Game-Labs Forum

PVP1 - Diplomacy Summit (Sat 1/28 15:00 GMT)

Christendom

50 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

think maybe 3-4 months ago ...it might have worked ..too many  real or perceived exploits used ... counter exploit ,,, threats to quit or spoil each others gaming ...since then . dont forget this meeting on saturday is because of the danes threat to quit the game because they lost a few ports ... not because anyone cheated or used exploits of game mechanics .. but because a group of people played the game at their own convenience rather than at the Danes convenience .. 

Yes it is getting worse. This downward spiral need to be stopped, it creates a fun atmosphere in RvR for exactly noone. I'm out of the loop when it comes to diplomacy so maybe I am wrong on some of the details. But I knew that when I saw the two simultaneous port battles against the US scheduled 5 minutes after the christmas cease fire ended that shit was about to hit the fan, and I can understand your anger. I was furious, too.

So much so that I went to Sveno and NorthViking (diplomats for SE,DK the two attacking PB factions), being no diplomat myself, and I expected them to argue and quarrel with me, or basically say gtfo, but to my amazement this happened: they agreed. Not only did they agree, they even went out of their way to make an offer to the US that to me as a long time player of the US/GB/NL alliance sounded more than reasonable.

We could have had a deal that day. But it was made impossible by all this built up crap, the blood was up and I got to witness as neutral observer two sides that are not composed of evil people (Lord Fishsticks excepted, of course :)), nor of unreasonable or dumb people being unable to come to terms when viewed rationally the deal was by balanced, part ways, and here we are.

I'm trying to play for all factions until the game releases. Next stop will be the US, then (probably) France.
I think if more people did this we would have a better game. The option to switch factions isn't really feasible for many players due to mechanics, so the next best thing is that factions change blocs.

Get on it, and good luck, diplomats.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

It is a healthy attitude. It might not be the best for varying gameplay but it is surely healthy. [..]

+

36 minutes ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

Please don't ever come back!

= Healthy atmosphere in a game, yes? :)

• Like 2

Funny how when a side lose

someone invent this meetings for the "sake" of the game, usually made by people who not have a single pb under their belt, yet they think they rilevant and wanna speak for their nation lol.

every agreement made for the sake of the game, made the game worst, it lasted very short, and was a waste of time.

so is for this snoopy you where in national ts3? for beg for this? LOL

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 1

This may be above your villain character impersonation's head but even after leaving GB, I actually still like to come back and play other games and chat with many of those people.

This is apparently such an alien concept to you that the only reason I'd be on the Brit TS is to "beg" for something, but diplomacy didn't even come up, you can ask the people who were there. I presume feeling welcome didn't happen when you left the US?

And should I assume you meant me with this?

14 minutes ago, Lord Vicious said:

[..]usually made by people who not have a single pb under their belt, yet they think they rilevant and wanna speak for their nation lol.[..]

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

This may be above your villain character impersonation's head but even after leaving GB, I actually still like to come back and play other games and chat with many of those people.

This is apparently such an alien concept to you that the only reason I'd be on the Brit TS is to "beg" for something, but diplomacy didn't even come up, you can ask the people who were there. I presume feeling welcome didn't happen when you left the US?

And should I assume you meant me with this?

no not  was for you "the pb thing" i think who needed to receive that got it.

Oh when we left usa we got welcome with open arms into the pirates.  more then one nation wanted us, as well before we switched to brit other nations where happy to have us. but Beside that, nah i am merely linking the dots...dont take it personal :)

But if you like, yeah i dont feel at home even at my home, thats keep my mind in a continuous state of  being both on the alert and paranoic, thats why i keep a rigorous regime of drug assumption for keep the mind let say, flexible

ps: keep your appeasment policy, guess how ended after...

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lord Vicious said:

Funny how when a side lose

someone invent this meetings for the "sake" of the game, usually made by people who not have a single pb under their belt, yet they think they rilevant and wanna speak for their nation lol.

every agreement made for the sake of the game, made the game worst, it lasted very short, and was a waste of time.

so is for this snoopy you where in national ts3? for beg for this? LOL

Knowing snoopy he was there to play world of warships with us, he is in our clan on there.

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 0:44 AM, Snoopy said:

Yes it is getting worse. This downward spiral need to be stopped, it creates a fun atmosphere in RvR for exactly noone. I'm out of the loop when it comes to diplomacy so maybe I am wrong on some of the details. But I knew that when I saw the two simultaneous port battles against the US scheduled 5 minutes after the christmas cease fire ended that shit was about to hit the fan, and I can understand your anger. I was furious, too.

So much so that I went to Sveno and NorthViking (diplomats for SE,DK the two attacking PB factions), being no diplomat myself, and I expected them to argue and quarrel with me, or basically say gtfo, but to my amazement this happened: they agreed. Not only did they agree, they even went out of their way to make an offer to the US that to me as a long time player of the US/GB/NL alliance sounded more than reasonable.

We could have had a deal that day. But it was made impossible by all this built up crap, the blood was up and I got to witness as neutral observer two sides that are not composed of evil people (Lord Fishsticks excepted, of course :)), nor of unreasonable or dumb people being unable to come to terms when viewed rationally the deal was by balanced, part ways, and here we are.

I'm trying to play for all factions until the game releases. Next stop will be the US, then (probably) France.
I think if more people did this we would have a better game. The option to switch factions isn't really feasible for many players due to mechanics, so the next best thing is that factions change blocs.

Funny i made 1 deal in na it lasted a year. and both side honored it in bad and good moments. Cant say the same for anyone else or any nation wich all changed faction, alliance, agreements, drama lama etc etc   So wich word is more honorable?    

And i am the unreliable-unreasonable evil. LOL.

~ Despite being National News brawl no one gave you the liberty to spew that kind of language towards other players. Keep offenses within limited vocabulary and expressions. ~ The Moderation Team

1 minute ago, Lord Vicious said:

no not meant you..  i think who needed to receive that got it.

Oh when we left usa we got welcome with open arms into the pirates.  more then one nation wanted us, as well before we switched to brit other nations where happy to have us. but Beside that, nah i am merely linking the dots...dont take it personal :)

Fair enough :)

Look, I don't care which side I play for, I'm not running anybody's errands here, I just want to shoot my guns in fair PvP - and the only source of that is RvR at the moment. Rivalry is all good, but it comes with a level of baggage right now, every insignificant intransigence is instantly turned into an outrage it stops being fun even for neutrals.

3 minutes ago, Lord Vicious said:

Funny i made 1 deal in na it lasted a year. and both side honored it in bad and good moments. Cant say the same for anyone else or any nation wich all changed faction, alliance, agreements, drama lama etc etc

And i am the unreliable-unreasonable evil. LOL.  

I didn't say you are unreasonable. I said you are evil. :P

There is a difference!

• Like 1

On 25/1/2017 at 11:19 PM, Johny Reb said:

I think it depends on what is actually going to be talked about. If this talk covers diplomacy between the two alliance blocks on future interaction then I think that in no way should the conversation be immediately released for public consumption.  Those kinds of meetings often use "diplomatic tactics" to get the agreements made. It provides to much fodder for trolls and will cause discussions for the following weeks about decisions already made. The time for the general player base to involve themselves in these discussions is before the discussion with their national leadership/diplos.

Now, if this meeting is simply to find a solution to various issues in the game in order to provide a united front to the admins then I don't see the harm in letting people listen in, as long as we are all joining the discussion as friends and not adversaries.

You seams very eager to hide a meeting that was called pubblic, something to hide already?

Also who put you in charge of anything? from what i know you didnt take partecipation in a single usa pb since pb system changed, yet you speak like you in charge of the usa rapresentative, going around taking credits for battles you not even seen with a pellew sight. 

This is a forum for naval action players, not  for ppl who talk about naval action in ts3/forums and never play .  There is other people leading usa now, give them space for the moment they didnt manage to get it wiped to a clan twice as you did :)   but are slowly getting some results so i find funny that you try to jump taking credits around for the job  that someone else did.

1 hour ago, Snoopy said:

I really didnt get angry that the Danes attacked the US ... I DID FIND IT FUNNY they failed ... the deal wasnt a really a good one if its the one i think you mean ..If I was a US player I would have declined it too ..we need to remember its a war game self declared neutral zones ...ceasefires and promises not to attack are BS ... it doesnt matter if you win or lose ...its pixels on a computer in a game with a world wide player base that's so small its insignificant ,,, the fact that the US have captured 2 danish ports ... means what ?  ...nothing ...no one is going to become famous ,,no one is going to make a living by playing this game ....yet 20 odd people who probably don't even know each others real names are going to sit down and spend a couple of hours of their lives discussing the politics of a computer game even getting angry at each other  ..instead of just playing it ... its a bit silly really ..

48 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

Fair enough :)

Look, I don't care which side I play for, I'm not running anybody's errands here, I just want to shoot my guns in fair PvP - and the only source of that is RvR at the moment. Rivalry is all good, but it comes with a level of baggage right now, every insignificant intransigence is instantly turned into an outrage it stops being fun even for neutrals.

Diplomacy in game is decided by votes, by votes of the players, their will. You want the devs to enforce a mechanic that force players to choose against their will? I thought that in democracy the votes were the will of the people.

All toxic only because of that politics shit. And only because a few diplomats mean they speak or are king of a nation. Who put them in charge? What's the requirement to be a diplo? Be under the age of ten and hate people?

I really hope game labs make pirates great again. Then I don't have to care about toxic politicans in-game.

It a game after all. And if someone still needs satisfaction NA has a duel room.

3 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Who put them in charge? What's the requirement to be a diplo? Be under the age of ten and hate people?

In terms of the British nation on PvP1

1. The people did. If the diplomats weren't popular, didn't uphold the values of the collective clans and their members, didn't act in the interest of said clans, and the nation, or got too grabby with power and acted like dictators, they'd be thrown out on their arses and new ones would appear. Like it or hate it, there will always be someone at the top. People are always going to look for someone to make things happen. Better that than having no one and floundering about the map aimlessly. 

2. Not being a prick, not being a moron (debatable), and understanding a bit about talking to everyone to find enough common ground to move one step forward without making two steps back.

3. If hating people were a requisite, LV would be a diplomat.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, z4ys said:

All toxic only because of that politics shit. And only because a few diplomats mean they speak or are king of a nation. Who put them in charge? What's the requirement to be a diplo? Be under the age of ten and hate people?

I really hope game labs make pirates great again. Then I don't have to care about toxic politicans in-game.

It a game after all. And if someone still needs satisfaction NA has a duel room.

From what I understand, the diplomats from the US were asked if they would like to take the reigns of the port battle, defense efforts for various reasons. 

For other nations, I don't know.

Let's keep the bullshit off this thread.  The primary goal of this meeting is to come up with a list of ideas/plans/advisements to present to the devs as a unified front of their most populous server to hopefully stop this game from falling apart.  Nation politics will be addressed if we have the time and inclination.  

4 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Let's keep the bullshit off this thread.  The primary goal of this meeting is to come up with a list of ideas/plans/advisements to present to the devs as a unified front of their most populous server to hopefully stop this game from falling apart.  Nation politics will be addressed if we have the time and inclination.  

Idea would be to use the in-game alliance system and not to make diplo at 3rd party tools. So wanna be kings can't spread their poison through the hole community.