Game-Labs Forum

Hey Folks!

Dear developers,

can't you rethink the whole PvP systhem? ATM it is a chase or try to run, gank or be ganked simulator. Many things take way to much time, so the most people are running even it is a fair fight. If you lose a ship, all of your officers lives, your upgrades, or your cargo, it takes WAY to much time to rebuilt. For example, to craft a renomee, with, lets say pirate refit, copper plating and speedtrim, it takes at least 2-5 days, if you craft all your needed materials by yourself, and ship them from a city like Gustavia, or Wilhelmstadt, or other capitals. What abought a Constitution? 7days? Come on!  I understand that players lurk each other in the real world, mostly at least just massive insult each other, if they sink there ship. The penalties for loosing ar way to high! 
So what hapens? Everybody is running from a fight if you can, me too. One dura ships btw. are useless, caus you will lose all your Upgrades, which are mostly not craftable, but needed....

So why not make dura a thing that you can restore with gold and time? So when you have your first rate sunk, your dura droppes to zero, but you still keep your ship and upgrades and you need to pay 500.000 and wait 2 days till your dura is restored? Maybe the ships with restored dura may become slightly woser (lower hp, speed and armor) than new ones, but still usable. Even captured ships gain a second chance and at least some use then. The trader not looses 100 % of there goods, maybe only 30%, and the corsair will get a propper reward from the admirality, or the 30 % of the goods. Why not? Will make it at leas less serious but more fun and less punishing.

The officer with 10 lives is also a miscreation, so people will mostly surrender. Cause level up a new officer will consume up to 6-8 houres. More time to grind, then using time to play trough a normal AA+ game.

Make the game less grind and less useless sailing around (when you attract more players, the ocean will get more populated). PvP ist the core of this game, so reduce the penalties of loosing a fight, and we all get more fights and more fun. Even if you loose one. Give normal gamers with 5-8 hours gametime in a week, a chance to have some fun (no not just with cutters), dont frustrate them with grind when they lose a ship ind PvP and give them the chance to participate in bigger Events, then we will have full servers all the time. Dont listen to the gamers who say, that achiving something must be hard work. It should be a challange, but not "hard" work.

hold fast
Karotte

Edited by karotte
  • Like 2

I think for some its a struggle to keep their fleet afloat, and other people need to give ships away cause their docks are full.

You need to put some time in putting up a good crafting system, with ports close to eachother that produce the majority of goods you need in an area that has a good regional bonus. This took me two days to set up, and I have taken another two days to move it. Once you are set and you do your daily routine of collecting stuff and the occasional trade run to get stuff on the right spot you should be putting out a couple of gold ships every week. Unless you only sail SoL's at which its probably closer to 1 or 2 every week. Use contracts in ports that produce a good where you can't place a production building. If you are low on money do rear admiral missions and cap 1st rates or just cap traders for good loot or money.

For people below Flag Captain I would suggest not to invest any money in gold ships but using the NPC ships, they are dirt cheap they'll give you a good return on investment and they are widely available. A gold ship is only a good idea if you also have good upgrades to fit on it. Instead save up crafting stuff and find a crafter to craft you a gold ship. Don't put all your money in a 2 million surprise, put you money in production buildings and outposts they'll suit you much better in the long run. If you look at the capital shop every day, I bet every now and then they'll be a ship for sale at bargain price.

They always say, don't sail what you can't afford to replace. Also don't put good upgrades on a one dura ship.

I think you're from a smaller nation, so its a tad harder for you to do all the above, and the chances for ganking are also realy high. But try to go out in groups, get involved in an active clan, they'll usualy run around in groups you're less likely to be sunk. Sometimes you gank, sometimes you get ganked sometimes its an even fight, thats just how it is.

Loosing your 5 dura runaway ship in a matter of days while only playing for an hour or two a day is probably not that easy to accomplish ;-)

never sailed anything better then a green ship till flag captain I think. They are perfectly fine for leveling and learning the game. If you loose ships faster then you can recraft them, you should probably practice with grey ships. 

2 hours ago, karotte said:

..I understand that players lurk each other in the real world, mostly at least just massive insult each other, if they sink there ship. The penalties for loosing ar way to high!

No. I can unserstand they are pissed but i can't understand they are using the chat for insulting anybody. They decided to play an Open World Game. That includes the highly risk to be outnumbered in such a game design and that is absolutely ok. It is the nature of an Open World Game design that it is a big battlefield with zergs running around or lone wolfs or whatever.

So why not make dura a thing that you can restore with gold and time?

A working economy depends on demands! That means: Crafting is needed to make this world living. If noone needs to craft, then there is no need to ship goods from a to b. But that is the base to bringing risks to the game and to give a pirate and a privateer a sense of live. In other words: Items must be destroyed and rebuild to keep the base of this game - the economy - alive and give multiple player roles - Crafting, Trader, Pirate, Privateer.. - a sense

The officer with 10 lives is also a miscreation, so people will mostly surrender. Cause level up a new officer will consume up to 6-8 houres

agree with you

2 hours ago, Otto Kohl said:

LOL ships are cheap as hell and easy to build. Building renomee requires 2563 lh including all materials (who the hell sail Renomeee...).

You lose 5 dura in 2 days - you are very bad captain then... Why devs should help noobs that cant sail or loose their cargo to privateers ? If you cant use your brain you deserve to be punished.

I agree with your content, but i dont like your comments, coz of the words you are using so often when commenting other players. Why you always need to tell everybody he "is a bad captain", "noob", "cant sail", "cant use brain"? Do you really need to tell the whole world how low your verbal skills are?

Edited by Sven Silberbart
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Fletch67 said:

Just buy a cheap old NPC ship from a random port go out and have some fun. t

They are cheap as chips you can get a conni for 150k.

That not so easy from what I seen on PvP1.  Where folks will buy them up and than resale them at marked up prices.    This makes it really hard for new or broke players to buy the cheap ships.

My personnel view is that SOL's should not count in the PvP event deep water.  It should be saved for your fleet grindings nad Line ship port battles.  This way it keeps the BR's more evenly matched and saves the PvP event sto Frigates and Light ships only.   I refuse to go into the Deep water one on either server cause it's nothing more than a gank fest or every one wants to use biggest ships and fight smaller only other wise they run if you bring equal ships. Limit it to frigates only than that will make the ships more equal BR wise in fights.

16 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

That not so easy from what I seen on PvP1.  Where folks will buy them up and than resale them at marked up prices.    This makes it really hard for new or broke players to buy the cheap ships.

I see people do that, and it is stupid, just buy a ship in another port I never have trouble finding an NPC ship, especialy if you have different outposts. I realy think getting ships atm is not hard at all. If you ask around if someone has a free ship they'll surely give you one too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Otto Kohl said:

LOL ships are cheap as hell and easy to build. Building renomee requires 2563 lh including all materials (who the hell sail Renomeee...).

You lose 5 dura in 2 days - you are very bad captain then... Why devs should help noobs that cant sail or loose their cargo to privateers ? If you cant use your brain you deserve to be punished.

Otto, you dont get the point... all players that are playing the game right now, mostly have 500 hours gametime or more on there back, and no problem of getting ships. I am targeting the players who already LEFT the game behind, because of the grind mechanics. You don have to be a doctor of mathematics to figure out, how long the Devs will support and bringing out new content to a game that has only 500-700 active players on the main server.

You need casual player for a working open world game, as well as some noobs for you to feel better .. :P

Aswell over 2000 lh is aka 2-3 Days.. plus permanent Upgrades!

Bying a green Conny from NPC will result in:  get asskicked all day. You ar outpreformed in every manner and if you are new to the game. you dont even have the skills to defend youself gainst a longtime player, so even if you ar a good player, a green/fir/srong hull conny will always loos a fight agins a propper build one.

Jep and additional to that, atm all players will not lose a dura of there good ships that easy, because you only have to run ... that is the point I am talking about. 

Edited by karotte

As other people have pointed out, NPC shop ships are the way to go if you have limited resources/time. For players with 5-8 hours of gametime, the 5 durabilities on ships is probably enough to last for an entire week or two, while labour hours and resource production is the most casual-friendly moneymaker to afford ship replacements.

And the whole point of officer lives is to make people surrender more often, it's a good thing.

15 minutes ago, Aegir said:

As other people have pointed out, NPC shop ships are the way to go if you have limited resources/time. For players with 5-8 hours of gametime, the 5 durabilities on ships is probably enough to last for an entire week or two, while labour hours and resource production is the most casual-friendly moneymaker to afford ship replacements.

And the whole point of officer lives is to make people surrender more often, it's a good thing.

So chasing a running player for 1 hour till he has no chane of going away,  then he surrenders leaving you behind with no reward than a ship that is compleatly useless, is a good thing?

Btw, which crafting level do you need to craft notes? You see also to get there ist to hard for a casual player.

Edited by karotte

30 minutes ago, karotte said:

So chasing a running player for 1 hour till he has no chane of going away,  then he surrenders leaving you behind with no reward than a ship that is compleatly useless, is a good thing?

Btw, which crafting level do you need to craft notes? You see also to get there ist to hard for a casual player.

Yep, saves time for everyone since people usually only surrender if they don't stand a chance (which is a bad fight anyways), or shortly before sinking (which means that there was a good fight anyways). Before we had officers and officer lives people would suicide ram crappy ships into others, and these days we'd easily have fleets full of fireships because there's no loss.

Just sell your labour hours directly by crafting who provide materials and money. Or make a labour office where you can store and sell your labour hours as 'extra labor' notes, that's what I'm up to right now. Mid grade notes are extremely attractive and expensive, and crafting level 15 to make them (out of 50) is quite low. Not to mention that hunting AI traders can net you alot of money these days.

But yeah, at the end of the day it's a fairly time-consuming game.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, karotte said:

Otto, you dont get the point... all players that are playing the game right now, mostly have 500 hours gametime or more on there back, and no problem of getting ships. I am targeting the players who already LEFT the game behind, because of the grind mechanics. You don have to be a doctor of mathematics to figure out, how long the Devs will support and bringing out new content to a game that has only 500-700 active players on the main server.

You need casual player for a working open world game, as well as some noobs for you to feel better .. :P

Aswell over 2000 lh is aka 2-3 Days.. plus permanent Upgrades!

Bying a green Conny from NPC will result in:  get asskicked all day. You ar outpreformed in every manner and if you are new to the game. you dont even have the skills to defend youself gainst a longtime player, so even if you ar a good player, a green/fir/srong hull conny will always loos a fight agins a propper build one.

Jep and additional to that, atm all players will not lose a dura of there good ships that easy, because you only have to run ... that is the point I am talking about. 

So now you have changed from saying ships are too expensive, too if you buy a green conni you will get out performed. Of course a good crafted one will out perform a cheap one. what do you think you are getting for your money? Its a throw away ship that you can earn pvp money xp and rewards in. Get a mate in one too and you can both tag team a player and cap his more expensive one. If you want to leet solo pvp and kick every ones ass your going to have to spend a few bob on a ship. If you just want some low risk fun by a green ship and have a battle. All the options are provided.

3 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Bacause people dont learn on their own mistakes, they keep doing same thing over an over which leads to loosing ships and cargo. And instead of blaming themselves for their ignorance and trying to improve they go to forums and whine. They dont desevre my verbal skills, i keep it simple so they can understand.

And were ist the whine within this treat? You missed completely the point of this threat. Maybe it will be the best if you use reading skills, cause you dont understand, that I am not talking abought myself.

Or you just want to troll?

I brought many friends to this game, and they all quit, because the grind is so high.

I fear that the game will die shortly after release du to less player playing it and not enought mony is made out the game and maybe add-on's, or premium ships or something like that, to keep the gameservers running. 

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

My personnel view is that SOL's should not count in the PvP event deep water.  It should be saved for your fleet grindings nad Line ship port battles.  This way it keeps the BR's more evenly matched and saves the PvP event sto Frigates and Light ships only.   I refuse to go into the Deep water one on either server cause it's nothing more than a gank fest or every one wants to use biggest ships and fight smaller only other wise they run if you bring equal ships. Limit it to frigates only than that will make the ships more equal BR wise in fights.

Sorry but your not right about the npc ships. Every port in the game has a selection of dirt cheap green npc ships, sail around a bit and you will find them. I brought a group member a conni for 150k just the other day. Constitution is the biggest and you might have to try a few ports before you find them. Brought one in St Anne Jamaica less than 2 days ago.

20 minutes ago, Fletch67 said:

So now you have changed from saying ships are too expensive, too if you buy a green conni you will get out performed. Of course a good crafted one will out perform a cheap one. what do you think you are getting for your money? Its a throw away ship that you can earn pvp money xp and rewards in. Get a mate in one too and you can both tag team a player and cap his more expensive one. If you want to leet solo pvp and kick every ones ass your going to have to spend a few bob on a ship. If you just want some low risk fun by a green ship and have a battle. All the options are provided.

So you say: Everything is fine, new players will have fun? 

Then why new players are nearly nonexistent in this game?

and @Otto Kohl

The same question to you? Why new players are nearly nonexistent in this game, if it is so much fun and fair?

You don't even want to understand what i am writing in the first post, you just want to troll, because I may have sunk you ingame or trolled you,or maybe one of your clanmates. I dont remember, because it is a game... but reads like: "mimimi I dont like him ingame, so lets troll him and call him a noob."

Can we please now go back to toppic? And please answer my question. 

Edited by karotte

Seriously I don't know what faction you play, the Brits though are teaming with new players hence why the pirates constantly try and farm them around Jamaica. There are plenty of cheap ships in NPC shops, I am nor sure if every new player knows about them, I brought a new player in my group a green ship the other day because he lost his in a fight. Yes this game is not easy but why should it be? Its not world of warcraft, its rewarding when you have success, and its punishing when you fail. A perfect example I capped a pirate Ballona 2 days ago and was chuffed about it, lost it to another bunch of pirates last night. Its just how it goes. The community is quite mature though and new players can find quite a bit of help.

1 minute ago, Otto Kohl said:

Haha i dont think so, we can 1v1 ill give you 5 mill if you sink me ;).

With only 400 players primetime, we will sooner or later meat each other..

But generally you say I have no chance to win, and I have 600 hour of playtime, how will a new player ever can have a fair fight agains you,with your propper build and upgraded ships? You see the problem? I think even with the same ships, you can outsail a newbie, can't you?

So why not lower the grind that the new players have at least a chance to have some fun? 

1 hour ago, Fletch67 said:

Sorry but your not right about the npc ships. Every port in the game has a selection of dirt cheap green npc ships, sail around a bit and you will find them. I brought a group member a conni for 150k just the other day. Constitution is the biggest and you might have to try a few ports before you find them. Brought one in St Anne Jamaica less than 2 days ago.

Actually I'm very right.  You want me to log onto PvP1 and make some screen shots for you?  Just cause you haven't experienced it yourself doens't mean others in other nations haven't.   You even just listed a few ports and that means your prob Brit and not have been in every port to check to see what every one has sold.  I'm Pirate over there on my alt account and you had to go away from any of the main ports to find NPC sold ships that wasn't bought by some player and reposted at a much higher mark up.  I did go searching around to find an LGV that wasn't marked the hell up.   I was doing some testing one sunday morning and started as a Demon with nothing but a basic cutter (since I play on PvP2) and I grinded up about 2-3 milliion, had a capped trader snow and both me a store Trinc and LGV.    I had to go a good distance from the Mort area to find those two ships in a reasonable price to get them.  To some one that doesn't know the game even a 150K ship is not cheap.  A shop built LGV should be about 50K and a shop built trinc is 80K.  I'm checking on PvP2 to find a Connin, but I"m going ot bet it's prob about 100K .  And most those ships listead or either Oak, Teak or Fir so you have to look around good or you will be stuck with a fir paper thin Connie

25 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Of course they have no chance against skilled player, and they should not have untill they get skill by themselves - do you see that as a problem? Imho its excactly how it should look like. Skilled player can defeat 2nd rate in 4th or even 5th rate in 1v1, its not the matter of ship but skill and "grind" has nothing to do with it.

And if you lower the grind and make it easier you get what you have when Rear Adm players come over from PvE and think they know how to play the game and than wonder why they get sunk.  We have had guys come from PvE max ranked and couldn't even manual sale.    Really how did they last that long over there? 

• Like 1

@karotte Please excuse the trolls.  These forums can be a hostile place for new members and people with low community reputation.  I really wish the moderators would edit or delete posts where comments attack a players character instead of trying to be constructive.  It discourages people from coming here to post.

As for your point, the pvp event is a gank fest shitshow because that is just the nature of OW.  You will never run into a group of ships that is exactly an equal match for your group.  There will always be an imbalance, and thus the side with less firepower will run away.  I am not sure how to fix the problems of OW PvP, but I do know that if more port battle type content is added to this game there will be lots of good PvP.  I hope the developers are taking notes here.  So far game was best when we had flags and we would pull flags to attack ports. 

One thing that I personally think is hurting this game is the regional trims where you have to sail all your resources and materials to craft a ship with the trim you want.  It is getting extremely tedious and I really am sick of closing ports and making long sails to open new ports elsewhere just to get specific regional trims.  It really sucks and I hope this is changed. 

Edited by Yar Matey
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Actually I'm very right.  You want me to log onto PvP1 and make some screen shots for you?  Just cause you haven't experienced it yourself doens't mean others in other nations haven't.   You even just listed a few ports and that means your prob Brit and not have been in every port to check to see what every one has sold.  I'm Pirate over there on my alt account and you had to go away from any of the main ports to find NPC sold ships that wasn't bought by some player and reposted at a much higher mark up.  I did go searching around to find an LGV that wasn't marked the hell up.   I was doing some testing one sunday morning and started as a Demon with nothing but a basic cutter (since I play on PvP2) and I grinded up about 2-3 milliion, had a capped trader snow and both me a store Trinc and LGV.    I had to go a good distance from the Mort area to find those two ships in a reasonable price to get them.  To some one that doesn't know the game even a 150K ship is not cheap.  A shop built LGV should be about 50K and a shop built trinc is 80K.  I'm checking on PvP2 to find a Connin, but I"m going ot bet it's prob about 100K .  And most those ships listead or either Oak, Teak or Fir so you have to look around good or you will be stuck with a fir paper thin Connie

You want me to check out the pirate ports for you? I can run a smuggler flag trader and check some out. You wont find cheap ships in your capital, same as you will not find them in any nation capital. Just sail around a bit and check out some ports they will have cheap green ships.