Game-Labs Forum

Pvp1 what would you like to see regarding alliances!

monk33y

Pvp1 -how would you like our future to be  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel the currant alliance system is good or bad for the server?

• Good
    • Bad
    • Not sure
  2. 2. How many allies should each nation have?

• Two (currant)
    • One
    • Zero
  3. 3. Do you trust your current national diplomats? Do you feel they have your best interests at heart!

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know!
  4. 4. Would you be in favour of trying an alliance wipe (free for all)

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. If you voted yes to previous question, for how long would you like to see the alliances voided for a free for all?

• One week
    • Two weeks
    • Three weeks
    • Four weeks +
  6. 6. Would you instead prefer an allies reset? Allowing for free allie picking!

• Yes
    • No
  7. 7. Would you like to see the server continue as it is?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know!

I think one thing that will help each server would be a region reset so you have to start over every couple months and it doesn't become a stale mate and hardly any one fights any one like on PvP2.   And why they do that reset all alliances should be reset so that there is at least one week with no alliances at all.

46 minutes ago, monk33y said:

Feel free to post opinions/ wants /needs.

Let's show your national diplomats how we feel ahead of this meeting on Saturday 

Polling flaw.  Even if you voted "No" for #4, you are still required to input a response for #5.

Maybe add "Not Applicable" as a choice for #5.

Edited by Chijohnaok
  • Like 2

Imo.

1. Only one ally.

2. Different status. Ally/Neutral/War.

Ally - like we have atm. You cant attack allies in ow. You can reinforce your pb with ally but only 7 max players from ally nation is allowed.

Neutral - can dock & trade. No ship building. No outposts. We have free ports after all. Can attack in OW. After xxx amount of attacks nations automatically goes to war. Cant join each others pbs. Eventually no attacking in OW but only in national waters. Which means if im dutch and have neutral status with french i cant attack them in dutch waters and france waters. But i can do it arround gb/esp/dn etc waters. That would be best option imo.

war - like now.

3. Possibility to end war status via voting. If we`r at war with someone we vote "green" for them and get neutral status back. This is to prevent rogue clans/players to start wars without option to counters it.

Same with ending alliance.

Alliance lasts 1 month.

4. Redistribute a bit region trims, resources and balance resource builds of ships.

What i want to see is that there is possibility that every alliance have acess to resources. For example we have atleast 4 regions with live oak, 4 with gold, 4+ silver etc etc etc.

5. I would like to see more possibilities for pve players to influence rvr somehow. No idea how besides rising hostility/war supplies but would be nice to have it imo.

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I think one thing that will help each server would be a region reset so you have to start over every couple months and it doesn't become a stale mate and hardly any one fights any one like on PvP2.   And why they do that reset all alliances should be reset so that there is at least one week with no alliances at all.

Wanted to comment on this with an idea that's been bouncing around in my head. Spawned a new thread to not drag this one off topic.

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Sandbox and server reset?
If it goes in, im out. Sorry it doesnt work together.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leku said:

Sandbox and server reset?
If it goes in, im out. Sorry it doesnt work together.

Sorry it worked just fine in POTBS.  The problem is folks get into stalemate and don't want change and you need to have resets or there will never be change or you have to have balance.  Right now there is no system to balance out the nations.    Sooner or later PvP1 is going to end up like PvP2

• Like 1

Danish+spain+Sweden+French is already seeing his territory beeing reduce bye Britain (and few dutch and few us). Decreasing the number of ally will just improve the problem or make the alliance A + Alliance B focus on Alliance C with some players for alliances A attacking players of alliance B with alts as it has been made from swedish before with british clan drunk playing sweden to destroy the alliance between french and sweden.

So, untill the devs fixed an alliance not per number of nation but per number of players i don't see a best pack of alliance than now. Maybe dutch could try to join us to see if it's enough to balance the number of brits but i'm not sure tbh that he may be enough.

Overall the game was more enjoyable when there wasn't an alliance system

Sure it sucked that some people wouldn't follow the majority of a nation, or a few folks would go about as they please...but that was the beauty of it, and it was readily assumed that there were always folks in your nation who would do what they want whether you created an "alliance" or not with another nation in those times.

The only downside was not being able to join a Port Battle with your friends because there was no alliance system, and even then it wasn't that bad.

So I'd prefer no alliance...and if we do need alliances, only 1 ally at a time.

Going further with Leku, I agree we should have neutral status added.