Game-Labs Forum

Content plans for the first half of 2017

10 hours ago, admin said:

Community relations heads up

• In 2016 we have been very active on the forums, responded to you multiple times a day, participated in the discussions, argued with you and sometimes fought with you. We found that our openness/directness started to be used against us, sometimes because of us. We will be doing some changes in the way we talk and discuss things with the community. 

This bothers me.  Sometimes people on these forums have a vision of what they want to seen in this game and sometimes that clashes with your vision.  I understand that, overal, the devs decide the direction of the game, but please keep in mind that the majority of people who post on these forums do so because we love this game and care passionately about it.  

Please don't let a small group of trolls ruin your relationship with the community on these forums.  Communication is important, and over the last month or 2 a lot of us feel like not responding is the developers just ignoring our requests and ideas.  

I strongly recommend you reconsider this and continue to keep an open dialogue with the community you have built here.  We are only trying to help.

• Like 5

I can fully understand that the devs need to build a game up which also has some fun in it. 

~ Stick to your guns in a constructive positive way. Offer positive thinking to solutions that provide fun for everyone - think global. Do not repeat over and over the same psalm of yours, which will be removed from now on leaving the rest of the post. Thank you. The Moderation Team ~

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

At least something.  I'm so tired of folks saying they aren't a nation.  Well we are until the dvs say other wise so they need to deal with it, but if we get some love they can't say antyhing cause than we know exactly what the devs plan for pirates.

Pirates are a faction but at the same time they are not in the current games build. I am gla they are trying to correct this pirate limbo and making the pirates less of a faction and more their own individual element.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Henry d'Esterre Darby said:

I can't say yes or no to that question at this time (the moderators don't know the answer to that question). I think the results of this first Kickstarter will be used to establish the answer to that question.

People have already paid for the game mate. It also isn't the cheapest game on EA. Actually, one of the most expensive ones.

Edited by wafflez1g
  • Like 1

People paid for this:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=259130636

A promise that new things like ships would be added to the game forever was never made, nor is it reasonable.  Paid expansions are completely normal in video games - additional ship packs can be thought of as paid expansions if you like.  Either way, this idea that somehow the community is entitled to new things forever at no additional cost is a fallacy.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Henry d'Esterre Darby said:

People paid for this:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=259130636

A promise that new things like ships would be added to the game forever was never made, nor is it reasonable.  Paid expansions are completely normal in video games - additional ship packs can be thought of as paid expansions if you like.  Either way, this idea that somehow the community is entitled to new things forever at no additional cost is a fallacy.

Yes DLC packs are a thing but not in beta versions of a game, that is a hilarious joke to me. I'll pay for a game, dlc packs if I enjoy it but asking for people to pay for ships to be added to the game that is in beta makes no sense. Or alpha in that regard.

Edited by wafflez1g
  • Like 4

In 2016 we have been very active on the forums, responded to you multiple times a day, participated in the discussions, argued with you and sometimes fought with you. We found that our openness/directness started to be used against us, sometimes because of us. We will be doing some changes in the way we talk and discuss things with the community. ~ Admin 2017 

Huh?

• Like 3

@wafflez1g

It is not a DLC. It is not an expansion. It is only an idea at this point.

If anything palpable it is a ship pack modelling project ( see Shipyard for examples ) that you don't have to fund instead of repeating over and over a thing which isn't remotely true.

It is not a request. It is a proposition to any players that might be interested.

Obviously you aren't as yet. Please do move forward.

• Like 1

If the ability for ai privateers to attack trader ships is brought back to the game, would it be possible to allow all trader ships to have at least stern chasers?

From what I've read, the original schooner named Lynx was outfitted as a trader but carried six 12 pd cannon on board. I'm not asking for that, but I don't understand why any trader ship would not carry stern chasers.

Edited by Captiva

Is removing missions wise? I mean alot of people dont really enjoy PvP certainly people i know and play with regularly and enjoy doing the difficult missions etc. I dont think removing them may be good overall.

Also i heard about a content wipe coming in the coming months? Would that reset Rank,Money, crafting Rank, Owned ships/materials etc?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, wafflez1g said:

Yes DLC packs are a thing but not in beta versions of a game, that is a hilarious joke to me. I'll pay for a game, dlc packs if I enjoy it but asking for people to pay for ships to be added to the game that is in beta makes no sense. Or alpha in that regard.

Tell me if i'm wrong but i think star citizen does exactly this, it's still in alpha and uses kickstarter to expand it's content.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pada said:

Well, it's going to be a completely new model. Not a new skin like they did for the Bellona or Victory. ^_^ 

so are the ships in star citizen, ive got the freelancer and cutlass and both ships will get remodeled and rebalanced

those 2 ships are just the 2 i know that are being remodeled as we speak, there may be alot more

Edited by D.Devil

I'm not into star citizen, was just thinking about it because i heard some ships in there costs up to 100$? Agh forget it, my bad.

But i still don't see a problem with the kickstarter and how it offends you. We already have more ships than we were promised. I'm willing to pay for new ships to be added. Still better then a monthly subscription.

Edited by Pada
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Fluffy Fishy said:

While I like the sound of the remodelling of the USS constitution is it really necessary that we have even more US ships? this game almost has a far over representation of the US navy and it would be a shame to focus time and effort on this project while there are so many other totally unrepresented nations and ship types currently lacking from the game. I would much rather see campaigns to see a much broader scope of ships than more from the USA, before long this game will end up having the entire early US fleet modelled, which seems a bit crazy judging how small and, and apart from their 6 super frigates, pretty insignificant the US navy was. I hope others agree but I would much prefer to see some more ships for Denmark Norway, The Dutch, Portugal and the Italian states see entry into the game than too many more US ships, while you can never have enough ships, comparatively we should really focus on the unrepresented nations a little more.

I think a Connie kickstarter would be a good test for this concept.  Players have expressed an interest in it; would be willing to fund such an effort. If it is successful then by all means offer additional kickstarters for ships from other nations.

And if this were kickstarter funded, there would be no time, effort, resources taken away from other game development as the funds/resources devoted to a Connie improvement would be entirely from kickstarter, nothig from the normal game development.

Edited by Chijohnaok
Typo

2 hours ago, D.Devil said:

never said anyone is forcing me/us to pay, however, to get shit tweaked and rebalanced they want to start a kickstarter to fund the project or else it doesnt happen. outrageous i say :)

These would be tweaks to ships that would otherwise never happen because they are so low on the game developers priority list. However, if enough players are interested in seeing those ship tweaks happen, AND are willing to fund it, then why not?

If you are fine with the existing Connie, you need do nothing. If you want to see her tweaked then pay a little something towards a kickstarter. If funding is successful, the tweaks will be done and implemented into the game, for everybody

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

The problem with this is, if everyone is getting it for free after its finished, WHY would anyone put forth the money to get it in the first place?

Kind of an oxymoron of a situation.

I think the goal would be to help sustain a game that we all enjoy and HOPE keeps on going.  I wouldn't have a problem dishing out an extra 15-20 bucks to help fund the game if they come up with something interesting.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

The problem with this is, if everyone is getting it for free after its finished, WHY would anyone put forth the money to get it in the first place?

Kind of an oxymoron of a situation.

Players who donated will get the awesome freedom skin to deliver maximum amount of freedom. B)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hodo said:

WHY would anyone put forth the money to get it in the first place?

We are talking about the human race. 

Overall as long as it is just changing the ship model I am find this alright. What I do not want to see is this becoming a habit for future projects and dlc like total war or paradox interactive. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fox2run said:

I can fully understand that the devs need to build a game up which also has some fun in it. 

~ Stick to your guns in a constructive positive way. Offer positive thinking to solutions that provide fun for everyone - think global. Do not repeat over and over the same psalm of yours, which will be removed from now on leaving the rest of the post. Thank you. The Moderation Team ~

Its not that I havent tried, Sir. Good luck on your project.

• Like 1