Game-Labs Forum

PVP Two USA server issue

Captains, at the moment PVP Two US server is down due to hardware provider fault. We are clarifying reasons of the outage and estimated time until it will be fixed, and will keep you posted.

Sorry for inconveniences.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Go figure....hay at least it wasn't a merger without telling us or something.  Guess I'll just go back to playing the other game.   Not like we can do things during our prime time any way.  You know like Port battles and other stuff.

It's no ones fault, these things happen. You should be more forgiving, there is a whole world outside. 

1 minute ago, jblynch said:

It's no ones fault, these things happen. You should be more forgiving, there is a whole world outside. 

The port battle lock out during US prime time is there fault.  So we can't even do game stuff during our prime time.  That is what I'm talking.  Servers go down, but it's a problem with who they picked as a provider and seems to happen a lot.  I get it's a test server and you don't need the best provider right now, but if this ever goes live and gets the numbers back up they won't be able to handle it with the current provider.  That was very much seen with the EU server back when they had to mirror that one.  

You have 5 post since March.....alt account?  Might want to get a little more involved with things.  Some of us aren't exactly happy with how they are taking things in the game specially vs it's US player base.

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The port battle lock out during US prime time is there fault.  So we can't even do game stuff during our prime time.  That is what I'm talking.  Servers go down, but it's a problem with who they picked as a provider and seems to happen a lot.  I get it's a test server and you don't need the best provider right now, but if this ever goes live and gets the numbers back up they won't be able to handle it with the current provider.  That was very much seen with the EU server back when they had to mirror that one.  

You have 5 post since March.....alt account?  Might want to get a little more involved with things.  Some of us aren't exactly happy with how they are taking things in the game specially vs it's US player base.

This isn't an alt account, I just didn't use my in game name: Galt. Any news I need is usually posted and I just check for updates, not get into online arguments. (This is an exceptions, the devs deserve defending on this one.) Servers are tricky and while I agree they could try using a better provider, the developers don't strike me as Midas-eqsue so I can understand with having to go with the cheap yet somewhat reliable provider because servers are not cheap (I work for a university IT division and it seems like servers are just constant work.) 

My point: it wasn't deliberate, I am sure they are working to get it resolved as quickly as they can. The fact that they made a forum post means that they are aware but since I am guessing that it's a NA server and it's 11:04pm my time, it might be hard to get a hold of someone to fix it quickly. (Not sure who their provider is, 24 support can also be complicated.) Besides, was there even a battle scheduled for now? you boys flipped Port-au-Prince (last I heard. (see you Saturday.))

Most providers have some one on 24/7 call if not at the location for there servers.  Got a buddy he even has one of the servers located in his home for his company.   So if it goes down he just reboots it locally.   I'm still wondering who there provider is cause it seems to have a lot of issues and I'm going to guess it's prob not a main company that does games.  When I do a search for providers in that region I get a lot of company that do it for corporations like restaurants and such.   I did finally got the IP I think for it.  The servers are located in  Piscataway, New Jersey area so who knows might be storming there right now.

Yah prob help if you used your in game name.   

16 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Most providers have some one on 24/7 call if not at the location for there servers.  Got a buddy he even has one of the servers located in his home for his company.   So if it goes down he just reboots it locally.   I'm still wondering who there provider is cause it seems to have a lot of issues and I'm going to guess it's prob not a main company that does games.

reliablesite hosts the pvp2 server, they are connected to choopa, and the facility is owned by QTS.