Game-Labs Forum

PVP1 - Diplomacy Summit (Sat 1/28 15:00 GMT)

Christendom

My homework for the diplomats this weekend:
Implement a system of alternating alliances.

Start with say (ES,GB,DK) vs (US,SE,FR,NL) or say (ES,GB,NL) vs (US,DK,SE,FR) or..

It's not as impossible and insane as it looks. Both sides are not beyond reason, I know this. You just need to get rid of the pile of crap you have built up flinging at each other.

• Like 5

Could you guys ask the Devs (if all nation's agree) to suspend all alliances for two weeks!!

Let the players once again pick the fights! Let the 2week free for all influence future allies/enemies!!!

Let us the players do what we choose, if after 2 weeks of war everywhere we pick the same allies more fool us!

7 minutes ago, monk33y said:

Could you guys ask the Devs (if all nation's agree) to suspend all alliances for two weeks!!

Let the players once again pick the fights! Let the 2week free for all influence future allies/enemies!!!

Let us the players do what we choose, if after 2 weeks of war everywhere we pick the same allies more fool us!

StarCraft-2-Easy-Zerg-Buildorder-1080x67

6 hours ago, Snoopy said:

My homework for the diplomats this weekend:
Implement a system of alternating alliances.

Start with say (ES,GB,DK) vs (US,SE,FR,NL) or say (ES,GB,NL) vs (US,DK,SE,FR) or..

It's not as impossible and insane as it looks. Both sides are not beyond reason, I know this. You just need to get rid of the pile of crap you have built up flinging at each other.

it kind of is insane .... the division is too deep ... you think if Brits were forcibly allied with spain and denmark ... people would vote to keep that alliance ,,,within a month the alliances would be as they are now ...

2nd i wouldn't leave port to help Spanish or Danes never mind sail the hour  or so we sail to help US or Dutch ..

its not going to work .. you cant force people to be allies and expect all to be happy

i would rather quit game and go do something else

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

it kind of is insane .... the division is too deep ... you think if Brits were forcibly allied with spain and denmark ... people would vote to keep that alliance ,,,within a month the alliances would be as they are now ...

2nd i wouldn't leave port to help Spanish or Danes never mind sail the hour  or so we sail to help US or Dutch ..

its not going to work .. you cant force people to be allies and expect all to be happy

Agreed.. No need for a summit - I'll wait for the devs to fix the issue..

1 minute ago, Grundgemunkey said:

Division too deep.. you are basically making my point here :)
Wouldn't you agree this means that something needs to be done? Or is this a healthy attitude for such a small community like ours, in a game that is in the development stage, that actual hatred between factions should be the norm? If nothing is done soon, will this be easier to mend in two months?

One of the key elements of Nations and Navies of the age was that their representatives' (diplomats and officers) attitude towards each was highly courteous and professional, especially in war. Dining with the captain of the enemy ship after battle was the norm. Shifting alliances were the norm. It seems to me it's high time we get a slice of this.

I know that a DK/GB alliance would be a hard one to swallow. So would the other pairings. It doesn't have to start with the most hated pairs first, try ES+GB, difficult too, but we need to start reassembling alliances on a regular basis, otherwise we will always remain in the trench you admitted being in.

There are cases where this has worked. US/GB had several wars/peace in this game already and the last war was good sportsmanship on both sides, which made the following alliance a lot easier. DK/SE making up would've been unthinkable, but it works. DK/NL breaking up - unthinkable until it happened. There is precedence. The good bit about changing coalitions on a regular basis is that these break ups won't be forever, you get to play with your friends again.

It would be a lot easier if this was part of a game mechanic. It isn't, so we need to do this via diplomacy.

It needs to happen.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

One of the key elements of Nations and Navies of the age was that their representatives' (diplomats and officers) attitude towards each was highly courteous and professional, especially in war. Dining with the captain of the enemy ship after battle was the norm. Shifting alliances were the norm. It seems to me it's high time we get a slice of this.

My ships extends an offer to you and your officers to dine on board my ship, the USS Constitution.

Dinner will be piped at 7pm EST (00:00) server time.  

I will ask the cook to prepare a low salt meal.

Don't be late.  ;-)

Edited by Chijohnaok
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

Wouldn't you agree this means that something needs to be done? Or is this a healthy attitude for such a small community like ours, in a game that is in the development stage, that actual hatred between factions should be the norm? If nothing is done soon, will this be easier to mend in two months?

I know that a DK/GB alliance would be a hard one to swallow. So would the other pairings. It doesn't have to start with the most hated pairs first, try ES+GB, difficult too, but we need to start reassembling alliances on a regular basis, otherwise we will always remain in the trench you admitted being in.

There are cases where this has worked. US/GB had several wars/peace in this game already and the last war was good sportsmanship on both sides, which made the following alliance a lot easier. DK/SE making up would've been unthinkable, but it works. DK/NL breaking up - unthinkable until it happened. There is precedence. The good bit about changing coalitions on a regular basis is that these break ups won't be forever, you get to play with your friends again.

It would be a lot easier if this was part of a game mechanic. It isn't, so we need to do this via diplomacy.

It needs to happen.

think maybe 3-4 months ago ...it might have worked ..too many  real or perceived exploits used ... counter exploit ,,, threats to quit or spoil each others gaming ...since then . dont forget this meeting on saturday is because of the danes threat to quit the game because they lost a few ports ... not because anyone cheated or used exploits of game mechanics .. but because a group of people played the game at their own convenience rather than at the Danes convenience .. 

26 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

think maybe 3-4 months ago ...it might have worked ..too many  real or perceived exploits used ... counter exploit ,,, threats to quit or spoil each others gaming ...since then . dont forget this meeting on saturday is because of the danes threat to quit the game because they lost a few ports ... not because anyone cheated or used exploits of game mechanics .. but because a group of people played the game at their own convenience rather than at the Danes convenience .. 

We'll be back when we can have fun again.

And it's not only us.

Edited by Kloothommel

1 hour ago, Grundgemunkey said:

I will QUIT before I ally with the danes.  

Edited by Salty Dog PVP1
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

It needs to happen.

It is a healthy attitude. It might not be the best for varying gameplay but it is surely healthy. For a full year now the alliances haven't really changed even at the time when we were making them ourselves by jsut not attacking. I have fought alongside Dutch and US players for a full year and there is no way in hell I would now jsut leave these guys behind or even raise my hand against them just because the game commands me to. I'd rather not attack for one cycle and wait for us to be allied again then to break up what we managed to create!

• Like 1