Game-Labs Forum

My five minutes as a Nat

So I decided I would try the national thing, I created a French character on PVP 2 just to try it. That lasted 5 minutes. I sailed from the capital (not the rookie one) to collect fish and hit enemy AI to build money. There was I believe 2 pirate AI but nothing I could hit in a basic cutter. The nearest enemy waters are probably an hour sail away. Imo, the reason people say OW PVP is dead is because everyone is friends with their neighbor! On both servers, DN, Sweden, and France are allied. Maybe the rookie zone was a good idea; any new player to the game from one of those factions is bound to get bored in Eastern Antilles. I guess I like pirate bc I'm lazy. ? I like not having to sail far to be in enemy waters. As soon as I can remake that character with that name, I'm choosing pirate on PvP2. 

• Like 7

Being a Nat is not for everyone, nor is being a pirate.  I was in a prosperous and fruitful clan fighting under the American flag, but when that clan went Pirate, I refused to join them.  Oh, did they try hard to recruit me.  Simply put, the pirates life is not for me; I like politics and the alliances and wars that develop from the politics. That is when I re-rolled on PvP1 and left PvP2.

Of course, if we all wanted to be pirates, there would be no Nats for you to pick fights with. 

Edited by Yar Matey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Yes, they are sexy. Although I chose France bc it wasn't in the Britain/US alliance and I wanted to try national play as an underdog. :)

Take some rats with you to the Spanish nation. :) Alas though, it seems almost 90% of players leave nations to go rat instead of rerolling to small nations. :/

2 hours ago, Yar Matey said:

Being a Nat is not for everyone, nor is being a pirate.

I'd probably really enjoy being a pirate, if I didn't have to fly that awful tatty black rag from my ship. I marched over to the pirate nation several months ago and got to work in my Yacht, but I gave up after an hour or so because the flag bugged me so much. It is silly, I know, but why would I fly that horrible thing when I could have the lovely Danish flag fluttering in the wind, trailing beautifully behind my ship? I'd make an exception for Edward Low's flag, but the standard Rackham flag isn't for me.

10 hours ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Yes, they are sexy. Although I chose France bc it wasn't in the Britain/US alliance and I wanted to try national play as an underdog. :)

I made my extra Pirate Spain when I started him just to try out a low pop nation, there was only 5 Spanish at that time.  Got bored and when every one took them down to less than 5 ports I just rolled him over to pirate cause it was more simple that way. If he didn't have the gunboat BP (hint hint who my pirate alt is as ;).   I would prob re-roll him back Prob if they ever got number and if they did a whipe.  I plan to have one National Char any way when the game release, but was going to do Pirate on one server and National on the other.   I did recently make a baby Dane since I figure that would be a better nation to fight with and not have to worry about BP's and such or being called a Pirate alt in a nation.  I even made it very openly clear it's my Dane alt.  I still think I should of just named him Lil Texas lol.  Oh and let me know when your on what your Pirate name is.  I can drag you into the the BLACK clan.   We could use the extra help of a few more good players that aren't afraid to fly the BLACK FLAG.

8 hours ago, van der Decken said:

Take some rats with you to the Spanish nation. :) Alas though, it seems almost 90% of players leave nations to go rat instead of rerolling to small nations. :/

That is cause when you have a three way alliance (or even two) with the largest nations and no one fights each other.  Folks get bored, so your PvPers re-roll into a nation that fights folks.  That is why Pirates tend to have the better PvPers and not a bunch of cry baby care bears PvEres who refuse to fight each other.

Do you honestly want us to roll into a nation?  If we did and it was a small nation we have exactly every thing we have right now that we had as pirates plus we can have alliances with other nations.  So say we rolled Spain.   The whole black clan.  Than we do an alliance with Danes.  We fight at eve and they fight at morning and we roll the map.  We both can pull in say swede and France to help the little guys so now you have the 4 smallest nations with the best PvPers rolling the three largest care bear nations with a bunch of PvEers.   You see how this won't solve anything?  

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:57 PM, Anne Wildcat said:

So I decided I would try the national thing, I created a French character on PVP 2 just to try it. That lasted 5 minutes. I sailed from the capital (not the rookie one) to collect fish and hit enemy AI to build money. There was I believe 2 pirate AI but nothing I could hit in a basic cutter. The nearest enemy waters are probably an hour sail away. Imo, the reason people say OW PVP is dead is because everyone is friends with their neighbor! On both servers, DN, Sweden, and France are allied. Maybe the rookie zone was a good idea; any new player to the game from one of those factions is bound to get bored in Eastern Antilles. I guess I like pirate bc I'm lazy. ? I like not having to sail far to be in enemy waters. As soon as I can remake that character with that name, I'm choosing pirate on PvP2. 

Nice tryiing with France (it's the right choice ;) ), but I think you're missing the whole point of outposts.  They get you where you want to be, fast, as long as TP option is not removed from the game.

If your goal is pvp, you have outposts, put them where you need them.  If your goal is trading, you have outposts, put them where you need them.  If your goal is to set up for a hostility buildup, you have outposts, put them where you need them.  If your goal is quick movement between spread out national regions, you have outposts, put them where you need them.  In other words, I think your observation is flawed.  But having said that, you're right about one thing, France pvp2 has almost always since I've played been confined to a limited area of control.  If you wanted pvp close to home, you should've switched to France pvp2 during the Dane zerg. :lol:

• Like 2

On 1/26/2017 at 10:28 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

Do you honestly want us to roll into a nation?  If we did and it was a small nation we have exactly every thing we have right now that we had as pirates plus we can have alliances with other nations.  So say we rolled Spain.   The whole black clan.  Than we do an alliance with Danes.  We fight at eve and they fight at morning and we roll the map.  We both can pull in say swede and France to help the little guys so now you have the 4 smallest nations with the best PvPers rolling the three largest care bear nations with a bunch of PvEers.   You see how this won't solve anything?  

16d.gif