Game-Labs Forum

A Couple Observations, Questions (Thanks to Darthmod)

Pandemonium

Thanks for a very fun and great game! I have about 190 hours and played through Fredericksburg with Confederates and now Stones River with Union.  Both on normal difficulty.

Darthmod - I've played most of your mods for Total War. Congratulations on this game, and your accomplishments

Critical Notes

1. The introduction screen that lists the number of brigades each corps can deploy sometimes doesn't accurately reflect what you can deploy in the zones, or where.  I'm not sure how to swap out units if I have a surplus of brigades. They are on the  bar and if I right click on a unit in the zone, it disappears, but I can't get another unit to replace it. How?

2. Seems a bit unrealistic you can stack units one behind another and they fire. AI seems to stack units on top of each other. Units should not be able to fire through other units, especially artillery shooting canister. It makes it easy to defend. Is there a fix planned to keep lines of fire and clearances of fires appropriate?

3. When the Stones River and other campaigns "continuation" of battle to the next day, the AI auto-places units in trenches and locations that are not consistent with divisions and corps. It is A MESS. The player should absolutely by able to adjust deployments to keep unit integrity.

Minor Notes

4. The unit names don't change when officers are swapped for I Corps, 1st Division sometimes.

5. If you run out of officers in the barracks, you can simply create a new unit in one of the other corps and it will auto-generate an officer with the unit.

6. Some of the trenches should have a zone of cover, so if you surround a unit in the trench, they get penalties just like another unit. Seems the Fredericksburg campaign this was a Royal Pain In The Ass - I won, but I lost 25,000 men, as much as the Confederates.

THANK YOU

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pandemonium said:

1. The introduction screen that lists the number of brigades each corps can deploy sometimes doesn't accurately reflect what you can deploy in the zones, or where.  I'm not sure how to swap out units if I have a surplus of brigades. They are on the  bar and if I right click on a unit in the zone, it disappears, but I can't get another unit to replace it. How?

Left click on a unit in the quickbar at the bottom to select it, then left click in the deployment zone. (If the deployment zone is inactive in a multi-zone scenario, it'll take two left clicks - one to select, and one to place the unit.)

Thanks. That worked.

Stones River timer for Confeds is way too short. Having to rush units into combat before the conditions are set. I was minutes away from winning, took heavy casualties trying to take both locations.

Edited by Pandemonium