Game-Labs Forum

Content plans for the first half of 2017

4 hours ago, kitsunelegend said:

I about this game back in Feb 7th, 2016. Thats almost a year and a half ago, and have put 311 hours into it, and I believe the UI is far far over due for a complete overhaul at this point.

This game is still in Alpha Development. I take it you have never done any Alpha/Beta Testing?  The last thing they work on before going to BETA is the bells and whistles which includes the UI.  Why would they up date the UI when they might change a bunch of features over and over?   They will wait until they are closer to final product. I been on game that had most of the UI and content locked out when we tested to not spoil the story line content as we where there to test the actually combat mechanics and such not play the game.  Than when the game released we got the surprise of some things that wasn't in the Alpha/Beta when we started the game over upon release to every one else.  

7 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

This game is still in Alpha Development. I take it you have never done any Alpha/Beta Testing?  The last thing they work on before going to BETA is the bells and whistles which includes the UI.  Why would they up date the UI when they might change a bunch of features over and over?   They will wait until they are closer to final product. I been on game that had most of the UI and content locked out when we tested to not spoil the story line content as we where there to test the actually combat mechanics and such not play the game.  Than when the game released we got the surprise of some things that wasn't in the Alpha/Beta when we started the game over upon release to every one else.  

I was apart of the CBT for WoWS, I am currently taking part in the alpha test of Medieval Engineers, took part in the alpha of Space Engineers, am taking part in the alpha of War of Rights, Heliborne, War Thunder Naval Forces, and Star Citizen. I also took part in the beta of Day of Infamy, and was a supertester for WoWS for a good amount of time.

All of those games, minus Space Engineers, had a nicely fleshed out and functioning UI, even in their alpha stages.

So yeah, I know my alphas decently well enough to know there are some serious priority issues with Game Labs and Naval Action, especially since one of the MAJOR issues with the game, is a severe lack of players, a lot of which has to do with the UI.

Edited by kitsunelegend

3 hours ago, kitsunelegend said:

I was apart of the CBT for WoWS, I am currently taking part in the alpha test of Medieval Engineers, took part in the alpha of Space Engineers, am taking part in the alpha of War of Rights, Heliborne, War Thunder Naval Forces, and Star Citizen. I also took part in the beta of Day of Infamy, and was a supertester for WoWS for a good amount of time.

All of those games, minus Space Engineers, had a nicely fleshed out and functioning UI, even in their alpha stages.

So yeah, I know my alphas decently well enough to know there are some serious priority issues with Game Labs and Naval Action, especially since one of the MAJOR issues with the game, is a severe lack of players, a lot of which has to do with the UI.

Are you sure the UI is the problem? I've read a lot of stuff about why the lack of players, but I can't say I've spotted any mention of the UI. Combat mechanics, cost of stuff, nerfing of marks, etc, etc. I would think the Devs would be far better off worrying about the engine, chassis and gear box than fretting over the color of the furry dice at this stage.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, William Drayman said:

Are you sure the UI is the problem? I've read a lot of stuff about why the lack of players, but I can't say I've spotted any mention of the UI. Combat mechanics, cost of stuff, nerfing of marks, etc, etc. I would think the Devs would be far better off worrying about the engine, chassis and gear box than fretting over the color of the furry dice at this stage.

I can account for exactly 4 people who were thinking of buying this game, and after showing them a screenshot of the most recent UI, they were completely turned off of buying. I didn't even have to say anything else, I literally just showed them what the UI looked like, and they put their wallets away.

And thats just 4 people I personally know of. I wonder how many more people saw the UI and were instantly put off but didn't say anything?

2 minutes ago, kitsunelegend said:

I can account for exactly 4 people who were thinking of buying this game, and after showing them a screenshot of the most recent UI, they were completely turned off of buying. I didn't even have to say anything else, I literally just showed them what the UI looked like, and they put their wallets away.

And thats just 4 people I personally know of. I wonder how many more people saw the UI and were instantly put off but didn't say anything?

If the UI turned them off then this game wouldnt be for them in the first place. 

No offense but people like that are amazed by flashy graphics and fast paced action... so are better suited for DOTA or WoWS, not Naval Action or WWII Online or even ARMAIII or EVE. 

1 minute ago, Hodo said:

If the UI turned them off then this game wouldnt be for them in the first place. 

No offense but people like that are amazed by flashy graphics and fast paced action... so are better suited for DOTA or WoWS, not Naval Action or WWII Online or even ARMAIII or EVE. 

Funny you mention EVE not being for them, because 3 of the 4 play EVE and have played it for many years, and 2 of those 3 have even created missions for ARMAIII and play it fairly often. They also play DCS, IL2, Rise of Flight ect.

2 minutes ago, kitsunelegend said:

Funny you mention EVE not being for them, because 3 of the 4 play EVE and have played it for many years, and 2 of those 3 have even created missions for ARMAIII and play it fairly often. They also play DCS, IL2, Rise of Flight ect.

And they complained about the UI in this game.  LOL EVE the spreadsheet game, ARMA mission editor is actually worse than the UI here, and DCS, IL2, and Rise of Flight are all arcade style sims to me.  

28 minutes ago, Hodo said:

And they complained about the UI in this game.  LOL EVE the spreadsheet game, ARMA mission editor is actually worse than the UI here, and DCS, IL2, and Rise of Flight are all arcade style sims to me.  

...did you really just call DCS an arcade style sim game?

Are you really that dense?

On 6/27/2017 at 9:52 AM, kitsunelegend said:

The UI is functional enough to test the rest of the game. Does it need improvement? Absolutely, but I'd rather they get some actual game play issues fixed before they spend too much time making a UI that doesn't turn away some weaboos from WoWS. 

On 4/11/2017 at 8:23 AM, admin said:

We have never seen a negative review about the constitution. People always want more. If they want more they will have to pay for our extra work. 

I hope you aren't planning to sell pre made ships or notes that insta create ships. I can see real cash for Admiralty ship permits for 5th rates that aren't otherwise available. A 5th rate wouldn't be game breaking and no one can make a legit claim to pay to win,any rating where one has to earn marks however should be off the table,paints,bronze gun skins and ship names excluded.

Edited by DragonfireActual
something after the fact

On June 26, 2017 at 10:39 AM, kitsunelegend said:

....you're joking right? The UI is one of the most important things in a game, and one of the very first things new players see. Putting the UI on the back burner is one of the most stupidest things you could do...

The UI may be bare bones atm, but it is easier to have it adapt to the constant changes they are working on. If they had to change the UI every time the added or removed something, it would take even longer to get things done.

• Like 1

On 11-4-2017 at 2:23 PM, admin said:

We have never seen a negative review about the constitution. People always want more. If they want more they will have to pay for our extra work. 

never mind the critics ...

and YES i want to pay MORE for your EXTRA work

can i give you my shop list , just 4 dutch  ships....

A DUTCH SHIP will do..just fine and   a second rate first pls :)

ps..(i do know there is an engine issue) but a promise will do , and you even may put them in the game half finished to :)

the (any) DUTCH will not care less about reviews on how it looks.... i promise ........(if they open their mouth i shoot them myself)

Please, please, please remove the 50 combat mark fee for resetting the Perks, i am a lone player and I need to set perks for trading and then reset them for fighting... 50 combat marks each time is impossible to manage.

2 hours ago, JackA said:

Please, please, please remove the 50 combat mark fee for resetting the Perks, i am a lone player and I need to set perks for trading and then reset them for fighting... 50 combat marks each time is impossible to manage.

Free perk reset defeat the purpose of limited number of perks allowed. I personally only use combat perks, as I find them more important than trading perks. I can trade or craft all right without those specific perks.

Edited by Serk
  • Like 1

If only the devs would have done what they originally planned to do...

Instead, we got half of what was planned and are left with unfinished ideas (that have further been butchered and band-aided by "hot fixes") for the next 5 months while the game gets transferred over to Unity 5. Its no wonder why 2/3rds of the game population has left again. 

I try hard to remain positive about this game (because I really do enjoy playing it), but a PvP-based game needs active players for it to be entertaining. Its easy to say "screw it, ill be back in 5 months" but I really don't want it to come down to that. I hope the developers recognize the issues players are talking about and do something about it before the game turns into a ghost town for another half year. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 7/9/2017 at 11:14 PM, Capn Rocko said:

If only the devs would have done what they originally planned to do...

Instead, we got half of what was planned and are left with unfinished ideas (that have further been butchered and band-aided by "hot fixes") for the next 5 months while the game gets transferred over to Unity 5. Its no wonder why 2/3rds of the game population has left again. 

I try hard to remain positive about this game (because I really do enjoy playing it), but a PvP-based game needs active players for it to be entertaining. Its easy to say "screw it, ill be back in 5 months" but I really don't want it to come down to that. I hope the developers recognize the issues players are talking about and do something about it before the game turns into a ghost town for another half year. 

Logged in yesterday after patch release to see 400 players online. Sad. Imho 400 is a ghost town already when comparing to such a big game world. 

Edited by Project Pluto

On 1/19/2017 at 8:29 AM, Taranis said:

I kind of agree that missions can get dull fast.  A few small tweaks might make a big difference - eg: would be more interesting to having missions where one has to hunt a specific AI ship in an area; some missions could be to "capture" rather than "sink"; etc....

Oh, all missions, shooting and trade, need to be tweaked to be fun.