Game-Labs Forum

Captured ships strange alteration

OneEyedSnake

No hack/exploit there. 

If a ship is controlled by AI (EG, Player AI Fleet - Or captured player ship on which you have put some crew).
Then when you capture the ship off the AI, the ship will change quality to a random build. 

Edited by TommyShelby
  • Like 3

Just now, TommyShelby said:

No hack/exploit there. 

Ship stats can change when captured in battle and then taken by someone else. 
EG: 
I have Exceptional Santissima, Live Oak. I get captured by P1 during a battle, then P2 puts crew on my ship and leaves battle.
P2 will not get an Exceptional Santissima, Live Oak. Instead he will get a random Santissima of whatever wood type.

In essence, it can be exploited (Build Grey 1st rate and exchange the ship with a player from different nation and hope for a better ship than you had originally). But the player in question didn't hack. 

when was this implemented? 

1 minute ago, OneEyedSnake said:

2 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:

No hack/exploit there. 

Ship stats can change when captured in battle and then taken by someone else. 
EG: 
I have Exceptional Santissima, Live Oak. I get captured by P1 during a battle, then P2 puts crew on my ship and leaves battle.
P2 will not get an Exceptional Santissima, Live Oak. Instead he will get a random Santissima of whatever wood type.

In essence, it can be exploited (Build Grey 1st rate and exchange the ship with a player from different nation and hope for a better ship than you had originally). But the player in question didn't hack. 

Could it have dropped from exceptional to blue when capped?

5 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Well its been like this for atleast a few months. 

The process i wrote might not be 100% correct when i come to think of it. (I'll edit my previous comment.) 

The ship must be controlled by AI (EG, Player AI Fleet - Or captured player ship on which you have put some crew).
Then when you capture the ship off the AI, the ship will change quality to a random build. 

Sorry for the confusion!!

Edited by TommyShelby
  • Like 1

It works. 

A mate and myself tested it extensively. The Developers are aware of the issue (We reported it with F11 but also in a private conversation). 

I can see if i still have Screenshots of it :)

Edit:
Snippet from my Private Convo with Ink:

Tommy Shelby to Ink.
"During our test's we noticed something else too. 
If you have a ship in your Player Fleet, and the enemy captures that ship. Then that ship will end up with new stats.
EG: I have Fir/Stiffness LGV in my fleet. Enemy captures it and the LGV he gets is Live Oak/Strong Hull. 

Basically you can "Cycle" 1 durability ships untill they have the stats you want. 

We have only tested the "Stats change" with Endymion, Indefatigable and LGV. We plan on testing with a Buc as well to see if it works for bigger ships too. Which would be game breaking
Our theory is that one could take a Basic 1st rate and turn it into a Mastercraft 2x Regional Trim ship. (L'Ocean + 2x Strong Hull forexample)."

Tommy Shelby to Ink (2).
"
We ended up checking with a Victory instead. It worked.

See imgur link for details on stats etc.

http://imgur.com/a/cdprA"

^ Check the Imgur link for more info. (Yes, we were testing other stuff but i'm not going to disclose what since it is very exploitable. Devs are aware of the other stuff we tested as well.) 

Edited by TommyShelby

Just now, TommyShelby said:

It works. 

A mate and myself tested it extensively. The Developers are aware of the issue (We reported it with F11 but also in a private conversation). 

I can see if i still have Screenshots of it :)

looks like grey to gold 1st rates are about to hit the server in large numbers. RIP. if there is one way to get things fixed, its to force the fix haha 

In a port battle the other day, an enemy captured one of our allie's wapens. He put crew on it but forgot to tell it to retreat, in the last few seconds of the battle, I got over to it and captured it (had only 2 crew on it). When I looked at it, it was exactly the same as the free one, exceptional mahogany planking strong hull. I could not break down the durability (wanted some parts, instead will use it in fleet I guess).

Don't know what is going on here. This is odd.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, [IGG] Willis PVP2 said:

In a port battle the other day, an enemy captured one of our allie's wapens. He put crew on it but forgot to tell it to retreat, in the last few seconds of the battle, I got over to it and captured it (had only 2 crew on it). When I looked at it, it was exactly the same as the free one, exceptional mahogany planking strong hull. I could not break down the durability (wanted some parts, instead will use it in fleet I guess).

Don't know what is going on here. This is odd.

Yah I was thinking maybe cause it was a NPC made ship that it would do that.  We have recapped many of our ships and never had the build change.  We get 1st rates back all the time like this in battles that we might of lost other wise so we only loose the mods not the ship.   Would be interesting to see the Devs response.  Cause this could be a pain when doing things like this to get ships back.  Since this is Tribunal section if it's found to be a bug please move it to the proper area so folks know about the bug.

3 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

looks like grey to gold 1st rates are about to hit the server in large numbers. RIP. if there is one way to get things fixed, its to force the fix haha 

Well now we know what to do with all them fine and other crappy built first rates we have captured lol   

Just joking folks just joking.  Though could be a way to give them to others and hope they get better ones lol....wonder if it's only the NPC made ones that are in fleets than?