Game-Labs Forum

"Demast" command to AI fleet

Farrago

Question

4 answers to this question

32 minutes ago, PolishMartyr said:

I have had same results last week. Havent tried it recently though. So you are not alone.

I think he was asking which one.  I'm not even sure cause I seen them shoot both balls and chains, but I just assume it's de-sailing not demasting as it's mostly chain shot I see them fire.  I'll have to play with this.  I never been one to try to demast some one but lately when I been tagging traders in shallows I started to toy with demasting. AI I can knock the mast down essly, players it's a bit of a pain cause they don't stay still and well they have a repair.  That and it's just faster to rage board them once you get the sails down.   I kinda wish there was more than a few commands for the AI.  For me I would just prefer that to be a sail shot command, but I think they pick the ammo depending on the range.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I think he was asking which one.  I'm not even sure cause I seen them shoot both balls and chains, but I just assume it's de-sailing not demasting as it's mostly chain shot I see them fire.  I'll have to play with this.  I never been one to try to demast some one but lately when I been tagging traders in shallows I started to toy with demasting. AI I can knock the mast down essly, players it's a bit of a pain cause they don't stay still and well they have a repair.  That and it's just faster to rage board them once you get the sails down.   I kinda wish there was more than a few commands for the AI.  For me I would just prefer that to be a sail shot command, but I think they pick the ammo depending on the range.

I see what you mean. When I click demast on occasion I have watched then use ball but aim closer to the hull of the ship rather than use chain. I assumed that was what he meant but your explanation makes more sense.

Thanks for the answers. At my level, I can only crew a small AI. I'm usually looking for the AI to either slow down the opponent so I can catch him or so that I can get away. I'd hope they would do this by chaining sails. I don't want to sacrifice my little AI buddy if I don't have to. Those AI are brave tho. They'll go in and slug it out with anyone.