Game-Labs Forum

[PVP1-EU] The US Nation Declares Victory over Danmark-Norge

Christendom

On 2/5/2017 at 11:22 PM, E.P. Juel said:

Aww, was the declaration of victory not the cherry of the nightflip? 

Dear Americans, Gods of Nightflips. Accept your fate, when timers return you have burned every bridge. Sweden don't like you anymore, you also nightflipped them, Spain you insult more than anyone and the danish well. :)  Zergs will eventually forget you and Spain will be at your door. And so will we, contesting your ports in US timezone in weekends, staying up late. Real effort to take a port will again be the dish, not dirty basecapping against no opponents. The game will be playable again for all EU factions opposing you(EU nations on your side wont feel different), who can finally have lives besides this hobby. Take Ponce, night flip all you can before it's too late - your days are numbered and soon, very soon it will be over and you have to face aaaaal the battles we have not had yet with the danish. 

You Christendom, will most of all be remembered as the one who led this pathetic player attrition tactic, causing players to leave. Every single thing you accuse danes of have done in the past and how bad you feel mistreated in past events of exploiting on the server, is NOTHING compared to what you are currently doing. US have had the option to nightflip since hostility patch. If some ppl starts defend at first, you just fake attack workday nights, until you bore them out and they stop. What did you expect? Exactly that I suppose, and a hell of a lot of ports to declare "its a win no matter how you see it" thingy here. You just need your 1000 points 3AM on a tuesday, no battle and you declare victory. I'm sure you will have a great victory at Ponce and "manifest your destiny" like US does every time they night flip with no resistance.

Have fun, cya in the near future o/

The US nation will not apologize for seeking RvR during its own prime time hours. Your nation is no more entitled to seek RvR during your prime time hours than the US nation is entitled to seek RvR in ours.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Christendom said:

Bullshit and salt aside, we appreciate getting a fight at Ponce guys.  Thanks for coming out, it was fun.  

Yeah, it was something else but throwing rotten tomatoes and foul words at each other.

You could actually have far more of this fun - if you could place port battles so, that both sides can fight them.
I mean, there MUST be a time, which is halfways convenient for Europeans as well as fo r Americans.

I know it is tricky; I like flying with a friend from Florida.
When I start late to accomodate him, I start at 23 h, and for him it is only 17 h - he must either still work
or care for the dinner. For him, 19 h would be better - but then it is already 01:00 h in the night for me.

But we sometimes manage to meet - and it is always big fun!

Edited by Olham

14 minutes ago, Olham said:

Yeah, it was something else but throwing rotten tomatoes and foul words at each other.

You could actually have far more of this fun - if you could place port battles so, that both sides can fight them.
I mean, there MUST be a time, which is halfways convenient for Europeans as well as fo r Americans.

I know it is tricky; I like flying with a friend from Florida.
When I start late to accomodate him, I start at 23 h, and for him it is only 17 h - he must either still work
or care for the dinner. For him, 19 h would be better - but then it is already 01:00 h in the night for me.

But we sometimes manage to meet - and it is always big fun!

Yea we were scraping the bottom of the barrel for attendance tonight.   Weekdays are usually our best time of the week, for some reason we just can't reliably get 25 on during the weekends.   

7 hours ago, Chijohnaok said:

The US nation will not apologize for seeking RvR during its own prime time hours. Your nation is no more entitled to seek RvR during your prime time hours than the US nation is entitled to seek RvR in ours.  

Did I ask you to apologize? No. Only think I ask for is timers and in this process, both in-game and here US showed grieving/trolling response and gameplay.

Did you seek RvR only in workday only to deliberately flip against no resistance? Yes.

Did you start fake attacking workdays when you saw us defend, to tire us out of defending ports? Yes.

Did you call us every mean/diminishing name in the book when we dared saying something is wrong with night-flips, when only one nation is US based? Yes. And you cannot apprehend this fact.  

We can be happy that every other nation than you have EU primetime, so yes, we can do RvR in our primetime, because all nations are online, except US. Its not the same the other way around buddy. It's easy to see. That you cannot is only because you have monopol for night-flips. No discussion can be had with the Americans, they simply just say you are wrong and show you a picture of a cat =)  You have your right as Americans, Citizens of this global earth, you just want your god damn right to nightflip - that's your only argument!

12 minutes ago, Wraith said:

The problem is that for our West coast players that's still middle of the work day, 2 pm. And you and your allies still managed a full battle so it seems there's enough motivation and time zone coverage despite all the whining about quitting? Perhaps all of this can be put to rest.

But agreed, thanks for the fight!

Trust me, I don't think anybody really wanted to be there. hence the elevated salt levels in chat I guess (I watched the recorded battle).

So to speak about motivation is a dangerous line. That can be crossed easily and any chance of getting fights gets a lot less likely.

And expecting Eu players to stay up and give fights to US west coast players is completely unrealistic. I'm sorry, but there is only so much the eastern red eye brigade can do to accomodate you.

Edited by Kloothommel
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Yea we were scraping the bottom of the barrel for attendance tonight.   Weekdays are usually our best time of the week, for some reason we just can't reliably get 25 on during the weekends.   

You did get 25 to La Vega on a Friday, the only weekend attack from US since mid december =) 2 months soon. I think you are a lying little bird, but again no surprise. =) 

Edited by E.P. Juel
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Christendom said:

Bullshit and salt aside, we appreciate getting a fight at Ponce guys.  Thanks for coming out, it was fun.  

Yeah well.. don't get too used to it.. Seems like those workday flips are what you prefer and well - we won't keep giving you content.. I've been promised by the devs that they will solve the nightflip issue - which is why I participate, for now. But the saddest thing of all - you could have all the fun of a fully contested PB (without the salt, the toxic and the hatred) if you had just flipped the ports in the weekends. As it is - it's just embarrassing to watch your so-called "manifest destiny" to take empty ports and wear out everyone else. 

IF you really wanted content. IF you reeeeally wanted those fully contested PBs at your leisure - you'd have broken the alliance with the brits and pitted yourself against their aussies who must be feeling the same need for content.

I still say the only possible solution is three servers on each continent. And a more engaging endgame as the current has shown it's wants by the huge number of players that quickly stops playing the game, most after reaching max craft/rank (which would get more ppl back to the servers and thereby give everyone a larger playerbase). 

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

The chat and salt was pretty outrageous. It doesn't go very far towards easing tensions or discouraging continued aggression out of no motivation beyond pure spite.

Well I'm feeling pretty spitefull.. Why shouldn't I? You can just go to the PvP2US server and get all the content in the world.. Instead of ruining my sleep.

Or if you're feeling some misguided sense of love on the PvP1EU server - just drop out of the alliance with the brits and pitch yourself against their nighties.. that way u get content at your preffered hours and we get to sleep through the nights on workdays.

Yes please! The old king is dead long live the king.

As US player I voted for Sweden as Alli. Hope many will follow and change their voting behavior and mind. So we can have new alliance collations.

Screw regions. Its more fun to pvp!

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bearwall said:

I still say the only possible solution is three servers on each continent. And a more engaging endgame as the current has shown it's wants by the huge number of players that quickly stops playing the game, most after reaching max craft/rank (which would get more ppl back to the servers and thereby give everyone a larger playerbase). 

Wait, 3 servers on each continent??

3 servers in Europe, 3 servers in North America, 3 servers in Asia/Oceania......you will end up with port battles consisting of 5-10 players on each side.  And don't even imagine you will ever see an enemy player in OW for PvP.

• Like 3

Just now, Chijohnaok said:

Wait, 3 servers on each continent??

3 servers in Europe, 3 servers in North America, 3 servers in Asia/Oceania......you will end up with port battles consisting of 5-10 players on each side.  And don't even imagine you will ever see an enemy player in OW for PvP.

lol don't be a greater fool than you're bad at PBs.. I meant 1 server on each continent.. Which you well know.. 

3 hours ago, Bearwall said:

lol don't be a greater fool than you're bad at PBs.. I meant 1 server on each continent.. Which you well know.. 

I was simply responding to what YOU wrote.  I was taking you at your word.  How am I to know what is in your mind?

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Actually, why don't you go over to PvP2? I hear the small nations there can use some help in all time zones? The PvP1EU==Located-in-Germany server (fixed that for you) works just fine for me and our players. And you are the only one responsible for ruining your sleep sir.

It's all just pixels people! You can always come back on the weekend and retake the port then if you're so superior. Don't bother to show up if you have better things to do! This is a hobby, not real life, and if it's impacting you so negatively then perhaps it's time to take a step away?  I mean, @E.P. Juel doesn't even play the game he just blathers on the forum.

Perhaps it's better that way because we certainly don't need even more salt in Global and battle chat when all we are trying to do is have some fun. :) 

Well.. Honestly I would go over to the PvP2US server.. IF the devs offered every player on the PvP1EU server the opportunity to move to the PvP2US server AND promised there would be serverwide lockouts.. Then I think you'd experience the PvP1EU server as dead and void as the PvP2US currently is.. Problem here is that no where does it say that PvP1EU only refers to server placements - And the server merge won't really fix anything for US players.. You'd still be bad PvP'ers, you'd still be all alone in the server in your primetime and the server depopulation would still continue.. This whole idea that a servermerge will suddenly fix everything is to be frank rather infantile - the problem isn't the lack of content due to low playernumbers - they've been on the decline for months, the problem lies in combat mechanics, RvR (and yes this includes nightflips) and a general lack of endgame content.. These issues will not be fixed by a server merge, nor by a server exodus.. The server split is only 1 step on a long road to salvaging this game..

1 minute ago, Chijohnaok said:

I was simply responding to what YOU wrote.  I was taking you at your word.  How am I to know what is in your mind?

Well.. every child and their mother would..

5 hours ago, Christendom said:

Well, I shouldn't tell an "enemy", Christendom, but since you spoke so frankly: for us it is rather the other way round - we cannot stay up so late in the night
during week days, or otherwise we will be kinda wrecked at work the other day.

I think it would be good for all, if some solution could be found for the PB times.
My 2 cents: let Port Battles be placed in a time which is convenient for the defenders.
The Aggressor can choose, if he wants to sacrifice some sleep.

5 hours ago, Wraith said:

...you and your allies still managed a full battle so it seems there's enough motivation and time zone coverage despite all the whining about quitting?

Wraith, there was no such thing as "whining" - Vikings NEVER whine (except, maybe, when they steal all our beer supplies...)!
We were not "whining" - we were complaining. We were asking for a change that fits all, to avoid further stress and bad words.

And as you see in the quotes above: for the Americans even it was also unconvenient.

There was no "time-zone coverage" for the most of us - we fought this battle at 02:19 h in the night.
Not a time you can do it often during week days - I guess you may agree.

Edited by Olham
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Olham said:

Well, I shouldn't tell an "enemy", Christendom, but since you spoke so frankly: for us it is rather the other way round - we cannot stay up so late in the night
during week days, or otherwise we will be kinda wrecked at work the other day.

I think it would be good for all, if some solution could be found for the PB times.
My 2 cents: let Port Battles be placed in a time which is convenient for the defenders.
The Aggressor can choose, if he wants to sacrifice some sleep.

The old system was basically defender sets the time, attacker stays up.  It was almost universally hated by everyone....so I'm really sure why we are so desperate for it to return.  I don't really care either way.  I do know that even if the port timers change and the US captures say Santa Domingo again on EU time and then sets the timer to US primetime the forum community will still continue to bitch.  Whatever system we end up with I just don't want to have to grind PVE fleets to trigger port battles.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

The countless threads like this one, instigated and maintained primarily by Dane-players, who have lied and said they're "quitting the game" instead of getting on and just having fun is evidence to the contrary. Though if you are truly of Nordic descent then I might be willing to concede that point given that most of the whining seems to be done by Dane-players with other cultural backgrounds.

It has not been said from Danmark-Norge that we are "quitting the game". Just a statement of fact by players like myself, who still play this game, although less actively, that what I can see from my Steam friend list, in-game friend list and clan list is that the majority of the players who made up the RUS/RDNN RvR fleet are now playing other games instead of Naval Action and has done so for a couple of months. Some of them still come online to help out with a port battle from time to time, but this player attrition has been happening ever since the map wipe and the broken screening. It escalated before (protestant) Christmas when players expected announcement of a fix for the broken screening, and yet nothing happened. 

Regarding whining, RUS/RDNN can take no responsibility for what members of other clans express. So called "Night flips" are a part of the game, but they also expose a problem with the server balance and the game mechanics. I commend the US players for exposing this issue, as is our purpose as alpha testers. It is up to the devs to find a solution for it. This game is not our job, and if the devs do not focus on making it fun, then players will choose to spend their spare time on other games. When some of the top issues are fixed, players' tolerance for staying up late/waking up early to participate in the game will also increase, as long as it is kept sustainable. 

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...