game now so this thread can be closed.

Edited by heldchen

So to clarify  you selected the main Body of the unit 'Not the shield ID? That was my mistake. as I could not select multi unit this way.

But once I held Ctrl n clicked on the Main body(men) it worked.

Well if you did that,, n still no joy.....,,,hate to see you go.....but

Happy Trails, n remember to water your horse regularly..,,oats once a day......;)

Hi, i tried both. The Shield above the middle of the brigade or pressing on the crowded men.

This weekend i will try it with my old FullHD Screen to get shure that resolution doesn t have an effect.

This game exyctly the type of game i searched for after sids gettysburg and waterloo, but without managing a frontline, i dont have much fun. Blackwater river is to hard for south by klicking every single brigade to correct position, then u klick 2 meters next to and the brigades will walk around each other and so on. that costs a lot of manpower....

Heldchen: Get it some time with using the HUD to select n than move/ click or use the draw Line formations,, etc.. Reading your post above...Your an old Hand at this....you understand field tactics......

What 'I learned by using the HUD..I used the 1 custom Battle to Get the Hang of using the HUD than a smaller Historical Battle. I also had that problem a while back. Of not being able to select multiple Unit on field. I don't quit, I adjust..

When selecting the Division icon I learnt to keep divisions together(impt when it comes to all things military on a field of Battle).

I could Click Corps commander see his command than select Ctrl + as many Artillery units with 1 brigade to Guard,if I need to move/ come together to concentrate fire. I Use Line draw formation a lot. I can select Just my supplies an Click the loads to Hold all there supplies(Action bar) till needed n where..No more doling out supplies unabated.

For me I am glad I took the time to get to understand Just How Useful the HUD is. I can select a division/ Half a division n Draw a line semi circle, place artillery along where a Wooded/Forest meets a Field. I Used the Pause to click around for a better understanding of the games mechanics. I suggest Custom Battle Antietam as the AoP has a good number of units,, n it's a good confined battle to learn....have a clearer understanding of it.

Also I use the Hold Command exclusively(AI is active when not on Hold(moving to clear Firing LOS/wander away/ attack n get shot up..etc..))....I still use the HUD 80% of the time now to multi select Brigades/Group/ etc,,.

imo....HUD...it's well done n a time saver when in battle..I can only suggest this ,as each to his own...,, hopefully it helps n you also get the other sorted.. Good Luck............

• 2 months later...

I appear to be having the same problem as the OP. The only way for me select more than one unit at a time is to hold the Ctrl button and select units from the bottom of the HUD. I can't do it by selecting units on the battlefield no matter where about on the unit I click, I also can't select any units by clicking and dragging to make a box around several units.

Should i report this through the in game bug report mechanism as well?

• 1 month later...