Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Elric

Boarding, assigning crew and more

Recommended Posts

When you close on two enemy ships, you try to board your target, but you board the ship on the other side....  huh...  shouldn't boarding be something you can actually target the enemy?  It's not like the crew is just randomly waving grappling hooks around.  Shouldn't we be able to target a specific ship and not hope the RNG gods favor us?

Why after boarding a ship and capturing it, are there times the X to assign crew does not appear?

Multiple times I've boarded ships - the two ships are side-by-side, you've successfully captured them, but the darned X does not appear - or it takes an inordinate amount of time to appear.   This doesn't make any sense - after all, you've already managed to put crew on the ship to capture it.

Anyone else get infuriated with this?

I can understand the initial boarding being a little more random waiting for the G to present or to be triggered - but the X should be much more predictable.

I've also been alongside multiple captured ships - but similar to the G where I cannot target the correct ship, the same happens with the X - there have been times I cannot put crew on the closest ship, but one on the other side of it...  very strange.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they would finally allow us to load different shot per deck, I could see grappling hooks be an option on the upper deck. Like say it's a 3 decker SoL, there would be a "4th deck" with the option to load grappling hooks. We'd be able to turn that deck on/off to fire. And when on, we could fire out toward the target we wish to grapple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about when the boarding is over and you win you get the option to assign crew in the boarding window before you exit it and continue to fight in the battle?  That would prob solve the crew placement and well what I done a few time.s  Wanted to switch ships cause mine was sinking or hurt bad and I accidentally switched, but with only 2 crew on mine and the rest of my crew is on the sinking ship and it goes down.....grrrrrrr yep this happen recently.   

24 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

If they would finally allow us to load different shot per deck, I could see grappling hooks be an option on the upper deck. Like say it's a 3 decker SoL, there would be a "4th deck" with the option to load grappling hooks. We'd be able to turn that deck on/off to fire. And when on, we could fire out toward the target we wish to grapple.

You can kinda of doing it with cannons and carros.  I will load Grape or Chain on the top deck and than switch to Charged shot on the bottom so I can turn that top deck off until close and use the chain or grape on them when in range.   Though I agree it would be nice to load what you want and keep it on each deck.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

How about when the boarding is over and you win you get the option to assign crew in the boarding window before you exit it and continue to fight in the battle?  That would prob solve the crew placement and well what I done a few time.s  Wanted to switch ships cause mine was sinking or hurt bad and I accidentally switched, but with only 2 crew on mine and the rest of my crew is on the sinking ship and it goes down.....grrrrrrr yep this happen recently.   

You can kinda of doing it with cannons and carros.  I will load Grape or Chain on the top deck and than switch to Charged shot on the bottom so I can turn that top deck off until close and use the chain or grape on them when in range.   Though I agree it would be nice to load what you want and keep it on each deck.

Wut....all along I could've loaded different shot on each deck? So, I turn off lower decks so they don't load, then load chain on upper. Once loaded, I turn that deck off and the others back on, then load a different shot? Tedious, but interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

Wut....all along I could've loaded different shot on each deck? So, I turn off lower decks so they don't load, then load chain on upper. Once loaded, I turn that deck off and the others back on, then load a different shot? Tedious, but interesting.

You have to have Carros on the top decks and cannons on the bottom to do it.  You load say grape or chain on all guns.  Than you have to load Double Charge/Shot on the Cannons below it and the Carros will keep the first load until you load something else on all decks.  It's a sneaky little trick since the Carros aren't going to be long range any way.  But shhhhhh don't tell any one or we will get called hackers again for just figuring out game mechanics and using them in the game lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

You have to have Carros on the top decks and cannons on the bottom to do it.  You load say grape or chain on all guns.  Than you have to load Double Charge/Shot on the Cannons below it and the Carros will keep the first load until you load something else on all decks.  It's a sneaky little trick since the Carros aren't going to be long range any way.  But shhhhhh don't tell any one or we will get called hackers again for just figuring out game mechanics and using them in the game lol

Cheeky bugger, always teaching me things :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

You have to have Carros on the top decks and cannons on the bottom to do it.  You load say grape or chain on all guns.  Than you have to load Double Charge/Shot on the Cannons below it and the Carros will keep the first load until you load something else on all decks.  It's a sneaky little trick since the Carros aren't going to be long range any way.  But shhhhhh don't tell any one or we will get called hackers again for just figuring out game mechanics and using them in the game lol

That is sneaky since the carro's will ignore the double shot/charge order.

Found out the hard way that having the double s/c officer perks is useless on a carro ship. Almost F11'd it.

Edited by Angus McGregor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Angus McGregor said:

That is sneaky since the carro's will ignore the double shot/charge order.

Found out the hard way that having the double s/c officer perks is useless on a carro ship. Almost F11'd it.

And cause your fighting at range you just turn off that top deck and use the Double Charge against them.  I mean I'm not the greatest player out there, but I got almost 3K hours in game so you think we learn  a thing or two.....

 

PS about 500 of those hours might of been me falling a sleep at the keyboard before they put the AFK kick in game lol

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...